Time to totally fire this coaching staff

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I like Arians, I would prefer him to still be our head coach but he comes with baggage called Bettcher and Amos and he will not get rid of them. I see Fitz frustrated but then I see Peterson who is a stud and still in his prime being wasted and as a fan of guys who care on the team... this has to change

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
+1 except I'd like to see BA gone as well because his offense and play calling suck.

I am a pretty patient fan, meaning most would say I have kool aid stains on me, but this whole staff has become rotten because of the constant weak hires on the staff around Arians. Arians has turned his job into a charity occupation for young guys he likes but do not qualify

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
These are the type of games in which HC have to think long and hard about their loyalty to their assistants. Amos has needed to be gone for a while. This has been Bettcher’s worst game as a DC, but I’m not sure there’s a better option available midseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
We also need a better scouting department.

I do not think we need another scouting department at all. I think they are pretty damn good with the hits on guys in later rounds where usually the scouting department gets their say during the draft but I think Keim ignores most of what they tell him and tries to get cute... it's what Keim and Arians is doing with the information they provide

Last edited:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I dont really think it's going to be an issue. I think BA and most of his staff retires after this year along with Carson and,,,, Larry :( :( :(

I agree, I just think the problem will solve itself and unfortunately we are in for yet another rebuild. Atleast BA made things interesting for a few years.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
These are the type of games in which HC have to think long and hard about their loyalty to their assistants. Amos has needed to be gone for a while. This has been Bettcher’s worst game as a DC, but I’m not sure there’s a better option available midseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if there was, you really think BA will replace one from them? Not a chance.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We had a nice run under Whiz & a nice run under BA. Unfortunately the window closed for both of them because of horrible early round draft picks. 1st & 2nd round picks have to be stars, and yet ours tend to be busts.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Just about everybody injured isnt gonna help the firing cause though.

But it gets the ball rolling but this is the problem, who the hell would be our coach to finish, Moore at his age? Bettcher or Goodwin because to fire the whole staff would not work because they probably have the whole loyalty crap going lol

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The team was outcoached now too many times in the last 3 years. The Coaching has to go. Fire BA, put Leftwich or someone for the reminder of the season and fire Amos Jones and hire someone that is more capable then Bettcher ... but okay, probably we will see ba this entire year and after that he gets fired.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Trust me, if Arians wants to come back next year he will be the HC because of the loyalty Keim has to him. The only way Arians goes is if Bidwill says he needs to be jettisoned.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
But it gets the ball rolling but this is the problem, who the hell would be our coach to finish, Moore at his age? Bettcher or Goodwin because to fire the whole staff would not work because they probably have the whole loyalty crap going lol

Nothings gonna happen until after this season.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
Well, Darren Fells has 2 TDs today. Always liked him, but somebody didn't like him enough to give him$1.5 M as an RFA with full team rights. Coach or GM decision?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
OL and special teams. Doesn't help that we're tinkering with zone and it's costing us. It's a personnel problem imo. We also need some #1 and #2 receivers. Fitz is a #3, and everyone else is a #4 or lower.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
If you could find a way to keep Arians and he would do the unthinkable next season and find a way to bring back Bowles or Horton, you could still keep the faith of the players... but Bettcher is a high school coach who is unable to think past the second level with the talent he has

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am a pretty patient fan, meaning most would say I have kool aid stains on me, but this whole staff has become rotten because of the constant weak hires on the staff around Arians. Arians has turned his job into a charity occupation for young guys he likes but do not qualify

Young guys?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think if Keim doesn't get this turned around next year he will be gone as well. He is the architect of this team and lack of quality depth (particularly the OL) is what is dooming this season. Granted, the OL coaching sucks as comments from former players have been well documented that coaches have shifted their focus away from player development. But let's be honest, would guys like Wetzel, Holden, John, and the other back ups on this team be on other NFL rosters if they weren't with ARZ, most likely not. This team needs a better OL, secondary and ST's.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
I just know I sit there in envy when I see other teams with QBs that are able to run themselves out of pressure and even running for their own first downs.

This BA nonsense of old-school, 100% stay-in-the-pocket QB'ing doesn't work anymore. You have to have some mobility to your QB nowadays.

And even then, if they're so hell-bent on this, why would you build out a hyper-vanilla O-line to try and run it?

I want Gabbert. At least it gives me something to watch out for.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, Darren Fells has 2 TDs today. Always liked him, but somebody didn't like him enough to give him$1.5 M as an RFA with full team rights. Coach or GM decision?

Fells is a good TE. This team has never learned how to utilize a TE in the offense. We have a very bland and unimaginative offense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if Keim doesn't get this turned around next year he will be gone as well. He is the architect of this team and lack of quality depth (particularly the OL) is what is dooming this season. Granted, the OL coaching sucks as comments from former players have been well documented that coaches have shifted their focus away from player development. But let's be honest, would guys like Wetzel, Holden, John, and the other back ups on this team be on other NFL rosters if they weren't with ARZ, most likely not. This team needs a better OL, secondary and ST's.

Here's the thing... do any of us trust Keim to make the pick in the draft that will prob be our QB of the future? I sure as hell don't.

He's STILL a holdover of the Graves era. Time to blow up EVERYTHING and get a new GM who will pick his new coach and QB next year.