Interesting story about Fitz and Hump

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would assume so. But isn’t that why we pay keim the big bucks? To be able to ferret out reality? I mean I see so many people want to give keim a pass for failing to do his job.

is it a tough job? Yeah. Are there a ton of variables you have to consider? Yeah. Does it require investigation? Yeah. A good gm still has a missteps but avoids many of them.

ah forget it. If you want to say it’s okay that keim didn’t read this guy right at the time of the draft so be it.

See Shane's post.

Humphries is on his second, and now CHEAP contract and is one of the better LTs in the league. He has literally became what Keim thought he could become.

Definitely NOT a bust.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
See Shane's post.

Humphries is on his second, and now CHEAP contract and is one of the better LTs in the league. He has literally became what Keim thought he could become.

Definitely NOT a bust.
That’s why said “semi-bust.” Maybe “bust” shouldnt come into the conversation. Semi-disappointing draft pick based on lost low cost opportunity?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That’s why said “semi-bust.” Maybe “bust” shouldnt come into the conversation. Semi-disappointing draft pick based on lost low cost opportunity?

Good way to put it. We didn't get a lot out of him on that cheap rookie contract. Now, that did make it so that we got him on a cheap SECOND contract, but he was a waste early on.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
First season is moot he was injured. He has turned into a good player and has a second contract. No way in hell the pick can be considered a “bust” disappointing to start? Sure. But bust? No.

And he was 20-years old when he came out, and many thought that had he stayed in school he'd have been top 5 a year later.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will never forget in DJs first season, in preseason, which is all we have to go on because he was benched his entire rookie season, he would RUN off the field to sit on the front seat of the cart in front of the fan. I sit directly behind the oline. I have never seen this before or since. And he didn't pay attention. My friend and I couldn't believe it. It seemed like he was a spoiled brat.

DJ needed a year to grow up. Overwhelmingly, fans thought he was a bust. Post this story at the end of that season, and everyone would be defending Fitz and all over DJ.

That is a fact.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It’s obvious both of you have a pretty narrow view on leadership. There are many forms of leadership.... some work on Dave but not Paul... others work on Paul but not Jennifer

one form of leadership is recognizing what is going to get the most out of a particular individual

when I coached I often used the “heavy handed slave driver” technique.... it can have widespread effectiveness in sports

leading by example is okay... but it’s a basic minimum
Did Larry go tell Hump....” dude I ain’t gonna waste my time on you until I see you got your head right”
Makes a difference
We’ve had cheer leaders.... motivation is a form of leadership.... surprisingly even players who aren’t very good can provide good motivational leadership

it means less when coming from someone who doesn’t work hard though.... back to leading by example

there is a difference between “ leader” and “mentor” as well

I had a mentor once... he taught me lots of things. Some were complex while others were as simple as how to shake a mans hand.... sit.... and unbutton my suit coat at the same time
I don’t think Larry is much of a mentor... based purely on articles and having spent zero time with the man..... and the fact that we haven’t seen his work habits rub off on any of our young wr over the years

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson