The "I want to break my TV" Pick

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who's the guy that has been linked to us in mocks that if we take him in the first round, you would flip out in disgust?

Mine would be Jalen Collins & a QB not named Jameis.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Danielle Hunter. He has all the measurables you want but none of it translates to the field. Very weak at the point of attack and is not aggressive. Shy's away from contact.

-Edit-
You said first round...my bad. Still wouldn't take Hunter in any round.

As for first round...TJ Clemmings, Arik Armstead and Jordan Phillips. I don't feel we need O-line in the first. There are more impactful players available at other positions we could use. Arik Armstead and Jordan Phillips again is potential but hasn't shown much of anything on tape. Armstead has also been said to be lazy on and off the field and doesn't always spend a lot of time in the weight room in the offseason.

Last edited:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arik Armstead. I doubt we would take him anyway as SK wants college producers in the first but the possibility still frightens me. Normally, once I watch interviews, this list will get much longer. I hate taking dumb players early. DRC and Ryan Williams frightened the hell out of me. Patrick Peterson def did too but not as bad on account of his body of work.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Levi Clown :D

I swear I was never more pissed on draft day

The disaster of 2003 should trump that. Passing on Suggs to take Pace & Johnson was beyond ridiculous.

As for this year: Hundley, Thompson, Cummings, Armstead would make me mad.

Eric Kendricks would be a ho-hum choice.

Last edited:

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Shaq Thompson - he is 4-3 outside linebacker or an in the box safety. He doesn't fill a need for the Cardinals.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shaq Thompson - he is 4-3 outside linebacker or an in the box safety. He doesn't fill a need for the Cardinals.

He has great coverage skills and would be a great chess piece in our defense. He's okay in the run. He played in a 3-4 at Washington.
I don't know why people would be mad at this pick, tbh.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Trading down for Bryant Johnson and Calvin Pace.......LOL.

My 2015 "break my TV players" for a 1st round pick would be:

- Eli Harold, OLB: Have we learned nothing from the Ghost, you cannot pick role players with the 1st pick. Harold cannot play against the run at all. I don't see Harold getting any bigger with the frame he has. Just not a fit.

- Jordan Phillips, NT: Eddie Goldman is better, and while I would not be too happy with picking a NT in the 1st with so many available in this draft, at least pick Goldman whom I think is far better than Phillips. (Of course Danny Shelton is the best prospect, and I would be thrilled with him as the pick, but he won't make it that long)

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
i think it would be foolish to pick a TE in the first three rounds.

The Cards have been those fools 2 outta 4 years :D

Btw I think the Minnesota kid is better than the ND kid we drafted last year lol

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Trading down for Bryant Johnson and Calvin Pace.......LOL.

My 2015 "break my TV players" for a 1st round pick would be:

- Eli Harold, OLB: Have we learned nothing from the Ghost, you cannot pick role players with the 1st pick. Harold cannot play against the run at all. I don't see Harold getting any bigger with the frame he has. Just not a fit.

- Jordan Phillips, NT: Eddie Goldman is better, and while I would not be too happy with picking a NT in the 1st with so many available in this draft, at least pick Goldman whom I think is far better than Phillips. (Of course Danny Shelton is the best prospect, and I would be thrilled with him as the pick, but he won't make it that long)

I agree about Harold. He scares the hell out of me being the next Cody Brown :mad:

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Eli Harold- He doesn't stand out on tape

Melvin Gordon- Not a power back that we are looking for

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Whoever we pick in round 1 will frighten me. We have to find a way to trade out of rnd 1. I haven't been pleased with a Cards round 1 pick since ____________ (hell, you can fill in the blank. It doesn't really matter.)

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ryan Williams and Rob Housler over Ryan Mallet and the signing of Kevin Kolb.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
He has not been linked to us but the guy I don't want in the first round is Dante Fowler. Two years ago it was barkevios Mingo. That was the only linebacker I ever saw that was scared to tackle.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson