Mike Glennon

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
I believe he is a free agent after this year. Wouldn't mind him in a Cards uniform if Palmer can't turn this around.

Jason1970

Reaction score
while we are at it, bring in Karlos Williams @ RB. with CJ dinged up, he can be the big bruiser that's needed for change of pace

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind him on a reasonable deal. He's not elite by any means, but elite QB's don't just hit free agency. He's a serviceable veteran(ish) QB that could hold serve while we develop a young QB. He's good enough to win 10+ games on a team with David Johnson and a solid D.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind him on a reasonable deal. He's not elite by any means, but elite QB's don't just hit free agency. He's a serviceable veteran(ish) QB that could hold serve while we develop a young QB. He's good enough to win 10+ games on a team with David Johnson and a solid D.

So he's better than Carson Palmer? :ducks:

Honestly, what are these evaluations of Glennon based on?

OP
OP
sportznutt

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
What has Palmer done in his last 8 meaningful games to warrant that he can turn this around? I'm worried that he's either too scared to get injured again, his finger is still an issue or, simply, age has caught up to him. He's 36 years old. 12 TD and 13 INT since Christmas last year.

I'm merely suggesting that he COULD be done or slowly falling like Peyton did. His throws are off target this year and he's making bad decisions. We could start over with a rookie or go after a free agent. There isn't much available, unless you want Kirk Cousins. Your suggestions are welcome.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What has Palmer done in his last 8 meaningful games to warrant that he can turn this around? I'm worried that he's either too scared to get injured again, his finger is still an issue or, simply, age has caught up to him. He's 36 years old. 12 TD and 13 INT since Christmas last year.

I'm merely suggesting that he COULD be done or slowly falling like Peyton did. His throws are off target this year and he's making bad decisions. We could start over with a rookie or go after a free agent. There isn't much available, unless you want Kirk Cousins. Your suggestions are welcome.

I don't know. I think that the Bears are planning on cutting Jay Cutler after this season (mentioned on the Week 4 preview of the Ringer NFL Podcast). I'd rather have him than Glennon.

Palmer has a $24M cap number next year. If he retires, he'll have more than $10M in dead money.

It was a fart in the wind on this board, but it's worth noting that Matt Barkley declined to join our practice squad and instead opted to play for the Bears. Weird, right?

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jay Cutler? Bwhaha b dy*2 eu2 s# :/%. Sorry I dropped my phone laughing so hard.

At least their is an off chance Glennon might be better than he has shown since he was playing for a dumpster fire of a team.

Cutler has proven beyond any shadow of a doubt he is not going to help any team make significant progress.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Jay Cutler? Bwhaha b dy*2 eu2 s# :/%. Sorry I dropped my phone laughing so hard.

At least their is an off chance Glennon might be better than he has shown since he was playing for a dumpster fire of a team.

Cutler has proven beyond any shadow of a doubt he is not going to help any team make significant progress.
Sounds like what people were saying about Carson Palmer three years ago...

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think the pressure Carson is facing is one of the main reasons he is looking like crap.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not true. May be rare but it happens, see Brees and Peyton.

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
29 TD to 15 INT. Making 1.8 million this year. I guess we will know this off season if they have any interest with the Keim NC State connection...Who knows how Keim or BA feels about him. But I think he's as good as any candidate for them to bring in this off season going forward...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think Glennon is a future star based upon....................................nothing ;). But he's a backup on another team, he has to be as good as Palmer.

Maybe better, he just needs a chance.:sarcasm:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Not true. May be rare but it happens, see Brees and Peyton.
One with a bad shoulder/elbow and one with serious neck injuries...of course hindsight being 20/20...

When was a last time a healthy stud QB became available as a FA? Healthy and not past his prime...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I don't understand all the Glennon hate, he's actually performed pretty damn well. He reminds me a lot of Matt Ryan.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind bringing him in and drafting a QB early. Glennon would be the starter while his replacement if necessary gets groomed to take over. But I agree, our pass protection has played a role in the QB struggles.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I think it is time for the Cardinals to draft or acquire a mobile QB who can at times extend drives with his feet or with evading pressure. It puts much more pressure on a defense.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it is time for the Cardinals to draft or acquire a mobile QB who can at times extend drives with his feet or with evading pressure. It puts much more pressure on a defense.

Mitch my 2 favourite picks are trabusky and mahomes III
do u have other preferences?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
As long as they are a great passer first, I'd be all for it. In the NFL, you have to be able to chuck it first. Otherwise, Tim Tebow and Vince Young wouldn't have washed out so quickly.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sounds like what people were saying about Carson Palmer three years ago...

Big difference between raiders and broncos and bears teams during the applicable years. Cutler is a known quantity and he's getting up there in age too. He maybe could be a stop gap qb but he isn't the QBOTF. Keep in mind I didn't say Glennon is either, just noting we could do worse in that hunt.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson