Fitzgerald expected to retire

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's ridiculous how long this is taking.

Larry is a diva WR. Nothing wrong with that. Most skill position players are these days. Let him have the spotlight. No big thing. I am guessing Keim has actually known for awhile by now.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
:yeahthat: This is taking too long. I love Larry but I feel that this wait is holding the franchise back a little. Just want this to be over with. IMHO.
I kind of agree that it's taking too long. I can't imagine why it is taking him so long to decide. But, I have the feeling that one of two things are or will happen - 1) he has already announced his intentions with the front office and they are straight out lying that he hasn't provided them with his intentions or 2) he is allowing the front office to fill needs before he agrees to a contract with what ever is left over.

He seems like the kind of guy that would be comfortable with just announcing his retirement without any fanfare and has been hired by the Cardinals front office (he owns a fraction of the Suns so why not the Cards too). He also seems pretty competitive and if he feels the Cards have a chance, I can see him returning even with a limited role.

I assume the decision will be made before the draft.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The decision was made a long time ago:

You must be registered for see images attach

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bong hit of white lightning :) in honor of fitz magical carrer

My top fitz play was the late td catch in well u know fing def that gm ugh fitz should have a sbowl

Gl in your future interests fitz!! U made some amazing heart droping catches

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One thing that will be missed about FITZ other then his blocking is his urgency to give the ref the ball so it could be where it needs to be when the clock is still ticking. Underrated aspect.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Don't get why people are worried about how long it's taking. It has zero effect on anyone but Larry. It's not like he hasn't been in contact with the Cards, and, maybe, he's still undecided. I'm guessing the Cards want him back at a minimum price and he's deciding whether or not he wants to do it.
I'm sure the passion is still there to play but does he think it's worth putting his body through the rigors of getting ready for another season at a minimum price.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing he goes this long to announce retirement. He strikes me as the type who would have just come out and said it already. I think he is contemplating the prospects of coming back here vs going to another team... or perhaps they’re working out a vet min deal w/an ownership interest in the organization, and such a deal has to be cleared and signed off through the NFL/NFLPA.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have a hard time believing he goes this long to announce retirement. He strikes me as the type who would have just come out and said it already. I think he is contemplating the prospects of coming back here vs going to another team... or perhaps they’re working out a vet min deal w/an ownership interest in the organization, and such a deal has to be cleared and signed off through the NFL/NFLPA.

This is expressly prohibited because it would allow teams to circumvent the cap. And the Bidwill's have never, to my knowledge, allowed outside of the family interests buy a share of the business.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This wins the " I pulled this out of my butt award' for the day

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think after all he has done for the franchise, if he wants to delay announcement of his retirement, I would work with him on that if I was the Cards.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can't see a team paying Fitzgerald the type of money it should take to get him to endure/risk another NFL season. At this point, chasing a ring should be the only thing that brings him back.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It effects nothing. He isn't on the roster. We have operated in free agency like he was not returning. So, why do you care when he announces it?

I'm tired of this every year. Last season should have been the farewell tour. Time to move on.

Reactions: PJ1

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
He’ll probably announce one way or the other in the next couple days now that something is being reported. Probably...

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm tired of this every year. Last season should have been the farewell tour. Time to move on.
Tired of what? The last three years he announced his return well before the start if the new league year, 2018- 2/14, 2019- 1/24, 2020- 1/15. For all we know he told the team his decision months ago and said he didn't want it announced until he was ready.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Absolutely no reason to announce his retirement at this point IMO. We all know he wants a ring more than anything. Play it cool, stay in reasonable shape, monitor the conditions.
If the Cardinals get off to a solid start and/or suffer a serious injury or injuries at wide receiver, or if he feels he can contribute, he rejoins the team at some point during the season.

It's more likely than not that the Cardinals will keep the door open for a potential return at some point for at least THIS season. There is no reason for them to shut the door with
the potential of injury to the WR corps. Personally, I think Larry's return at some point could give the team a significant boost. It wouldn't necessarily be the be-all, end-all, but it couldn't hurt.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tired of what? The last three years he announced his return well before the start if the new league year, 2018- 2/14, 2019- 1/24, 2020- 1/15. For all we know he told the team his decision months ago and said he didn't want it announced until he was ready.

Why isn't he ready? He is washed. He had all year to soak it in. Make the announcement, Larry.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to help. Make the announcement if you've made the decision.

whew. what a relief. You should become a life coach so you can tell more people what to do with their lives.

Beyond that, how do you know he has made a decision?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson