Wk 16- SF 49ers @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 2020

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that is GM talk to a team that was still alive for the playoffs. Effectively "gut it up team, help is on the way"

you would think that being eliminated would change that thinking --

It has it's being said now neither will play against us and both are probably done for year, Jimmy g apparently definitely done

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What about that lb we drafted from USC(?) in the 6th or 7th round? Is he still on the PS? Any chance he might be given a look see?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best hope to re-sign him is he takes a 4 year, 40 mil deal. If he wants more than that, they will transition tag him.

he's going to want more than that. if he gets a couple more sacks, that's going to probably make him one of THE big targets in FA. A young pass rusher who's just gotten 13 sacks and like 5 FF will be the premium player for a lot of teams to target.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
he's going to want more than that. if he gets a couple more sacks, that's going to probably make him one of THE big targets in FA. A young pass rusher who's just gotten 13 sacks and like 5 FF will be the premium player for a lot of teams to target.
Ehhhh...I don't think there will be a huge market for 6'1 235 lb DE who struggles playing off the ball. That essentially rules out every 4-3 team. Only 15 teams have over 20 mil in cap space so that limits several as well. Some 3-4 teams only want larger OLBs. You also have 12 FAs who play EDGE and made over 10 mil his season. That does count Von Miller who may be cut by the Broncos but not any other EDGE cap casualties.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ehhhh...I don't think there will be a huge market for 6'1 235 lb DE who struggles playing off the ball. That essentially rules out every 4-3 team. Only 15 teams have over 20 mil in cap space so that limits several as well. Some 3-4 teams only want larger OLBs. You also have 12 FAs who play EDGE and made over 10 mil his season. That does count Von Miller who may be cut by the Broncos but not any other EDGE cap casualties.

there's always one team that's swayed by a BIG year for a young guy, who racks up a really nice sack stat line. For proof of that, just look at us with Phillips.

I hope you're right. i just wouldn't be surprised by one or two teams who bowl him over with a bigger deal.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No crap the bed gm here cards please... we all know how cards can do in this position

Keep feeding nuk the ball murray he iz tne best wr in nfl

And watch the fum

Also no bad def pi this gm

Looking forward to sat!!! Go Cards

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Playoff standings as of today

NFC

1. Packers (11-3) Clear path to home-field advantage.

2. Saints (10-4) Clinched a playoff berth.

3. Seahawks (10-4) First in the NFC West.

4. Washington (6-8) Still lead the NFC East.

5. Rams (9-5) Leads Tampa Bay in the wild card race based on head-to-head tiebreaker.

6. Buccaneers (9-5) Well positioned for a wild card.

7. Cardinals (8-6) One-game lead for the final wild card.

8. Bears (7-7) Still alive for the wild card.

9. Vikings (6-8) Loss to the Bears all but ends their playoff hopes.

10. Lions (5-9) Mathematically eliminated.

11. Cowboys (5-9) Still not out of it in the NFC East.

12. 49ers (5-9) Mathematically eliminated.

13. Giants (5-9) Still not out of it in the NFC East.

14. Eagles (4-9-1) Still not out of it in the NFC East.

15. Falcons (4-10) Mathematically eliminated.

16. Panthers (4-10) Mathematically eliminated.

Seattle has clinched the playoff birth.

I want to see a good game, Good O, good D and good ST, cut the penalites and close the game.

And since everything can happen. We might see than, if we have clinched it or have to fight for the win against the Rams to finish in a playoff spot. But overall 9-7 was what many thought we could achieve, there was more to have (Panther, Lions, NE) but we have a young team and a very young QB and a Newbie HC overall some growing pains were to happen.

But now finish out strong and the playoffs, are a totally different animal. I remember being one of the best teams in regular season and being awfull in the playoffs...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
there's always one team that's swayed by a BIG year for a young guy, who racks up a really nice sack stat line. For proof of that, just look at us with Phillips.

I hope you're right. i just wouldn't be surprised by one or two teams who bowl him over with a bigger deal.
and to be fair to you, I am not saying that Reddick will not want a substantial contract, but I feel like it will be more in line with 10 mil per year vs 15 mil per year.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Matt Barrows
@mattbarrows

Kyle Shanahan says that with Nick Mullens sustaining elbow injury and Josh Johnson going on the COVID list, the starting QB will be C.J. Beathard. He said the team will try to sign a backup QB off of another team's practice squad.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 33m
#49ers RB Raheem Mostert’s season is likely over after suffering another high-ankle sprain on his previously injured ankle, source said.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt Barrows
@mattbarrows

Kyle Shanahan says that with Nick Mullens sustaining elbow injury and Josh Johnson going on the COVID list, the starting QB will be C.J. Beathard. He said the team will try to sign a backup QB off of another team's practice squad.

the thought of CJ beathard throwing darts all over our secondary

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m predicting the Niners take an early 7-0 score, driving the entire board into mass hysteria before the team wakes up and dominates en route to a 34-17 W.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Beathard is the main reason Wilkes & co managed to win 3 games at all in 2018