Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I’ve seen from two different places that the Suns are balking at including Cam and that seems to be the current standoff.

I'm not that sold on Cam Johnson, who is eight months older than Booker(!) and can't be too far from his ceiling. But giving up young assets for Paul, even mediocre ones, just makes no sense. If the Suns have decided that they don't want Oubre as part of their future, then okay, they can sacrifice him. But it seems that they're high on Johnson, so they need to hold firm.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Who would we take in place of Cam? Not too familiar with OKC roster.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I’ve seen from two different places that the Suns are balking at including Cam and that seems to be the current standoff.

Believe it or not, I don't want to see Cam go in the trade, because it seems that Monty has carved out a nice role for Cam as a stretch 4 off the bench.

That being said, what would the board think about the Suns including Cam and the Thunder sending back picks 25 and 28, or one of those picks plus a future protected (i.e., late) first?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not that sold on Cam Johnson, who is eight months older than Booker(!) and can't be too far from his ceiling. But giving up young assets for Paul, even mediocre ones, just makes no sense. If the Suns have decided that they don't want Oubre as part of their future, then okay, they can sacrifice him. But it seems that they're high on Johnson, so they need to hold firm.

agreed. No way Cam or the 10th pick should be involved in that trade if it happens.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Cam seems like a nice role player as a back-up stretch 4. We still need a starting 4, a PGOF, a back-up for Booker and a back up for Ayton. We can't afford to create more holes to fill.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I don't want to see Cam go in the trade, because it seems that Monty has carved out a nice role for Cam as a stretch 4 off the bench.

That being said, what would the board think about the Suns including Cam and the Thunder sending back picks 25 and 28, or one of those picks plus a future protected (i.e., late) first?

pass. I don’t trust Jones to find someone as good as Cam at either of those spots.

this trade is a risk as is. The idea that we’d be sweetening it makes It a pass for me.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns need to act like they have leverage with Paul's contract. If falls apart, so be it.

OP
OP
JerkFace

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Suns need to act like they have leverage with Paul's contract. If falls apart, so be it.
I’m guessing it is just postering right now by the Thunder. With trades not able to be official until tomorrow they lose nothing by asking for “extra” today. I’m guessing that tomorrow, when trades are allowed, it is either consummated or completely falls apart. Either way I have a feeling we will have an answer tomorrow.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing it is just postering right now by the Thunder. With trades not able to be official until tomorrow they lose nothing by asking for “extra” today. I’m guessing that tomorrow, when trades are allowed, it is either consummated or completely falls apart. Either way I have a feeling we will have an answer tomorrow.

I'd like for the trade to fall apart. Maybe ask the Thunder to sweeten the deal with a pick. Two can play the game.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm. I agree. No 10 pick and no Cam. I do not believe Cam is near his peak BTW. No matter the age, there is an adjustment to the league. I am a bit skeptical about how good of a trade if it goes through, and of course fine if it doesnt.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd send them Cam and the 10 if they promise to keep that dinosaur.

Lol. I wouldn't go quite that far but IMO Chris Paul, even if you expect him to duplicate his bounce back season of 2019, is still negative value compared to his contract. So anything we send above the trade requirement is ridiculous. Demanding more than that minimum would cause me to hang up the phone and block any future calls from that office.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Screw Presti. He should be begging us to take this contract off his books.

I would hang up on him and make him send us a 2nd rounder for being this bold.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way am I trading away any young assets for a 35 year old PG.

You can have Rubio and Oubre that’s it.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You cant get mad at them for trying to take advantage of the Suns.

We have a rich tradition of taking it in the backside. Especially over the last decade or so.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
It Seems to me that Rubio has won the same number of championships as CP3 (Zero)

I really do not know why this is a hot topic on Phoenic Suns Boards

A couple of nice free agents and a good draft pick would be delightful.

I like this team without CP3.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

If cam is the sticking point then PASS. OKC can be stuck with Paul.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know what the initial offer was where the negotiations started from, but if it was Rubio, Oubre for Paul then it is laughable if OKC wants more and it should immediately end the conversation.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If this trade goes through, I will be shocked if CP3 remains healthy for 60% of his games.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's awfully quiet on all trade fronts right now. I'm thinking the announcements will start soon.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's awfully quiet on all trade fronts right now. I'm thinking the announcements will start soon.

I'm actually thinking it was all a ruse, like the LeBron thing a number of years back or the Aldrodge thing not long thereafter. I just hope management has some plan to improve the team. James Jones has been notoriously passive and reactive, as opposed to proactive, as a GM.

My fear continues to be that he drafts Bane or Terry at 10, re-signs Saric, signs a couple of G League types, and calls it a day.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson