Time to totally fire this coaching staff

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It's laughable to call ANYONE who's been a Cardinals fan for years a fair weather front runner, much less all us crazy enough to devote time not just to awful Sunday's but unfathomable amounts of time taking about them HERE.
yup...been fair weather fanning these guys for decades...and there aint been much fair weather in that time either

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
You people are the biggest fair weather front runners I've ever seen.

You could not be further from the truth if I am one of the fans in question. I am stating what I stating for the very reason that I am not a fair weather fan and will be supporting this team even this season no matter the record... I still see talent and now it is being wasted unless Arians will dump some of his staff, he becomes the problem when holding on to others which are getting in the way

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I didn't read through this thread but I disagree with the OP. Other than Jones, the Cards have a good coaching staff.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
yup...been fair weather fanning these guys for decades...and there aint been much fair weather in that time either

I can't find the right word for it. First this is not directed at you I just grabbed this post. Lots of fans go from all in to fire the lot so fast I don't get it. I regret jumping on board the fair weather comment you guys make a great point. Anyone still with this franchise is a true fan. Still the this is so awesome to blank them in a flip of a switch I don't get.

Either way here's to next week. :newcards:

Last edited:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping the duo we hire are young guys. I'd love for this franchise to finally hit on young talent that can remain in place for a decade or longer for a change. Based on true merit.

To that end, who are the young bucks who show promise in front offices and as coordinators?
Therein lies the question. I'm sure someone like Mitch will have a list of guys. I believe I heard the names Vrabel and Matt Patricia as suggestions. Both are disciples of Bill B.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I can't find the right word for it. First this is not directed at you I just grabbed this post. Lots of fans go from all in to fire the lot so fast I don't get it. I regret jumping on board the fair weather comment you guys make a great point. Anyone still with this franchise is a true fan. Still the this is so awesome to blank them in a flip of a switch I don't get.

Either way here's to next week. :newcards:

from my perspective.... I am fairly knowledgable about the game ...having played it as well as coached.. I often see things that indicate poor personnel management or poor coaching.. but being a solid kool aid drinker,...I look for the positives..
but there comes a time when you cant keep making excuses for the failures.
Its like when you have an employee who does fantastic work, but dude always calls in sick the monday after payday...the dude is a drunk, and sooner or later you have to face it because it affects the entire team...great work or not he has to go.

BA may still have some value to the team... unfortunately his loyalty to coaches who have completely failed undermines any value he has remaining. His loyalty to players with sub standard skills has also hurt the team,(Stanton)... not to mention his "doghouse" tactics...may work well for some players but may totally ruin others...the guys who dont have the psychological makeup for that kind of motivator need to be weeded out in the pre draft process

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
dream scenario (after season is over)

Mike Bidwill (at his desk): Come in Keim-O, come in.

Keim: Hey there Mike.

Mike B: So, what's the plan on coaching for this year ?

Keim: Plan ? Mike, we have great coaches, yes, there were a few bumps in the road, but I'm sure we are well on the way to righting this ship and building the championship team I, BA and his staff know is coming our way this year.

Mike B (handing Keim a sheet of paper): Steve, this is your resignation letter, please sign it and exit through the back way, our new GM is due here any minute. Oh, and tell BA on your way past that him and his geritol posse is through, also. They can take home an official Cardinal hat as a memento of their fine service. Now get out of here Keim-O, I have work to do.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hey, these coaches deserve a chance. Yes, this club looks underprepared and disinterested now, but prior to last season we had three solid years. Let's see if BA and Co. can figure-out a way to get this team out of its current malaise. And if they can't, by season's end, then yes, loads of changes (coaching & personnel) should be in store.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I have to agree with you JG-----the window on this coaching staff has closed, and the whole staff needs to be flushed this off season. I include Arians in that flushing because he has tolerated terrible performances by his coaching staff without any demand for change at all. I sincerely hope that Michael Bidwill goes for draining the pond this next off season and beginning anew with a head coach who will demand better performance of his staff AND his roster.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
We also need a better scouting department.

+1

As for Arians, what I saw yesterday is the start of a long losing streak. One of those standard 5 to 7 game losing streaks, because at this point, it feels like (and this is pure assumption on my part) Arians has lost the team.

If Keim wants to salvage his job, he has to make some extremely hard decisions next offseason.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
You look at the balance of the schedule and I have a hard time finding games I think they can win. I see 2-5 leading to the bye week and then maybe a win in SF however I have grave reservations about that one because it's a road game and the Niners have at least been competitive with good teams. The Cardinals haven't. They might pick up a win against the Titans and maybe one against the Giants since it's the last home game and the Giants will be playing out their schedule and may be disinterested in the game. I do not see any other possible wins. Best case scenario as I see it is a 4-12 record with a worse case of 2-14 with a 11 games losing streak.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here is my coaching replacement wish list:

HC - Darrell Bevell (SEA OC) - Next in line of Pete Carroll assistants to get head coaching gig. Local guy, born in Yuma and went to Chaparral HS. Done a good job with SEA offense despite terrible OL. Was lead scout responsible for selling ownership on drafting Russell Wilson (Bevell played at WIS and was one of few scouts at Wilson's Pro Day) so he has scouting experience and an obvious eye for talent.

OC - Mike McCoy (DEN OC) - Might have to make him assistant HC to get him from DEN where he is thriving after stint as SD HC.

OL Coach (SEA OL Coach) - Tom Cable, arguably the best in the business, can't blame him for train wreck of a line in SEA.

DC - Gus Bradley (former SEA DC & JAX HC) - Familiarity with Bevell from SEA days. Was architect in development of one of the most dominating defenses the last few years with SEA.

ST - Dave Toub (KC ST coach) - KC arguably has one of the best special teams units in NFL. Not sure what his contract situation is but OBVIOUSLY would be huge upgrade over what we have.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Therein lies the question. I'm sure someone like Mitch will have a list of guys. I believe I heard the names Vrabel and Matt Patricia as suggestions. Both are disciples of Bill B.

Right now, I think it would be wise to see if we can pluck someone from the Andy Reid coaching tree, since his offense seems to be tearing up the league right now.

I cannot believe I just typed that!

Belichek is a hell of a coach and GM no-doubt, but his defense is not anything to be raving about.

When the offense on New England lacks talent the offensive coaches seem to be able to coach'em up. Not so much on defense this year.

Maybe hire their offensive line coach as a head coach......that ain't gonna happen, BTW, but he may be the best offensive line coach in the last 10 years.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

HC - Darrell Bevell (SEA OC) - Next in line of Pete Carroll assistants to get head coaching gig. Local guy, born in Yuma and went to Chaparral HS. Done a good job with SEA offense despite terrible OL. Was lead scout responsible for selling ownership on drafting Russell Wilson (Bevell played at WIS and was one of few scouts at Wilson's Pro Day) so he has scouting experience and an obvious eye for talent.

OC - Mike McCoy (DEN OC) - Might have to make him assistant HC to get him from DEN where he is thriving after stint as SD HC.

OL Coach (SEA OL Coach) - Tom Cable, arguably the best in the business, can't blame him for train wreck of a line in SEA.

DC - Gus Bradley (former SEA DC & JAX HC) - Familiarity with Bevell from SEA days. Was architect in development of one of the most dominating defenses the last few years with SEA.

ST - Dave Toub (KC ST coach) - KC arguably has one of the best special teams units in NFL. Not sure what his contract situation is but OBVIOUSLY would be huge upgrade over what we have.
Darrell Bevell???? Excuse my language, but HELLLLLLLLLLLLL no. He’s the reason why Seattle lost that SB against & also why that offense has underachieved the past few years. Go to Seahawks.NET & read their constant bashing about his playcalling. They would LOVE it if we took him off his hands. Let’s not get anyone from Seattle’s offensive staff period unless Russell Wilson is coming with them.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gus Bradley sucks, too. Let’s not get anybody from Seattle nor New England’s coaching tree.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score

No to Darrell Bevell -- he is the main reason Seattle has not won multiple championships. Ugggh. They might be the only team that blocks worse than the Cards O-line and their offense is completely based on Russell Wilson magic. Not sure how Tom Cable gets a pass on the results in Seattle -- isnt that what Arians does for Amos Jones and Bettcher? -- no thank you. I can see the merits of the the other three candidates though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson