Whiz wins opener.......many more to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before the second coming of Warner genius!

Sorry, your sentence structure in that post was horrible.

So the winningest coach in Cardinals history, a history that spans almost a century, was a "bumbling incompetent HC"? Do you realize how difficult it is to get at team to the Superbowl? You do remember that Warner was on this team 2 years BEFORE Whiz got here and those teams went 5 - 11.

Listen Whiz wasn't perfect, but to call him a bumbling incompetent HC is just plain moronic.

Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well the post above you pretty much covered that..... He hamstrung himself pretty much there didn't he?

Warner retired a year early and they had Leinart who became a bust so he gets a bit of a pass. His GM was Graves so Whiz gets a much larger pass. Kolb turned out to be made of glass and was the best option available.

Bottom line is that even though it wasn't all Whiz's fault he didn't get it done and MB made the right call in firing him. Doesn't change my point that Whiz deserves more respect and appreciation for what he did accomplish here.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

So the winningest coach in Cardinals history, a history that spans almost a century, was a "bumbling incompetent HC"? Do you realize how difficult it is to get at team to the Superbowl? You do remember that Warner was on this team 2 years BEFORE Whiz got here and those teams went 5 - 11.

Listen Whiz wasn't perfect, but to call him a bumbling incompetent HC is just plain moronic.

Bingo.

Put it this way: Whiz brought lofty expectations to this team, which is the foundation for the anti-Whiz crowd to bash on him two years after his departure. In essence, the reason why the anti-Whiz crowd is bashing Whiz is because of the success he was able to accomplish in the beginning. Otherwise, he's lumped into a category with Buddy Ryan, Tobin, McGinnis, and Denny--coaches who only perpetuated the loser stigma of this franchise, and like the rest, is an afterthought.

Without Whiz, we're still celebrating 8-8 seasons like they're Lombardi trophies.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Let me get you up to speed, because you seem to have completely forgot those 2 years...

He lost his job to McCown after a groin injury 3 weeks into the season.. McCown sucked it up and Kurt was once again named the starter, played decently, then partially tore his ACL near the end of the season..

Won NFC player of the week in week one, had a few less than stellar games the next few weeks before they inserted the savior of the franchise Lienert (A player that one of our favorite posters had rated at a 99) So how could you not play Matty?

So yeah, those "first two years" you keep talking about? That was mostly McCown and Lienarts doing... Just go ahead and skip past the part where Warner's hand was still a major issue for him at this time as well.

Head over to the Tennessee boards if you want to see thousands of people who have the same opinion.

Last edited:

TJ

Reaction score
Let me get you up to speed, because you seem to have completely forgot those 2 years...

He lost his job to McCown after a groin injury 3 weeks into the season.. McCown sucked it up and Kurt was once again named the starter, played decently, then partially tore his ACL near the end of the season..

Won NFC player of the week in week one, had a few less than stellar games the next few weeks before they inserted the savior of the franchise Lienert (A player that one of our favorite posters had rated at a 99) So how could you not play Matty?

So yeah, those "first two years" you keep talking about? That was mostly McCown and Lienarts doing... Just go ahead and skip past the part where Warner's hand was still a major issue for him at this time as well.

Warner as the starter in 2005 = 2-6

Warner as the starter in 2006 = 1-5

Yep....mostly McCown and Leinart :rolleyes:

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Warner as the starter in 2005 = 2-6

Warner as the starter in 2006 = 1-5

Yep....mostly McCown and Leinart :rolleyes:

That's starts, not complete games :rolleyes: McCown played in 9 games in 2005 Lienart played in 12 in 2006 (11 as starter) So yeah..... If you want to pin the 2005 and 2006 seasons on Warner like MadCard.. Feel free.

Warner still threw for almost 3,000 yards in 2005

And was on 3,000+ pace in 2006

With more TD>int in both years..

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's starts, not complete games :rolleyes: McCown played in 9 games in 2005 Lienart played in 12 in 2006 (11 as starter) So yeah.....

Warner still threw for almost 3,000 yards in 2005

And was on 3,000+ pace in 2006 With more TD>int in both years..

he was a turnover MACHINE in those years and drove us to field goals at best and made KILLER TURNOVER AFTER KILLER TURNOVER AFTER KILLER TURNOVER.

And had done the same thing for the Giants and Rams before that.

Dude looked SHOT and THREE separate teams deemed him as such before a new coaching staff and Warner figured out how to right his wrongs. none of that can be debated whatsoever no matter how hard anyone tries.

TJ

Reaction score
That's starts, not complete games :rolleyes:

He still threw for almost 3,000 yards in 2005

And was on 3,000+ pace in 2006 With more TD>int in both years..

Lol this post has nothing to do with anything! You've spun this thing so hard, you can't even follow your own logic anymore!!

You're basically glossing over the fact that when whiz took over, the team got better, with Warner as the quarterback.

As I mentioned to you earlier, much to your dismay, the one variable that changed from 2006 to 2007, when the team records improved, was the head coach. You can continue to give us all sorts of suppositions, hypotheses, and conspiracy theories on how whiz had absolutely nothing to do with the turnaround of the franchise, but in the end, it's the one little variable that I mentioned to you that just makes the most sense; regardless of how bad it hurts you deep down to give Whisenhunt an ounce of credit.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol this post has nothing to do with anything! You've spun this thing so hard, you can't even follow your own logic anymore!!

You're basically glossing over the fact that when whiz took over, the team got better, with Warner as the quarterback.

As I mentioned to you earlier, much to your dismay, the one variable that changed from 2006 to 2007, when the team records improved, was the head coach. You can continue to give us all sorts of suppositions, hypotheses, and conspiracy theories on how whiz had absolutely nothing to do with the turnaround of the franchise, but in the end, it's the one little variable that I mentioned to you that just makes the most sense; regardless of how bad it hurts you deep down to give Whisenhunt an ounce of credit.

Warner won before Whiz.. Whiz hasn't done shiat since Warner retired.

You think the teams primary reason for resembling an NFL franchise was Whiz.... I wholeheartedly think it was Warner once his hand healed and he could hold on to/throw the ball properly again.

Let's just leave it at that?

Last edited:

TJ

Reaction score
Warner won before Whiz.. Whiz hasn't done shiat since Warner retired.

You think the teams primary reason for resembling an NFL franchise was Whiz.... I wholeheartedly think it was Warner once his hand healed and he could hold on to/throw the ball properly again.

Let's just leave it at that?

His hand was fine. He injured it in 2002. You're meaning to tell me it took 5 years for it to finally heal? Even while he was on pace for 3000 yards in 2005, as you've reminded us?

So if it isn't the hand, how did Warner go from losing seasons under Denny to winning seasons under Whiz in AZ?

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Look, KW was exactly what we needed at the right time. He AND Warner helped lift us out of obscurity and begin the climb to becoming a respectable franchise.

Unfortunately, KW was also a coach so set in his ways, so inflexible and utterly predictable, that he was doomed to fail here in the long run. He did well as a coordinator in San Diego, but he went to a situation without an established QB. He's already started the rotation of mediocrity at the position there in Tennessee. I think his ego killed him here, and it will kill him in the long run. It seems he believes his system can work with mediocre talent at QB, but the reality is that ANY system needs a solid, legit starting QB.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His hand was fine. He injured it in 2002. You're meaning to tell me it took 5 years for it to finally heal? Even while he was on pace for 3000 yards in 2005, as you've reminded us?

So if it isn't the hand, how did Warner go from losing seasons under Denny to winning seasons under Whiz in AZ?

McCown played in 9 games in 2005 Lienart played in 12 in 2006

Read it again S L O W L Y

And do you really need to be told the story of Warner and his career saving magic gloves???

His hand was beat to hell, He had a broken finger as well.

Here, watch this for a refresher...

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...7eca7-d353-4ee9-888f-86628d8d3143%7c%7c%7c%7c

TJ

Reaction score

And do you really need to be told the story of Warner and his career saving magic gloves???

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...7eca7-d353-4ee9-888f-86628d8d3143%7c%7c%7c%7c

Don't give me that SLOWLY garbage. You're the one who keeps skipping key points and failing to formulate a cogent argument. I really can't take you seriously anymore.

We all know the story of Warner's hand, but if your entire stance hinges on that, then....well....i hope your visceral hate for Whiz keeps you warm and cozy at night.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Leinart played in 12 games as you said (haven't bothered to check it myself), but did so because Warner was so bad that the coaching staff was forced to make that change.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Don't give me that SLOWLY garbage. You're the one who keeps skipping key points and failing to formulate a cogent argument. I really can't take you seriously anymore.

We all know the story of Warner's hand, but if your entire stance hinges on that, then....well....i hope your visceral hate for Whiz keeps you warm and cozy at night.

Oh wait.. I'm skipping key points?
You say Warner's hand was injured years earlier.. No way that was his issue?

But if you knew what the hell you were talking about, you would know Warner was on record several times mentioning the gloves as the fix for his ball handling issues...

Right?

i hope your visceral hate for Whiz keeps you warm and cozy at night.

Not nearly as warm as your man-love for Whiz I'm guessing.

Let's get back on topic...

Whiz wins opener..... many more to come!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You know the Cards are having a great year when the longest thread going is one on Whiz and the Titans :).

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You know the Cards are having a great year when the longest thread going is one on Whiz and the Titans :).

And you know you posted in this thread 16 times? :D

(I posted 22, well 23 including this one)

What can I say? I agree with you... I'm happy I can bitch about the former coach more than the current. :p

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are people really that desperate to get the last word on this?

Whiz was good enough to get to the Super Bowl not good enough to avoid being fired.

And Bruce Arians thinks Whiz is a good coach. Has said so many times.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are people really that desperate to get the last word on this?

Whiz was good enough to get to the Super Bowl not good enough to avoid being fired.

And Bruce Arians thinks Whiz is a good coach. Has said so many times.

Not me. Whiz was good for awhile, Arians is better. Quick, someone lock this thread.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard