Suns trade ideas for the fall of 2020

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m going to believe this when I see it simply because most trades just HAPPEN. The rumored ones seem not to more often than not, except for the Lakers AD trade, but that one was pretty obvious.

kawai to Raptors? Boom. Just happened.

Paul George to Clippers? Boom. Just happened a punch in the face.

chris paul/Westbrook trade? Bam. Dropped outta nowhere.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was curious about where you were getting this stuff so I spent 2 minutes on RGM and found unfounded rumors and speculation that appear to be the sources for your comments. Am I correct or do you actually have a real source or at least something that didn't come from an internet sports fan? I don't know what our forum's rules are on this but IMO if you're getting it from RGM, you really should give them credit.

It came from this guy on twitter @JCMacriNBA

He runs a Knicks blog

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It came from this guy on twitter @JCMacriNBA

He runs a Knicks blog

Thanks. Regardless, if I'm not mistaken, it's still just an internet fan. And the second trade you mentioned I read that on RGM by a fan that was roster-bating, not as an actual release of information so I expect we'll find that random RGM fans are one of the sources for this guy's tweets.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks. Regardless, if I'm not mistaken, it's still just an internet fan. And the second trade you mentioned I read that on RGM by a fan that was roster-bating, not as an actual release of information so I expect we'll find that random RGM fans are one of the sources for this guy's tweets.

I think this guy is more than just a random fan, he supposedly has NBA connections.

I can see you are the kind of guy that doesn't want to hear anything that isn't confirmed, but I would rather hear the rumors and consider them because sometimes they turn out to be real.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this guy is more than just a random fan, he supposedly has NBA connections.

I can see you are the kind of guy that doesn't want to hear anything that isn't confirmed, but I would rather hear the rumors and consider them because sometimes they turn out to be real.

Not at all. I love the rumors too but I like to have an idea of where they are sourced from. And if you believe he has legitimate NBA sources, that's worth knowing.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
All of the internet dude reports are to be taken with a grain of salt.

woj/real reporters reports are most assuredly real deal stuff, and if they’re reporting Paul has been given permission to speak to Phoenix it sounds like a done deal just have to work out details

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns get: James Harden

Rockets get: Rubio, Oubre, 4 unprotected #1’s

now crap all over it

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's risky but it's the kind of risk we should be considering, if the opportunity presents itself. With one caveat, ownership has to be willing to spend on free agents as we would not be adding much talent to the roster from the draft for the next 7 years.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

now crap all over it
I don't think the NBA would approve this just because of the number of number one picks. You would have to go every other year with them, and it would streatch out 8 years. Plus the NBA doesn't want fans to feel their team will never improve, because there have been owners that have traded away all their picks before. It is not good for fan interest.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the NBA would approve this just because of the number of number one picks. You would have to go every other year with them, and it would streatch out 8 years. Plus the NBA doesn't want fans to feel their team will never improve, because there have been owners that have traded away all their picks before. It is not good for fan interest.

I don't believe it would be a problem. As I recall, you can't trade picks more than 7 years out but that's all it takes to surrender 4 picks (years 1,3,5 and 7). And I believe you can trade more than 4 in a deal as long as you aren't going to lose all your first round picks in any 2 consecutive years (but you can trade it away at the draft even if you had none the year before).

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

now crap all over it

Ok - I would not give up 4 #1's for any single player - ever. He is not a spring chicken either.

I cannot see how Harden and Booker together makes sense at all. Not to mention Harden is the antithesis of a player made for Monty's offense.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

that’s for the NBA office to decide.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

now crap all over it
No need it crapped all over itself.

Harden and Booker scares the crap outta me. Harden doesnt seem like he plays well with others. He needs to be the 1st option as does Booker.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok - I would not give up 4 #1's for any single player - ever. He is not a spring chicken either.

I cannot see how Harden and Booker together makes sense at all. Not to mention Harden is the antithesis of a player made for Monty's offense.

If you have a front office willing to spend big and capable of attracting free agents, it's a viable path to success IMO. We aren't that franchise but like I said in another post, if we were, it's the kind of deal I'd be interested in.

Can Booker and Harden thrive in the same backcourt? I think it's possible as long as you surround them with low-ego scoring threats (defensive minded would be a huge plus). The two of them can take their 40 shots per game which allows roughly 50 for the rest of the squad. Between them, they averaged 14 assists per game last season so we know they can pass and Harden is an excellent ball-handler.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA trade season begins Monday afternoon.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media