Are You Willing To Endure An "Off" Year?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wonder how we got so many turnovers? 16 was it? I think we were +15 on the preseason. Granted it's the preseason though.

Because the ball popped up into the air off receivers' hands and ended up in our team's? Not sure how you say muffed punts is attributeable to a new "tough" attitude?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The only preseason game I give any credence to is game 3. They definitely did show smash mouth capabilities in the few series that the 1st team was in. Didn’t they cause some crazy amount of turnovers this preseason??? If you’ve watched any Carolina football while our HC & DC were there, then you just know what the game plan will be.
LOL. The game where the opponent started 1 of their real OL and none of their skill players? SOUNDS RELIABLE.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because the ball popped up into the air off receivers' hands and ended up in our team's? Not sure how you say muffed punts is attributeable to a new "tough" attitude?[/QUO
Because the ball popped up into the air off receivers' hands and ended up in our team's? Not sure how you say muffed punts is attributeable to a new "tough" attitude?

Whatever dude. You’re just being ignorant. I for one, will wait until the games count. You can keep being negative.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did anyone really think that the Philadelphia Eagles would be SB Champs last year???? Can we just see how things play out before we sign off on a 5-11 season. I understand the boredom of waiting for the season to start, but no one truly knows how this will play out. Wilks seems to be an intense dude that will have his team ready to rip heads off from day one. I guarantee you he’s not thinking that we’re 2-3 years away from Championship contention.
Actually, the Eagles were the best team in the NFC all season last year.

Reaction score

The Cowgirls muffed two punts. What about the other turnovers? Physicality has to account for something or should I say aggressiveness instead? Either way they were ahead of everyone else in the league by a large margin. They all can't be because of dumb luck. Just because your analytics don't say something doesn't mean it's not true.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The Cowgirls muffed two punts. What about the other turnovers? Physicality has to account for something or should I say aggressiveness instead? Either way they were ahead of everyone else in the league by a large margin. They all can't be because of dumb luck. Just because your analytics don't say something doesn't mean it's not true.

Why not? It has to happen at some point to somebody.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Okay. But every time a subject like this comes up, it's "Wait until after free agency/after June 1st cuts/after training camp starts/etc."

This is 90% of the team that we're gonna have in Week 2. This is the time to start drawing conclusions about what the front office has created.

Conclusions? Not sure how you can be so firm in your position when not a single live bullet has been fired... Yea, you can make some assumptions based on your own perceptions of all that has taken place up to this point.
The way I see it, this team won 8 games last season with no DJ, no Golden and half of Palmer... The key to this season is obviously keeping Bradford healthy. But I actually think the o-line might be better than last year, and with DJ back, our offense could be minimally respectable and more efficient that last year.
As with most teams, should injuries to key players take hold, all bets are off... But, if we won 8 games last year, why shouldn't this team do that again, if not maybe get to 9 or 10 wins?
I'm not expecting it as I am not expecting Bradford to stay healthy... But if he does, why couldn't this team be a .500 or slightly better team?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Why not? It has to happen at some point to somebody.
It could be dumb luck...that fact cannot be disputed,...possibility is what it is.

But the eye test clearly shows a defense that flies around and goes after the ball. It seamed with BA they were being coached to cover and tackle(at least the first couple years)... but under Wilkes they are being coached to play the ball... it shows on nearly every pass, tackle, and sack... players are getting their hands in there, slapping at the ball.

one has to attribute that to a plan because it happens so consistently and because when Wilks and Holcomb were at Carolina,...thats exactly what the defense did there.... Physicality...I dunno, maybe they are not yet as physical as they could be... but aggressive, yeah... this defense is going to be very aggressive.
There was a lot of fluke in the pre season results. chalk it up to dumb luck, or a mish mash of starters with inexperienced players sprinkled in... but it would be insane to think our defense could maintain a +5 TO ratio in every game.... but it does so far appear that is what they are hoping for... to get a few turnovers every week, protect the ball...and try to win games 17-10......... this defense really flies around...aside from the obvious hesitation right in the middle... based on what has been shown I would not be surprised to see them at +20 in the TO department by the end of the season

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I think this is a 6-7 win team.Poor RT(Andre Smith)
Poor DT (Nkemdiche)Midget LB (Bucannon).Injury prone OG (Iupati),rookie Center,unproven WRs after Fitz,lack of quality TEs,rookie head coach.Brittle starting QB.Just too many question marks to be a serious contender.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems to me this thread was started after the cuts, no?
I'd like to see how you came to this conclusion because I can tell you that this thread has nothing to do with the cuts. Didn't even enter into my mind when I started it last night.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'd like to see how you came to this conclusion because I can tell you that this thread has nothing to do with the cuts. Didn't even enter into my mind when I started it last night.

I dunno...The cuts happened and then this thread happened? Could be a reach though... [emoji6]

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Isn't this the same Glennon that a lot of people here said they wanted us to get for years? Now he stinks?
A lot of people on this board are very stupid. Has nothing to do with me, who would never stick my neck out and endorse a nothing like Glennon.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I'm mentally prepared for a six-win season. We have talent, but no depth, which means by Week 5 or so, when guys start missing games, we're going to suffer. Also, the backend of the schedule is rough.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Isn't this the same Glennon that a lot of people here said they wanted us to get for years? Now he stinks?

Most of us always knew he sucked.

But I do remember the chatter for Glennon... I think it was mostly after the Lindley wild card game, so we can't hold that against anyone.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Personally, I would just start Rosen from the beginning of the year. The NFC is freaking stacked and I do not believe realistically this Cards team has any real chance to compete.

Our future is Rosen not Bradford, and the faster he gets experience the faster he hopefully gets good, which should make the whole team good and give us a player to build around.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Conclusions? Not sure how you can be so firm in your position when not a single live bullet has been fired... Yea, you can make some assumptions based on your own perceptions of all that has taken place up to this point.
The way I see it, this team won 8 games last season with no DJ, no Golden and half of Palmer... The key to this season is obviously keeping Bradford healthy. But I actually think the o-line might be better than last year, and with DJ back, our offense could be minimally respectable and more efficient that last year.
As with most teams, should injuries to key players take hold, all bets are off... But, if we won 8 games last year, why shouldn't this team do that again, if not maybe get to 9 or 10 wins?
I'm not expecting it as I am not expecting Bradford to stay healthy... But if he does, why couldn't this team be a .500 or slightly better team?

I agree with the points you’ve made, but I’d go a little further. No one expects Bradford to last, but if he somehow did, I would say this team wins at least 10 games. The likelihood he stays injury free may be less than 25% though. I love Rosen’s future, but he’ll make rookie mistakes. Regardless of how many W’s we get, I’m pretty sure we’ll be far more physical under Wilks than under BA.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Personally, I would just start Rosen from the beginning of the year. The NFC is freaking stacked and I do not believe realistically this Cards team has any real chance to compete.

Our future is Rosen not Bradford, and the faster he gets experience the faster he hopefully gets good, which should make the whole team good and give us a player to build around.

You have a very good argument but I'm still on board with Bradford starting the season.

Sends the wrong message to the team to start Rosen because Bradford has won the starting job according to everything I've read or seen myself. Coach Wilks tells the team that the best 11 will be on the field and then goes back on his word?

I don't think Bradford will last the season (injury) so Rosen will get some playing time.

IF Bradford stays healthy I expect he will play well so we could get to the playoffs and Bradford could become very valuable trade bait.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I can always tolerate losing because we have less talent. Where I get frustrated is when we lose because of bad coaching or other self inflicted issues.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison