Suns @ Mavericks Friday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-6-2022 - Game 3

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns are right there. Now let's play with some composure.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fugly. But down 7. Testament to the crappiness of the Mavs or our ability. Maybe a bit of both. Lol

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
One thing we know for sure, the Mavs will be gassed by the 4th. We just need our offense to wake up to take advantage.
They’ve done well giving Luka rest so far. They’re not even letting him cover any ball handler

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kleber is moving Ayton out of the lane. He needs to put on some muscle.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
CRAP! That woulda been a nice dagger by Bridges there. But I’ll take down 7 at the half.

Game will be decided in the first six minutes of the 3rd. We come out strong and Dallas will wilt down the stretch.
I hope Bridges gets his shot back in the second half. So many shots popping out of the rim out for him.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Need to put Jae on Doncic a bit. He can absorb the blows.

Luka literally jumps into the defender on every drive.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Missed the first half. Didn't realize this would be on ESPN and thought we had the day off when I checked TNT earlier and only saw the Philly game.

What's the story of the first half?

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Missed the first half. Didn't realize this would be on ESPN and thought we had the day off when I checked TNT earlier and only saw the Philly game.

What's the story of the first half?
Brickfest. Turnoverfest. Warmed up the last couple minutes. Eh all things considered, they’re in it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Laggy energy. Gotta pick it up. Someone needs to step up. Would be nice for someone outside of book or CP at some point this playoffs....

The Mavs are playing out of their mind but can they do it for 48 minutes?

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is the type of game I expected. I think they need more from their bench guarding Doncic.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well deserved. They are attacking. We've just been fortunate they've been off a bit on the 3 ball.
Yep give them credit. Unlike the first two games they are attacking the basket. Good adjustment. Suns need to protect the paint and we will be fine.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Mavs are playing out of their mind but can they do it for 48 minutes?
Yep. But the great thing about this team last year was there was always that guy who just picked up the slack it seemed like if it wasn't CP. Haven't seen that so far this year IMO.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That stretch of like 5 or 6 possession where we were stuck on 20 or 22 killed us.

AZ due I love BBQ

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I just don’t understand why the suns never get calls
The suns DO get calls. This board, like any fan board, is just so biased. I mean just look at these comments. If a random person read all these comments they'd think the NBA office in NY would be firing the three refs five minutes after the game

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep give them credit. Unlike the first two games they are attacking the basket. Good adjustment. Suns need to protect the paint and we will be fine.
Exactly. That's why it's smart. Someone needs to tell our bigs at half that you have to make em think twice about coming into that lane... I know they want Ayton to avoid foul trouble. But you can't have a scared soft mentality from you bigs in the lane either. IMO

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson