Whiz wins opener.......many more to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's always coaching , one coach will get alot more out of a group of players than another coach will get out of that same group .

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It's always coaching , one coach will get alot more out of a group of players than another coach will get out of that same group .

Good coach with a responsive GM will win. Talent gets pretty even in the NFL compared to the college ranks and the Rams proved that today against the champs. A good coach will win in the NFL, BA is a very good head coach

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
It's always smart to judge coach's 5 games into their job.

Agreed.

That is why I am judging this one on the 1st 5 games into their job in Ten, and the last 32 he had here.

But don't worry, Kurt Warner had nothing to do with it.

:D

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Agreed.

That is why I am judging this one on the 1st 5 games into their job in Ten, and the last 32 he had here.

But don't worry, Kurt Warner had nothing to do with it.

:D
Kurt Warner's turnaround had nothing to do with Whiz either.

It's been well documented on here that is was all Todd Haley :D.

:mulli:.

The sad thing is in those last 37 games, Whitehurst may have been his best starting QB :eek:.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I have watched just about all of their games. It's both, but the play calling has been horrendous.

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kurt Warner's turnaround had nothing to do with Whiz either.

It's been well documented on here that is was all Todd Haley :D.

:mulli:.

The sad thing is in those last 37 games, Whitehurst may have been his best starting QB :eek:.

And he got voted one of "Nashville's best looking people".

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like to review Titans forums to get their take - and they are ready to toss out the Whiz. This makes me feel better about my emotional scars over the years since the Plummer days.

TitanfanNcali

We SHOULD be 4-3, at minimum...even with our level of suckage. We have enough talent on this team, overall, to play better than this, but Wus-enhunt calls plays like a scared little ninny, when we have any sort of lead. With over 4min to go, we needed at least one first down to try and run out the clock.

What does Wus-enhunt do? Calls 3 running plays in a row. That is willful capitualation. That is forfeiting possession, voluntarily....because we're too scared to throw the ball at that stage of the game. Scared play-calling alone cost us this game and the Cleveland game. Nearly cost us last week against the Jags.

We're not even halfway into the season and already I'm tired of Wus-enhunt. Not going to waste 3+hrs of my Sunday's watching this hot garbage....simply because he doesn't have a pair.

oilers242

Coach, why did you let the clock run down to 3 seconds at the end of the game? You could have called time-out and gotten the ball back for atleast a couple of plays. Lets look at your play calling, 33 points last two games,last in 3rd down percentage, last in points scored in the 4th quarter. No more excuses from you, you are doing a poor job. Offensive line, 5-15 yard penalties. Griffin, what can you say about him? Missed the tackle on the t.d. pass, off side on the field goal. He needs to go to the bench, and be cut next year. McCourty, two long passes and the penalty at the end. Why did you not throw to Walker? This team does not have a killer instinct. How can you let a q.b. beat you who has not played in a year, he tore you up! No one comes up with a big play to stop a drive, or win a game. Mr. Smith, you need to blow up this organization from top to bottom. Pay Cower what ever he wants,or bring back Floyd Reese.That person who came up with suck for the duck, this team does not have to tank the season, they are bad enough to make it on their own.

VOLSTITANS

It's not that we lose it's the way we lose... we control the game until the last 3 minutes and then we cant stop a watermelon from rolling on a hardwood floor. And once again we'll win just enough games to get the 19-30 pick in the first round!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I like to review Titans forums to get their take - and they are ready to toss out the Whiz. This makes me feel better about my emotional scars over the years since the Plummer days.

TitanfanNcali

We SHOULD be 4-3, at minimum...even with our level of suckage. We have enough talent on this team, overall, to play better than this, but Wus-enhunt calls plays like a scared little ninny, when we have any sort of lead. With over 4min to go, we needed at least one first down to try and run out the clock.

What does Wus-enhunt do? Calls 3 running plays in a row. That is willful capitualation. That is forfeiting possession, voluntarily....because we're too scared to throw the ball at that stage of the game. Scared play-calling alone cost us this game and the Cleveland game. Nearly cost us last week against the Jags.

We're not even halfway into the season and already I'm tired of Wus-enhunt. Not going to waste 3+hrs of my Sunday's watching this hot garbage....simply because he doesn't have a pair.

oilers242

Coach, why did you let the clock run down to 3 seconds at the end of the game? You could have called time-out and gotten the ball back for atleast a couple of plays. Lets look at your play calling, 33 points last two games,last in 3rd down percentage, last in points scored in the 4th quarter. No more excuses from you, you are doing a poor job. Offensive line, 5-15 yard penalties. Griffin, what can you say about him? Missed the tackle on the t.d. pass, off side on the field goal. He needs to go to the bench, and be cut next year. McCourty, two long passes and the penalty at the end. Why did you not throw to Walker? This team does not have a killer instinct. How can you let a q.b. beat you who has not played in a year, he tore you up! No one comes up with a big play to stop a drive, or win a game. Mr. Smith, you need to blow up this organization from top to bottom. Pay Cower what ever he wants,or bring back Floyd Reese.That person who came up with suck for the duck, this team does not have to tank the season, they are bad enough to make it on their own.

VOLSTITANS

It's not that we lose it's the way we lose... we control the game until the last 3 minutes and then we cant stop a watermelon from rolling on a hardwood floor. And once again we'll win just enough games to get the 19-30 pick in the first round!
I think it's funny people want aggressive play calling with Charlie Whitehurst under center. The first time Chuck throws a pick in those situations, the same posters would be on Whiz for letting him throw the ball when all they had to do was run the ball and use the clock.

There isn't a coach in the league that's going to win with Clipboard at QB. The fans should be happy they are at least being somewhat competitive.

Would people be on Arians if the Cards were losing with Logan Thomas at QB? Because that would be almost the equivalent.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Rooting for Whiz to succeed in Tennessee. Arguably, he doesn't have the personnel to win ball games at the moment. Wonder if next season will pay dividends.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Rooting for Whiz to succeed in Tennessee. Arguably, he doesn't have the personnel to win ball games at the moment. Wonder if next season will pay dividends.

You don't have to wonder. Whiz's success was when he was coaching players Denny Green brought in. When Whiz brought his own players in, that is when things got really ugly.

Whiz is a horrible personel evaluator, and he proved that in AZ. Plus Whiz had his chance to bring in his own talent for the Titans this offseason, not surprised it hasn't amounted to much.

Sent from my intergalactic transmorgapher

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I think it's funny people want aggressive play calling with Charlie Whitehurst under center. The first time Chuck throws a pick in those situations, the same posters would be on Whiz for letting him throw the ball when all they had to do was run the ball and use the clock.

There isn't a coach in the league that's going to win with Clipboard at QB. The fans should be happy they are at least being somewhat competitive.

Would people be on Arians if the Cards were losing with Logan Thomas at QB? Because that would be almost the equivalent.

Whisenhunt picked Whitehurst, wanted him here in AZ almost traded a 3rd round pick for that, thankfully Seattle outbid us. He honestly thinks he can win with that guy.

I am in the boat he should have gone to Detroit, offensive personnel were already in place. How anyone could have faith with him finding the talent and then developing it is beyond me.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Whisenhunt picked Whitehurst, wanted him here in AZ almost traded a 3rd round pick for that, thankfully Seattle outbid us. He honestly thinks he can win with that guy.

I am in the boat he should have gone to Detroit, offensive personnel were already in place. How anyone could have faith with him finding the talent and then developing it is beyond me.

Which is why I lost all faith in Whiz. The guy has such an ego he honestly thinks he can win with any QB. Max Hall, DA, doesn't matter, the system works, trust the system, the system works, trust the system, one of us, one of us...

This was the same way he never accepted any responsibility for any losses. No matter how many coaching errors were made through playcalling, clock management etc. His line after every loss was; "Well the system works we just didn't execute." Subtle way of blaming the players and indemnifying himself.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

His wife would have never agreed to move to Detroit or Cleveland - which were both options. Just saying. Alice chose Tennessee as much as Ken did, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson