What happened to the 2002 Cards?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Started off 4-2 but lost nine of their last ten and were outscored by 170 points. Ended up being Jake’s last season in Arizona.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I remember those Cards. Tango kept crowing about how great we were, and about how much of a bad person I was for being a darksider. I hated being right, but that early start was fool's gold, and I knew it.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I remember those Cards. Tango kept crowing about how great we were, and about how much of a bad person I was for being a darksider. I hated being right, but that early start was fool's gold, and I knew it.

Dude, you are always a darksider regardless of the team haha... but I will cherish the care package Dave McGinnis had sent me when I told him I was a fan from Texas lol

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Started off 4-2 but lost nine of their last ten and were outscored by 170 points. Ended up being Jake’s last season in Arizona.
I remember that season way too vividly.

David Boston and Jake Plummer were a reasonably major force the year prior, and I remember Thomas Jones having his first signs of life early on. But it was pretty clear the team was playing out of their mind. The 9-6 game against the Cowboys is one of the worst games of football I've ever seen in my entire life. They caught a couple of reeling teams in mostly boring games - like the Panthers, who were starting either Chris Weinke, or Rodney Peete... but who cares? They'd been 1-15 a year before.

They had two quality wins over NYG and SEA, but it was clear they were barely holding on. When the 49ers game happened - a fight for 1st in the division, with a tied record - they seemed to be in the fight, but lost ground in the end due to what was clearly just talent trumping effort. In the 4th, the bend but don't break defense broke, and the 49ers imposed their will on the team. It was pretty clear that "the bird" was a stupid arm waggle invented by a defense that was amazed they hadn't already given up 150 points.

They all gave up immediately. That was the biggest "same ol' Cardinals" moment of my life.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Lost our top 4 WRs and Plummer was never good enough to make bad receivers like McCadlley and Kasper look good

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson