The Durant Sweepstakes

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If that is something the Nets take they must have hired Bill O’Brien as GM. Do it in a second

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It probably is too good to be true. But makes some sense for Nets if they are committed to a full OKC style reboot. Then they could move Kyrie to Lakers (or wherever) for ton more picks, buy out Westbrook, and rebuild around Simmons with a bunch of expiring contracts, future picks, and cap room.

They don't have their own draft picks so bottoming out does them no good.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've never refreshed a page so many times in my life. This is madness.
I think the only time I ever refreshed ASFN so much was back in Adrian Peterson rumor period. Hopefully this one turns out differently.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, so we would give up Ayton, garbage, 4 firsts and 3 swaps for KD and bogdonovich? Doooooo it.

It's hard to believe the Suns could keep Bridges and Johnson and still get Durant.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I think the only time I ever refreshed ASFN so much was back in Adrian Peterson rumor period. Hopefully this one turns out differently.
Getting Durant would be like winning the lottery. Just way too good to be true.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait, so we would give up Ayton, garbage, 4 firsts and 3 swaps for KD and bogdonovich? Doooooo it.
I mean - all those guys we are trading are expiring in a year except for Payne, and he is very movable. So if they really want cap flexibility and picks, this trade isn't as crazy as it seems at first glance.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How many of those first belong to us and how many are coming from Utah?

It’s already a ridiculously stupid to good to be true trade for us but if only 2 of those picks belong to us then it’s the most insane trade ever

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How many of those first belong to us and how many are coming from Utah?

It’s already a ridiculously stupid to good to be true trade for us but if only 2 of those picks belong to us then it’s the most insane trade ever
It's 4 picks from us, and 3 swaps. 2 from Utah.

That's a lot, but if we are getting Bogdanovich and keeping Mikal and Cam Johnson - that's worth the swaps and 2 additional picks to me.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read it 2 picks would come from the Jazz and 4 from the Suns plus swaps to the Nets.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And here comes the Heat.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The AZ Sports live feed is not working anymore

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw this on another board. Sounds fanciful to me.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Umm...

So... we'd have

Paul, Booker, Bridges, Cam Johnson, Durant, Bogdanovic........ Ish? Iffy?

We'd desperately need another guard and a couple bigs... gotta think we'd play a lot of small ball, but that team would be insane with shooting and wing depth.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's 4 picks from us, and 3 swaps. 2 from Utah.

That's a lot, but if we are getting Bogdanovich and keeping Mikal and Cam Johnson - that's worth the swaps and 2 additional picks to me.
Hell you know what, if we have Bogdanovich, Mikal and Cam - Durant will play center for us and it will work against most teams.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
98.7 is having a power outage, posted on Twitter.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Umm...

So... we'd have

Paul, Booker, Bridges, Cam Johnson, Durant, Bogdanovic........ Ish? Iffy?

We'd desperately need another guard and a couple bigs... gotta think we'd play a lot of small ball, but that team would be insane with shooting and wing depth.
Yeah. we have the 6 mil exception, and we need a backup point guard and a center both desperately.

But I think with that lineup we will be able to over come it.

We actually could trade Cam Johnson for a center - It might give us a more balanced lineup.