Time to totally fire this coaching staff

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I like BA but do feel that time has passed him by. He just doesn't have it in him to fire any of his coaches. That is a fatal flaw.

The rah rah coach rarely survives for long without something more. You have to change and adapt. The NFL adapts every game and what works now doesn't always work in the future.

Head Coaches and coordinators have to be innovators as well as leaders and coaches. BA has been awesome but he is doing the same old stuff he has been doing all along. Defenses have adjusted and he hasn't. He is also loyal and stubborn to a fault.

He is choosing his loyalty to Amos Jones over the 53 men on the roster, the other coaches, his organization, and it's fans. Loyalty is admirable but you also have to have accountability. Amos should resign if Arians won't fire him.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gus Bradley sucks, too. Let’s not get anybody from Seattle nor New England’s coaching tree.

No to Darrell Bevell -- he is the main reason Seattle has not won multiple championships. Ugggh. They might be the only team that blocks worse than the Cards O-line and their offense is completely based on Russell Wilson magic. Not sure how Tom Cable gets a pass on the results in Seattle -- isnt that what Arians does for Amos Jones and Bettcher? -- no thank you. I can see the merits of the the other three candidates though.
Darrell Bevell???? Excuse my language, but HELLLLLLLLLLLLL no. He’s the reason why Seattle lost that SB against & also why that offense has underachieved the past few years. Go to Seahawks.NET & read their constant bashing about his playcalling. They would LOVE it if we took him off his hands. Let’s not get anyone from Seattle’s offensive staff period unless Russell Wilson is coming with them.

The SB thing, the INT was just an amazing play that you can't blame Bevell for. Yeah, they could have ran but why if the RB fumbled, would you blame Bevell? The offense not being good the last couple of years, yeah Bevell should be canned for not bringing in NFL caliber OL to protect Wilson. I swear some of you can't seem to see that SEA's GM has failed them just like Keim failed ARZ this offseason determined to collect draft picks instead of improving the team so he can continue to gamble with ARZ's future with his risky drafting strategies. Gus Bradley sucked as a HC, some coaches are better coordinators, you can't argue with the defenses he ran in SEA, not going to try arguing with posters about that. If Bevell had an OL, Wilson would be torching defenses. Can't blames sins of the GM on coordinators, they are just trying to make something out of nothing in SEA and ARZ's cases.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
You look at the balance of the schedule and I have a hard time finding games I think they can win. I see 2-5 leading to the bye week and then maybe a win in SF however I have grave reservations about that one because it's a road game and the Niners have at least been competitive with good teams. The Cardinals haven't. They might pick up a win against the Titans and maybe one against the Giants since it's the last home game and the Giants will be playing out their schedule and may be disinterested in the game. I do not see any other possible wins. Best case scenario as I see it is a 4-12 record with a worse case of 2-14 with a 11 games losing streak.

I agree, but I think 2-14 is far more likely than 4-12. Go look at TENN and NYG and who they played (and how hard they seemed to have played them). I don't see us beating those teams.

oh, wait, we get Hump back and the o-line is solved ! :sarcasm:

The only coaching change should be ALL of them (including Arians). Arians is on record as specifically stating he would "NEVER" fire one of his coaches, although he backed off slightly and said he might re-assign one, he then re-iterated he would "NEVER" fire one. So he has to go, because he isn't gonna do anything about the atrocious coaching on this team.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Five draft classes have yielded three starters from the ten picks in the first two rounds.

The team is eerily in the same position which is was when BASK took over. The entire offensive line needs to be replaced. Need rotational depth on the D-line. Need a cornerback opposite Peterson and a quarterback.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not a great time to pull the trigger we're moving in that direction and it's not out of the realm of possibility that we could reach that point late in the year.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dupe post (kinda) due to page reloading monster: Not the right time, but if things don't change, I could see where we could conceivably pull the trigger late in the season.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dupe post (kinda) due to page reloading monster: Not the right time, but if things don't change, I could see where we could conceivably pull the trigger late in the season.

We won't fire BA. However, I think he will retire at the end of the season. IMO there will then be a house cleaning of his entire staff. I just hope that Bidwill and Keim don't replace him with Goodwin. Seeing the job he has done with the OL, that would be a disaster.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Five draft classes have yielded three starters from the ten picks in the first two rounds.

The team is eerily in the same position which is was when BASK took over. The entire offensive line needs to be replaced. Need rotational depth on the D-line. Need a cornerback opposite Peterson and a quarterback.
Interesting (and suck-o) how this team went from one of the most talented rosters in the league, to one bereft of talent in less than two years.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would only want a coach from the Belichek tree if it's rooted in Tom Brady soil. Brady has made an average franchise look like geniuses in my opinion... and thank you for Chandler Jones :)

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
While many of our coaches have a lot experience and pedigree, I'm wondering if perhaps the game is starting to pass some of them by. There is a lot of talk about being the oldest roster in football, but I'm pretty sure we also have the oldest coaching staff as well. When you consider the age of our coaches and coordinators I'm wondering if the whole "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" adage is coming into play here at all. I know we had success with for a few years, but I get the feeling like this team hasn't tried to evolve at all even when it's become clear it is a required to have a chance at success. When things aren't working you'd expect to see new schemes and plays and strategies but it looks like they are determined to prove it could work all along even if they have to fail 20 times to see it succeed once.

Here's the Card's coaches: http://www.azcardinals.com/roster/coaches.html
Here's the Ram's coaches: http://www.therams.com/team/coaches.html

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The players changed but the results is even worse
One factor still there, amos
Its time to pay the ineptitude and even the person who defends his work

cardinals

Veteran
Reaction score
2-3... the sky hasnt fallen.
1 game behind a majority of league.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Interesting (and suck-o) how this team went from one of the most talented rosters in the league, to one bereft of talent in less than two years.

In 2014 or 2015 if you asked how many players I thought were key to have return the next year with I would have probably came up with 10. This year the only players I consider key to next year are PP, DJ and C-Jones. I would love to have Fitz there also, but for $5M or less, not for $15M+. There are a few more I would like to see back, but don't consider them key.

Either SK got lucky early on or he is slumping right now. We are way overpaying on many players for the performance. We let some good players walk over money that went to scrubs and "one year too many" salaries.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2-3... the sky hasnt fallen.
1 game behind a majority of league.

:madarms:

This is the same thing people said last year and this team is even worse than last year.

Don't worry about what the rest of the league's records are, just look at how our team is playing. It is a continuation of the downward trend that began in the last regular season game of 2015 and has not abated. The sky fell a while ago.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
In 2014 or 2015 if you asked how many players I thought were key to have return the next year with I would have probably came up with 10. This year the only players I consider key to next year are PP, DJ and C-Jones. I would love to have Fitz there also, but for $5M or less, not for $15M+. There are a few more I would like to see back, but don't consider them key.

Either SK got lucky early on or he is slumping right now. We are way overpaying on many players for the performance. We let some good players walk over money that went to scrubs and "one year too many" salaries.
Keim always talks about building better depth on the team, yet he signs players to one year contracts to do it. Then they either retire or go off somewhere else to play and you are right back where you started from a year later. The only reason guys like Chris Johnson resigned is because he knew another team wouldn't touch him. Same for Gresham, at least not for the money they offered him in AZ. I honestly don't even want Fitz back unless it's at half of his salary. He doesn't instill fear in the defense like he used to. He doesn't garner attention like he used to. He's no longer a difference maker. Keim and Arians seem to judge a player on what they did in the pass, not what they are capable of in the future.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Personally, I think the fire Arians talk is ridiculous. The players love playing for him and are playing hard. He hasn't forgotten how to coach and is still a very good play caller.

His problem is his head has been in the sand for years when it comes to special teams. I posted last year that I don't think he emphasizes it and it shows. ST's cost them a playoff berth last year and it seems to have gotten worse this year.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Personally, I think the fire Arians talk is ridiculous. The players love playing for him and are playing hard. He hasn't forgotten how to coach and is still a very good play caller.

His problem is his head has been in the sand for years when it comes to special teams. I posted last year that I don't think he emphasizes it and it shows. ST's cost them a playoff berth last year and it seems to have gotten worse this year.
Through last season I'd have agreed with you, but this year the players don't seem to care. They seem completely disinterested. It's weird.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A good play caller? What games have you been watching ?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
A good play caller? What games have you been watching ?
Well, his playbook is a little hamstrung because of injuries. BA had said he was planning on getting DJ about 30 touches a game. That's about 40% of the offense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I don't know. I don't think the players love playing for him any longer. Remember the accountability board? In his first couple of seasons I think that meant something. I recall us being a pretty disciplined team that didn't beat itself. That hasn't been evident last season or this season. To me that means the accountability board no longer possesses and legitimacy. And that, in turn, leads me to believe that while the players may still LIKE BA, they aren't really playing for him. There are some exceptions. Like I believe Carson wouldn't be playing through the beatings if he wasn't playing for BA, but I think he's an exception now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well, his playbook is a little hamstrung because of injuries. BA had said he was planning on getting DJ about 30 touches a game. That's about 40% of the offense.
No player gets 30 touches a game in this day and age. They might have an occasional game that reaches that mark, but average it? Naw. That was classic BA hyperbole.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison