Saturday December 26, 2020
Kickoff - 02:30 PM

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Playoff standings as of today

NFC

1. Packers (11-3) Clear path to home-field advantage.

2. Saints (10-4) Clinched a playoff berth.

3. Seahawks (10-4) First in the NFC West.

4. Washington (6-8) Still lead the NFC East.

5. Rams (9-5) Leads Tampa Bay in the wild card race based on head-to-head tiebreaker.

6. Buccaneers (9-5) Well positioned for a wild card.

7. Cardinals (8-6) One-game lead for the final wild card.

8. Bears (7-7) Still alive for the wild card.

9. Vikings (6-8) Loss to the Bears all but ends their playoff hopes.

10. Lions (5-9) Mathematically eliminated.

11. Cowboys (5-9) Still not out of it in the NFC East.

12. 49ers (5-9) Mathematically eliminated.

13. Giants (5-9) Still not out of it in the NFC East.

14. Eagles (4-9-1) Still not out of it in the NFC East.

15. Falcons (4-10) Mathematically eliminated.

16. Panthers (4-10) Mathematically eliminated.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AFC

1. Chiefs (13-1) Clear path to home-field advantage.

2. Steelers (11-2) Clinched playoff berth.

3. Bills (11-3) Clinched the AFC East.

4. Titans (10-4) Owns the division record tiebreaker over Indianapolis.

5. Colts (10-4) Still a chance in AFC South.

6. Browns (10-4) Closing in on a return to the playoffs.

7. Dolphins (9-5) Own the last wild card thanks to conference record tiebreaker over Ravens.

8. Ravens (9-5) Game clear of rest of but loses tiebreaker on conference games to Miami.

9. Raiders (7-7) Two games out in the wild card race with two games to go.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So awesome. Rams vs Seahawks as well this week. In division games settling the wild card and division title is pretty great. Super tough sledding but will be fun to watch. Interesting to see what the 49ers choose to do as they have some important guys injured who could return but they look to be out of it now.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
49ers got issues @ QB going into this game. Talk about locker room not been happy with Mullens the turnover machine.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wonder what Chandler’s trade value is right now. If we could get a 2nd it’s an easy ship.

Then we can reload at positions of weakness, like WR and ILB, iOL and CB.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Use the money saved by shipping him out to pay Pete and Hassan.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I think he now has more total tds than 2015 Palmer. He can also finish with more total yards & better completion %. Can finish with same amount of INT @ 11 though Palmer had 35 passing td. I bring this up cause I know most think of that season as gold standard for qb play in franchise over last decade.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jordan Phillips has been a disaster, and the contract isn’t moveable given the way it was structured. Good thing Fotu and Allen (knock on wood) have stepped up and look like decent players.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So awesome. Rams vs Seahawks as well this week. In division games settling the wild card and division title is pretty great. Super tough sledding but will be fun to watch. Interesting to see what the 49ers choose to do as they have some important guys injured who could return but they look to be out of it now.

Both Kittle and Jimmy G were reported on track to possibly play this week. It will be interesting do they do that to try and knock us out, or do they just rest them for next year and to help the draft pick?

They're going to play us tough they always do too well coached not to but would be a huge win for us and frankly I would not be surprised if they just sit Kittle and Jimmy

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Both Kittle and Jimmy G were reported on track to possibly play this week. It will be interesting do they do that to try and knock us out, or do they just rest them for next year and to help the draft pick?

They're going to play us tough they always do too well coached not to but would be a huge win for us and frankly I would not be surprised if they just sit Kittle and Jimmy
Jimmy G is done for season. Still reportedly chance for Kittle but don't think that happens now.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Also need to move on from Hicks (cut probably).

Only rotation guys we are definitely bringing back are

Allen/Fotu/Phillips/Lawrence
Simmons/Kennard/Gardeck
Budda/Murph/Thompson Twins

Lots of interesting possibilities with Chandler, Reddick, Pat Pete, Hicks. Peters might come back if he decides to play. Campbell probably gone.

We need to tag Patrick, trade Chandler, sign Reddick, cut Hicks, and use two of our first three picks on defense (including the top50 pick that Chandler nets us). Really could pick anywhere, but highest need is Hicks’ replacement (I like Zaven), and then probably Chandler’s replacement (lots of guys to like here, including Azeez). I don’t think we NEED a CB quite yet, with Murphy’s improvement and our option to tag Pat. I also don’t think defensive line is a major issue, but Phillips needs to play a lot better next year; our injury luck was bad this year all across the line.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jimmy G is done for season. Still reportedly chance for Kittle but don't think that happens now.

Yeah I've seen that report but literally a few days earlier they were reporting both of them might play against us. So I assume that's an update and they decided not to with Jimmy. High ankle sprains are not something to mess with.

This is John Lynch the GM on 12-18 to show how recently they were saying they might play. So I assume it's because they lost yesterday but I know some of the reports pre dated that game where they said he probably is out for the year.

9ers general manager John Lynch provided an update on Jimmy Garoppolo as the quarterback looks to return from his second high-ankle sprain of the year before the season ends. 4

"He has made tremendous progress," Lynch said Thursday on KNBR's "Tolbert, Krueger and Brooks" show (H/T 49ers Web Zone). "He is making great progress, and he continues to. It's just there will be a decision there, and I think, yes, this weekend will factor into that decision, and at least have some part of it."

San Francisco has plenty of reason to proceed with caution regarding Garoppolo and tight end George Kittle, who have both missed considerable time this season. However Lynch is optimistic that both can return by the end of the season.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen that report but literally a few days earlier they were reporting both of them might play against us. So I assume that's an update and they decided not to with Jimmy. High ankle sprains are not something to mess with.

This is John Lynch the GM on 12-18 to show how recently they were saying they might play. So I assume it's because they lost yesterday but I know some of the reports pre dated that game where they said he probably is out for the year.

I think that is GM talk to a team that was still alive for the playoffs. Effectively "gut it up team, help is on the way"

you would think that being eliminated would change that thinking --

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I wonder what Chandler’s trade value is right now. If we could get a 2nd it’s an easy ship.

Then we can reload at positions of weakness, like WR and ILB, iOL and CB.
The only way we trade him is if he isn't willing to figure out his 20 mil cap hit next year. You want Jones on this roster for two more years. The nice part is it is easier to transition him than it is for Peterson. Jones can still be a handful even if it is on less snaps.

Easy to just extend Jones by two years, pay him a 15 mil bonus and drop his cap hit to 10 next year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson