Wk 16- SF 49ers @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 2020

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dislike him as a coordinator and his scheme so much but you cant deny that our defense has improved.

yup. I was really surprised also when someone pointed out that we’re 13th in scoring defense.

I’m definitely not a fan and think he leaves a lot to be desired as far as adjustments, blitz packages and giving up what always seems like crucial third and even fourth downs, but the D has improved and credit where credit is due.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposedly Richard Sherman won't play will be interesting to watch. I always liked the guy he was quoted after Dallas as saying we'll keep fighting, so it would be funny if he now sits with sore calves but it's a problem he's had all the way back to college.

They were short handed in the secondary the last game too, looks like they will be Saturday

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Supposedly Richard Sherman won't play will be interesting to watch. I always liked the guy he was quoted after Dallas as saying we'll keep fighting, so it would be funny if he now sits with sore calves but it's a problem he's had all the way back to college.

They were short handed in the secondary the last game too, looks like they will be Saturday
Interesting. Jimmie Ward got concussed pretty bad in Dallas game as well. I will be shocked if he plays this week.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
yup. I was really surprised also when someone pointed out that we’re 13th in scoring defense.

I’m definitely not a fan and think he leaves a lot to be desired as far as adjustments, blitz packages and giving up what always seems like crucial third and even fourth downs, but the D has improved and credit where credit is due.

Vance's stuff seems like it either works, or it doesnt

little in between

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn't he have to clear covid protocol? If so I don't believe he would be eligible to play in four days.

Not anymore. League changed the rules so if you're part of another teams testing protocol you don't have to go through the Covid protocol.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Rosen will be the Backup on Sunday. I'm hoping for a minor Beathard injury personally.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So pretty similar size. Obviously Harrison was a much better player but it's interesting
similar sizes but totally different styles. Reddick is spring loaded/twitchy while Harrison is a brute that will beat you down.

I think Reddick is a slightly less talented Von Miller

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I worry about the Cards stopping C.J. Beathard. I think he beat us once before as a starter (not sure). This game will not be a push over for the Cards. 49ers will be up for it.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I worry about the Cards stopping C.J. Beathard. I think he beat us once before as a starter (not sure). This game will not be a push over for the Cards. 49ers will be up for it.

Cards are 3-0 vs CJ

agree with the last part none the less

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So pretty similar size. Obviously Harrison was a much better player but it's interesting

I think what made Harrison better is what he went through, just to stick on a roster...Undrafted...Cut several times...then finally makes a roster and works his way up. He didn't have it easy at all.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yeah I have zero problem with it. early in the year maybe you say with more practice he and Murray are on the same page more but I don't think that was really a factor. He's so good it just makes sense to let him pace himself during the week so he's good to go on when the games happen.

I'm 100% ok with that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison