Suns trade ideas for the fall of 2020

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I think it is either/or, not both.
That 10th pick pick in a really weak draft almost equates to almost nothing. Got to be more than just a pick. Gordon is better than any player picked 10th pick in this draft.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That 10th pick pick in a really weak draft almost equates to almost nothing.

No, it obviously does not.

Gordon is better than any player picked 10th pick in this draft.

If your point is correct, then you could have seen dozen of transactions when borderline NBA players got traded for lottery picks.

Since you have not, it is not.

Last edited:

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
No, it obviously does not.

If your point is correct, then you could have seen dozen of transactions when borderline NBA players got traded for lottery picks.

Since you have not, it is not.
Ok.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is either/or, not both.

This may be why the trade never happened because my guess is the Magic wanted Oubre and #10.

Aaron Gordon is not at the top of my list.

Personally I think the Suns would be better off looking towards free agent Jerami Grant who is the better shooter and defender if the Suns are dead set on trading Oubre.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I also prefer Grant and Christian Wood as well over Gordon. If the Suns will trade for Paul, then Wood is probably out of our financial range.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also prefer Grant and Christian Wood as well over Gordon. If the Suns will trade for Paul, then Wood is probably out of our financial range.

I can't see the Pistons letting Wood go with all the money they have to spend unless they spend it all
elsewhere.

I can't help but feel there are better trades out there for less money than the Chris Paul rumor.

The Thunder would probably flip Oubre and Rubio for more assets.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s easily a playoff team and Paul would make Ayton a monster. But damn he’s old and expensive

It would be risky business for that amount of money.

The other way to look at it is Paul is a star and the Suns have decided to swing for the fences. It's not a trade that previously crossed my mind.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well I listened to Kellen Olson's podcast and he mentioned something that makes me think this is definitely a done deal.

Monty coached Paul, James Jones worked with him in the union, and Jeff Bower drafted him. Meaning they all probably love the dude and are willing to overpay.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't see the Pistons letting Wood go with all the money they have to spend unless they spend it all
elsewhere.

I can't help but feel there are better trades out there for less money than the Chris Paul rumor.

The Thunder would probably flip Oubre and Rubio for more assets.

Yes, I would not be surprised if it turned into a 3 or 4 way deal.

There are already rumors they would flip Rubio to ATL and Oubre to GS or Orlando

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I would not be surprised if it turned into a 3 or 4 way deal.

There are already rumors they would flip Rubio to ATL and Oubre to GS or Orlando

There must be better trades out there for the Suns that do not involve an aging Chris Paul.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Well I listened to Kellen Olson's podcast and he mentioned something that makes me think this is definitely a done deal.

Monty coached Paul, James Jones worked with him in the union, and Jeff Bower drafted him. Meaning they all probably love the dude and are willing to overpay.
When Woj and Windhorst go public with that info, it’s all but done. It’s take a last-minute flub for it to fall through

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Woj and Windhorst go public with that info, it’s all but done. It’s take a last-minute flub for it to fall through

If it goes down that way I hope the Suns also get a draft pick in return. That a major reach taking on Chris Paul's contract.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That 10th pick pick in a really weak draft almost equates to almost nothing. Got to be more than just a pick. Gordon is better than any player picked 10th pick in this draft.

From what I've read, most of the experts on this draft class believe this is a fairly deep draft, lacking only in the big names at the top. IOW, it may be the wrong year to get the first pick but the tenth pick should have the same kind of value it typically would have.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok, I just read that it is now a 4 way deal with the clippers and Mavericks included.

They are saying it now will also involve Landry Shamat, Dorian Finney Smith, and the 10th and 18th picks.

I guess it sounds like Rubio to the Clippers and Oubre to the Mavs.

Not sure what we get besides Paul.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just read that it is now a 4 way deal with the clippers and Mavericks included.

They are saying it now will also involve Landry Shamat, Dorian Finney Smith, and the 10th and 18th picks.

Count on the Mavericks getting the best piece.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was curious about where you were getting this stuff so I spent 2 minutes on RGM and found unfounded rumors and speculation that appear to be the sources for your comments. Am I correct or do you actually have a real source or at least something that didn't come from an internet sports fan? I don't know what our forum's rules are on this but IMO if you're getting it from RGM, you really should give them credit.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am pretty sure they offered us Gordon for Oubre at last years deadline and we declined. Throwing in the #10 pick is way too much.

If they offered us Gordon for Oubre straight up, and we declined, James Jones has some major explaining to do...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

If there is any truth to this, the Suns better not do it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Man four team trades never happen. But I like shamet

swagron

All Star
Reaction score

Where did you see that? Thanks

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Not true. They whiffed big time last year with the Lakers and pels trade. Wrong on all counts.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Not true. They whiffed big time last year with the Lakers and pels trade. Wrong on all counts.
Like I said, barring a last-minute flub. This doesn’t get made public unless it’s close to happening.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Like I said, barring a last-minute flub. This doesn’t get made public unless it’s close to happening.

There was no last minute flub but we’ll see. Shams is a much better resource than those 2 clowns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm listening Brian Windhorst on Arizona Sports. Chris Paul would have to want the trade and ask for it. Suns have been given permission to talk to Paul. He is all about winning and no nonsense. There is a history of injury and the Suns would be betting on an older player.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson