AZ 31 WAS 23

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Spielman was better than most broadcasters. The reason it sounds so different is because broadcasters nowadays don't actually dissect plays. Go on youtube and look at some old games, the announcers regularly explained blocking technique, WR technique, and other intricacies of the game.

Frankly, if you listen to it back then, because of their cadence, there's a lot of dead air, it's freaking boring, but that's how they used to do it. They explained football and not who someone was dating or whether they head butted a prop or arguments on the sidelines. They talked about football and the technique involved with playing the game. But their production values were very poor back then.

I wish we could have more announcers like that, who talked football and the actual game and not the personalities. I don't care who Tony Romo or Tom Brady is dating or married to, I really don't care. I don't care if Josh Norman trash talks and I don't want to discuss it all game long. That's reality TV and entertainment. I want to hear about formations, schemes and plays and how they were set up. They used to do that.

They really did. The announcers back then knew more about football than these chumps, and I don't care who they have on. Look at Michael Strahan. Perfect example. HOF player, but he's hosted media shows and is a reality TV junkie, and he brings that to the NFL pre-game. I don't want that. I want football analysis. They can bash Spielman but he's better than the ***** on TV every Sunday talking about nonsense.

I like hearing someone who knows the game...call the game.
And as I said... Spielman definitely knows the game..... Maybe it was just me... But his delivery sounded very condescending.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like hearing someone who knows the game...call the game.
And as I said... Spielman definitely knows the game..... Maybe it was just me... But his delivery sounded very condescending.
Understood. I can't speak to that, I wasn't offended. All I can say is I prefer him to most broadcasters talking about personal bs more than football. He wasn't perfect by any means.

That being said, I think our standards are very low.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson