Final 53 Prediction

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
QB (2): Kyler Murray, Brett Hundley
RB (4): Kenyan Drake, Chase Edmonds, Eno Benjamin, DJ Foster
WR (7): DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk, Andy Isabella, Hakeem Butler, KeeSean Johnson
TE (3): Maxx Williams, Dan Arnold, Darrell Daniels
OL (10): DJ Humphries, Justin Pugh, Mason Cole, Marcus Gilbert, Justin Murray, Josh Jones, Max Garcia, Lamont Gaillard, Joshua Miles
DL (8): Jordan Phillips, Corey Peters, Zach Allen, Leki Fotu, Rashard Lawrence, Michael Dogbe, Jonathan Bullard
OLB (4): Chandler Jones, Devon Kennard Haason Reddick, Kylie Fitts
ILB (5): Jordan Hicks, Isaiah Simmons, De’Vondre Campbell, Evan Weaver, Dennis Gardeck
CB (5): Patrick Peterson, Robert Alford, Byron Murphy, Kevin Peterson, Chris Jones
S (4): Budda Baker, Jalen Thompson, Deionte Thompson, Chris Banjo
ST (3): Zane Gonzales, Andy Lee, Aaron Brewer

thoughts? Thought about keeping a 3rd QB in place of a DL

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's still 53.

55 will be two players from the practice squad made active on game days, there is no actual active roster increase - and that does not go into effect this season.

There will be another TE we sign and either Hakeem Butler or Sherfield will not make the team. DJ foster will not make the team, if we keep a 4th running back it will be the rookie free agent we picked up - he had very good production. Good chance we only keep 3 RB on the active roster.

You have too many DL listed, one of coley, Dogbe or Bullard will not make the team

I don't think Fitts or Gardeck make the team

If strevler looks good in preseason, we might keep him on as a gadget no 3 QB. I also like the chances of that WR from Hawaii making the team.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dj foster and Fitts can be replaced after first cuts

A pass rusher and a tigh end can be added later

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
No way IMHO that RB Foster & TE Daniels are making the squad. They’ll sign Clay or pickup someone else’s TE trash. I think Sherfield makes it as a Special teams demon & 7th WR

I also expect Gardeck to give Fitts a run for his money at OLB. Dennis was a phenomenal pass rusher in college and hasn’t been given the chance on Sunday’s, plus he’s a ST ace. As always they could pickup another team’s post June 1st cut.

We might see another surprise or two at OL or DB, but I think you’ve mostly got it.

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think DJ Foster will make the team.
You put (7) for WR but only 6 listed.
Sherfield will make 7 but be more for ST.
Jo Jo Ward UDRFA from Hawaii has a good chance to make the team as a WR.
I don't think Daniels will make it as the 3rd TE.
Not so sure about Pitts?
I Think Walker UDFA from Kansas ST has a good chance to make the LB unit.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
I don't think DJ Foster will make the team.
You put (7) for WR but only 6 listed.
Sherfield will make 7 but be more for ST.
Jo Jo Ward UDRFA from Hawaii has a good chance to make the team as a WR.
I don't think Daniels will make it as the 3rd TE.
Not so sure about Pitts?
I Think Walker UDFA from Kansas ST has a good chance to make the LB unit.

I forgot about Jo Jo. He likely makes it as the Damiere Byrd clone and Zane Lewis at corner over Kevin Peterson.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's still 53.

55 will be two players from the practice squad made active on game days, there is no actual active roster increase - and that does not go into effect this season.

There will be another TE we sign and either Hakeem Butler or Sherfield will not make the team. DJ foster will not make the team, if we keep a 4th running back it will be the rookie free agent we picked up - he had very good production. Good chance we only keep 3 RB on the active roster.

You have too many DL listed, one of coley, Dogbe or Bullard will not make the team

I don't think Fitts or Gardeck make the team

If strevler looks good in preseason, we might keep him on as a gadget no 3 QB. I also like the chances of that WR from Hawaii making the team.

Fascinating info on the active roster #'s. The old CBA had 53 players on the roster with only 48 (IIRC) active on game day. When does the practice squad increase in #'s?

Who is coley?

Our 3rd string QB and TE will be on the PS IMO.

Gardeck does have to show more than ST's to make the team. Hope he can show he can play all the LB positions, that IMO will mean he makes the team.

I'm excited to see what Jo Jo Ward can do. I don't think Keeshan makes the active roster but do expect him to be on the PS.

What about the CB udfa from Airforce, he at least makes it to the PS.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am wondering about roster changes this year due to covid, because if a player tests positive, he is likely out two weeks, and if it spread to a couple guys, your roster could delete more than normal.

You figure this year will have more contingency options than normal.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
You Forgot JR sweezy. He Will be on and the team Will most likely carry 11 OL Since the roster expands next season.

9 players the secondary (plus Simmons). I Think there Will be 10.

Max 7 DL Will be on the roster. Dogby started on the PS last season. I Think he Will be places there again.

Fitts and Gardeck Will not make the team.

OLB depth is the weakest link on this team IMO.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No way IMHO that RB Foster & TE Daniels are making the squad. They’ll sign Clay or pickup someone else’s TE trash. I think Sherfield makes it as a Special teams demon & 7th WR

I also expect Gardeck to give Fitts a run for his money at OLB. Dennis was a phenomenal pass rusher in college and hasn’t been given the chance on Sunday’s, plus he’s a ST ace. As always they could pickup another team’s post June 1st cut.

We might see another surprise or two at OL or DB, but I think you’ve mostly got it.

June 1st cuts are a thing of the past.

Teams cut early now to give guys a chance to find a job.

Some of these for cap purposes could be designated as June 1 - cuts.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
QB (2): Kyler Murray, Brett Hundley
RB (4): Kenyan Drake, Chase Edmonds, Eno Benjamin, Foster
WR (6): DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk, Andy Isabella, Hakeem Butler, Sherfield
TE (3): Maxx Williams, Dan Arnold, TBD
OL (10): DJ Humphries, Justin Pugh, Mason Cole, Sweezy, Marcus Gilbert, Justin Murray, Josh Jones, Max Garcia, Lamont Gaillard, Joshua Miles
DL (7): Jordan Phillips, Corey Peters, Zach Allen, Leki Fotu, Rashard Lawrence, Jonathan Bullard, Coley
OLB (4): Chandler Jones, Devon Kennard, Haason Reddick, TBD
ILB (5): Jordan Hicks, Isaiah Simmons, De’Vondre Campbell, Evan Weaver, Dennis Gardeck
CB (5): Patrick Peterson, Robert Alford, Byron Murphy, Kevin Peterson, Chris Jones
S (4): Budda Baker, Jalen Thompson, Deionte Thompson, Chris Banjo
ST (3): Zane Gonzales, Andy Lee, Aaron Brewer

P.S. Johnson, Dogbe, Fitts

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still have some hope about Butler
the guy has amazing lenght and he is fast, is a type of receiver who can stretch the field and be a red zone weapon
But he can’t do receiver things like catch & run routes.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t even see Butler on the team let alone PS.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A realistic guess as to which positions are open for a surprise to make the Final 53.
1. Fourth RB.
2. TE. Only Williams is set, though Arnold at 220 lbs. should make the team.
3. Edge. Jones and Kennard and a few question marks.
4. Safety. Probably go with what we know, BB and JT, and ST players. A good spot for someone to step up.
5. CB. Have three guys I feel good about, and hope that an UDFA steps up.

The rest of the roster, imo, are playing for the PS.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You think they’re cutting Kesean?

They sat him in the last few games.

I see him or Butler as PS.

Sherfield's value is on ST.

I think cutting KJ is a possibility. His salary and special teams work may make him safe for one more season though.

I think we may stick with 3 RB's.

I don't think we will keep 10 O-Lineman and that Josh Miles or Max Garcia are longshots to stick on the roster. 8 or 9 max.

And I also switch out Coley for Dogbe as the last DL kept.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think cutting KJ is a possibility. His salary and special teams work may make him safe for one more season though.

I think we may stick with 3 RB's.

I don't think we will keep 10 O-Lineman and that Josh Miles or Max Garcia are longshots to stick on the roster. 8 or 9 max.

And I also switch out Coley for Dogbe as the last DL kept.

I don't recall KJ on special teams and that's why I favour Sherfield.

We could go with 3 RB's, but I doubt it.

We have to dress 8 0-lineman on game day, you can be fairly certain there'll be a few in reserve. Max Garcia is the ideal guard back up and in a pinch can step in at centre. Miles is Kugler's special project from what I gather.

Dogbe and Coley are probably in a fight and it's a toss-up.