The Durant Sweepstakes

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too. How many times have teams traded for big-name aging vets and lived to regret it? Lots and lots. Any player that has had an Achilles rupture is a very short-timer.

How much did this playoff run ruin me? I do not really even care that much about getting Durant. Won't move the needle that much and shortens our window severely. this is the trade that gets JJ fired.

(unless he does it much more cheaply than everyone is saying)
JC, our window slammed shut when the Suns said it was an “internal decision” to bench DA. It’s been really clear through all reports that we are done with him and if that’s so, whatever we get back in trade ain’t keeping that window open.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Suns could get a team like this

KD
CP3
Booker
Mikal
trash center (Biz)?

Clarkson

That's good enough - I love our chances for the title.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Umm.

Bogdonavich is a very good starter, not a bench player.

Clarkson is probably the best 6th man in the league.

Collins has got personality issues - there is a reason Atl wants to trade him.
Bogdanovich doesn't start over Mikal in my opinion and as roster looks now Johnson and Bridges are starters at F. I like Cam at PF over Bogdanovic. Plus he is 33 years old so not like he is a long term core piece like Ayton is.

Edit: Collins and Trae Young don't get along (play well together). Collins just needs a change of scenery. Never heard anything about Collins until this year, ATL ain't letting go of Trae so Collins has to go.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bogdanovich doesn't start over Mikal in my opinion and as roster looks now Johnson and Bridges are starters at F. I like Cam at PF over Bogdanovic. Plus he is 33 years old so not like he is a long term core piece like Ayton is.
Bog would be the PF.

Most likely Cam gets traded in that scenerio - and yes, bogdonavich is better than Cam.

I think this is kind of pointless though, because I am 90% sure we are getting KD.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo just says he has talked to people in suns organization, and he says they are telling him no doubt KD will be a Sun.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Edit: Collins and Trae Young don't get along (play well together). Collins just needs a change of scenery. Never heard anything about Collins until this year, ATL ain't letting go of Trae so Collins has to go.

Collins also got popped for PED's shortly after Ayton did. He's not a model citizen by any means. He can't get along with Trae and has had issues with Atlanta's front office for a while.

I like him but there is definitely a reason he's being given away by Atlanta and the fact that no one has bit on him when the cost is so low should say how he's viewed by GM's and players around the league.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Collins also got popped for PED's shortly after Ayton did. He's not a model citizen by any means. He can't get along with Trae and has had issues with Atlanta's front office for a while.

I like him but there is definitely a reason he's being given away by Atlanta and the fact that no one has bit on him when the cost is so low should say how he's viewed by GM's and players around the league.
Exactly.

Gambo says Suns have zero interest in him also.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo just says he has talked to people in suns organization, and he says they are telling him no doubt KD will be a Sun.

He should announce it on twitter and break the story instead of waiting for the national media.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be a cruel joke for us not to get him at this point.

In other words… par for the Suns course!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Saw this on another board. Sounds fanciful to me.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's a salary dump by the Suns. I don't like it.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That would be absolutely insane. Get DiVincenzo to replace Shamet, re-sign Biyombo, and try to nab a point guard like Schroeder or another big.

Raindog

Reaction score
That's a salary dump. I don't like it.
How so? Suns get KD and Bogdanovich for all the dreck on their roster + Ayton... and a bunch (like lots) of picks.

I would file it under wishful thinking, but if it could somehow be done, Suns win this hands down.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What don’t you like about it? It lets us keep Bridges, Cam J and add Bog.

How so? Suns get KD and Bogdanovich for all the dreck on their roster + Ayton... and a bunch (like lots) of picks.

I would file it under wishful thinking, but if it could somehow be done, Suns win this hands down.

Yeah, I read it wrong the first time. I'd do that.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What?

No Cam Johnson or Mikal? and Bogdanovich?

That's too good to be true. Way to good to be true.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Nets did that trade, they value draft picks over players.

That's a lot of filler being sent out by the Suns although the Nets might be able to turn them into draft picks.

Raindog

Reaction score
It probably is too good to be true. But makes some sense for Nets if they are committed to a full OKC style reboot. Then they could move Kyrie to Lakers (or wherever) for ton more picks, buy out Westbrook, and rebuild around Simmons with a bunch of expiring contracts, future picks, and cap room.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That would be absolutely insane. Get DiVincenzo to replace Shamet, re-sign Biyombo, and try to nab a point guard like Schroeder or another big.
We would still be 8 quality deep.

Center is only thing missing from being absolutely dominate.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard