Are You Willing To Endure An "Off" Year?

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
This will be my 46th season as a Cardinal fan. I pretty sure I can still count the "on" years on my fingers alone. If Rosen is the real deal, maybe I'll have to start counting with toes too before I die....maybe!

So if this is going to be on "off" year, what choice do I really have but to accept it, endure it, whatever it?

:shrug:

:newcards:

Reaction score
This will be my 46th season as a Cardinal fan. I pretty sure I can still count the "on" years on my fingers alone. If Rosen is the real deal, maybe I'll have to start counting with toes too before I die....maybe!

So if this is going to be on "off" year, what choice do I really have but to accept it, endure it, whatever it?

:shrug:

:newcards:

Either way we'll all watch it! :cheers:

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. I'm not willing to endure an "off year."

I turn 80 next July. How many more years do I still have left in me? (Hopefully lots, but one never knows. All I want is a freakin'Super Bowl win - is that too much to ask)?
80? You still have pabulum on your breath.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We are in no more of an off year than the seahawks.

Even if we are the front office wouldn’t admit to it for ticket and jersey sales.

I highly doubt we will be a 4-12 team.
I’m hoping for at least a 7-9, possibility 8-8. I also highly doubt we are a playoff contender. Too many weaknesses, our schedule is a tough one. @vikes, chiefs, @packers, lions @falcons, rams x2, the chargers are up and coming. Easiest games I see will be the Broncos, bears, redskins, raiders.

Experts have us between 4-12 and 5-11.
So might as well look forward to the 2019 draft.

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Man cardinals are my team - cards fans have been tempered in the forge of adversity - The NFL’ finest metal- I’ve seen other other teams fans especially in our current division that melt like snowflakes with just a smidgit of the challenges cards fans have endured regularly and consistently over this century. We can eat pain like candy - and wash it down with a chaser - cover our eyes - pinch our noses - swear cards off for ever - then we peek through our fingers - let go of our nostrils and breath in the autumn air and say -

ide rather be a get down and Waller in the mud naked Arizona’s Cardinal football club fan-

than a LA sheep fan that has Hollywood stars and all their glamour after a win, but they slink off into sunset during not so great seasons - I worked in Sacramento when these whiners blew up - I would sit quietly in their community and hear the BS - they threw at harbaugh - Alex smith - kapernick - kicking your team in the nuts - asking to destroy it after the success they had - well I just didn’t respect it - they turned on them like vicious animals - they got what they deserved as fans. I can’t say this about the c- chickens - their fans are strong - but I don’t like them just cause - Sherman and his mouth deserves the 49er.

I am way more hopeful than the average cardinal season - with our premium core players on both sides of the ball - a coach that will run the damn ball and protect our defense and Oline from the tragedy of allergic to the run addicted to the pass Whiz and BA. We could have been much better with just a little more balance - 10 run plays in our super bowl - after edge lead us through the playoffs- after we fell apart passing too much before the playoffs - CJ lead the NFL in rushing on BAs success - then he fell in love passing to DJ - instead of earning play action the old fashion way.

It’s a new year - our defense is respected and our coach understands how to share the burdens on both sides of the ball for the marathon 2018 NFL season- if we can win our tough division - than we can win it all - I think we can and will

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I'm glad that this organization has learned that there's no such thing as "off" year in the NFL. If you start even thinking about such crap you build a losing culture and have a collection of high draft picks with no one to lead and no one to infuse winning mentality.

Last season was really disappointing. The season started with losing our star RB, multiple OL went down and then our starting QB to boot. While our roster was in shambles and we didn't play well in general, we showed fight and desire. 8-8 isn't your typical "off" year. This organization has the right mentality.

As for this season, going through coaching change and quite a substantial roster overhaul is always a big challenge. But Wilks seems like he has a precise vision of how he wants us to play, and the players seem to follow him. Too early to tell how it's gonna shake out. But neither SW, SK nor MB will tolerate an "off" year.

Fortunes of NFL teams can be changed in a very short frame. Just look at what the Bears did. They were utter garbage under Fox. Now with a rookie HC in charge, they finally have some really good offensive weapons and a fearsome defense even before selling the farm for Mack. If Trubisky can develop into an average game manager, they will be a force for years to come. The Jaguars were the biggest laughing stock in the league. Once Coughlin came in to steady the ship, they became a serious contender. My point is that most NFL teams have some talent to build on, but the bad ones lack leadership and vision. Once you have that, you will be successful. Wilks strikes me as someone who has it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm glad that this organization has learned that there's no such thing as "off" year in the NFL. If you start even thinking about such crap you build a losing culture and have a collection of high draft picks with no one to lead and no one to infuse winning mentality.

Last season was really disappointing. The season started with losing our star RB, multiple OL went down and then our starting QB to boot. While our roster was in shambles and we didn't play well in general, we showed fight and desire. 8-8 isn't your typical "off" year. This organization has the right mentality.

As for this season, going through coaching change and quite a substantial roster overhaul is always a big challenge. But Wilks seems like he has a precise vision of how he wants us to play, and the players seem to follow him. Too early to tell how it's gonna shake out. But neither SW, SK nor MB will tolerate an "off" year.

Fortunes of NFL teams can be changed in a very short frame. Just look at what the Bears did. They were utter garbage under Fox. Now with a rookie HC in charge, they finally have some really good offensive weapons and a fearsome defense even before selling the farm for Mack. If Trubisky can develop into an average game manager, they will be a force for years to come. The Jaguars were the biggest laughing stock in the league. Once Coughlin came in to steady the ship, they became a serious contender. My point is that most NFL teams have some talent to build on, but the bad ones lack leadership and vision. Once you have that, you will be successful. Wilks strikes me as someone who has it.

Can you predict the future? Last I checked, the Bears were 5-11 the last time the games counted. And the Jags had one good year, but we beat them last season, they played in a pretty garbage division/conference, and the year before they won three games.

It's too early to tell whether those teams are for real or experiencing a sugar rush.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Can you predict the future? Last I checked, the Bears were 5-11 the last time the games counted. And the Jags had one good year, but we beat them last season, they played in a pretty garbage division/conference, and the year before they won three games.

It's too early to tell whether those teams are for real or experiencing a sugar rush.

It’s great no one can see the future - every talking head is full of crap- every fan is full of hope as autumn is closing in. I like our chances - for reasons I’ve detailed before - if Sammy has his hidden dander up on his ex team the rams - and can will a win in LA - we can compete for the nfcw and maybe a lil Sammy dander up for ex teams vikings and eagles in the playoffs - mans got the skillls and a balanced offense play caller and bad az RB core and defense-

I mean top 10 offense - balanced run and pass- and top 5 defense- hell yea cards have a chance - with more run downs helping the defense, st and Fitz and Sammy performing surgery in the clutch - just saying a lot less risket for our biscuits is how teams become regular playoff teams - this is what I’ve been asking for for years

- think saints SB team that ran more than they passed with drew brees and less talent at rb and defense! Patriots have never actually won a SB without a run game nor the colts - and we were last in rushing attempts and production over the last 10 years - we did our best ever but could have been better imo -

Imagine our defense without many 3 and outs each game - I can - with a big ole horse pistol like ours - I ain’t scared of no boogeyman

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Can't discount the fact that the Jags were a whisker from the Super Bowl but as usual the officials were in the Patriots' pocket and they got screwed.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As long as we do better than Seattle and SF im good

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson