Suns @ Warriors Saturday game thread 2-10-2024

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious, is Curry allowed to squat and cheer at the crowd like that without a technical. This is ridiculous.

This is what I was referring too.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Dude...they are 12-4 their last 16. That's one of the best clips in the NBA. I get it, we think we should play better in games like this. Had Durant or Beal played better we win. Let's not exaggerate.
It's not so much they didn't play well enough, it's more our game plan needs more variation and quicker adjustment.
We were on our way for deep holes if not for Okogie's plays on both ends but particularly on offense in the 2nd qrt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona sports… you gotta laugh to keep from crying.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I actually feel better about this team than I did before the game.

We have some dogs.
We have the better players, just need to get more.

We make our shots, we win this game. That’s about as good as they can look IMO and it still took a filthy shot by the best shooter of all time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. ITS NOT GOOD TO BEat the Warriors, Thunder, Nuggets, and CLippers in a seven game stretch. This team is fools gold and I HATE WHAT I SAW. We are mid-tier, not elite. We are old, cant press, cant defend. THis is horrible.
What this team really needs is DeAndre Ayton, AMiritE?!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Not sure why Bol isn’t the 2nd defender on Steph for that play. Just be a rover at the line and close the distance.

bol, Durant, okogie, O’Neal, Allen. That’s the lineup for that situation imo.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Not sure why Bol isn’t the 2nd defender on Steph for that play. Just be a rover at the line and close the distance.

bol, Durant, okogie, O’Neal, Allen. That’s the lineup for that situation imo.
yeah, even just having Bol or Nurk to block the passing angles of the inbounder

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What this team really needs is DeAndre Ayton, AMiritE?!
Dont ever come at me like this again, I already DENOUNCED Ayton when during the snowed-in incident. Get with the program, or put me on ignore.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but 10-12 on the season against teams currently with a top 8 seed in each conference.

This team has major red flags regardless of record. Honestly I’d rather have a roster like the Lakers come playoff time.

It seems like the games we win are the perfect storm of Beal, Booker & KD ALL hitting their shots. Seems unsustainable, especially come playoffs. This team is way too finesse.
We have only played 20 something games together with the big 3 together. So I don’t put much stock on that either. I think the little time they have had together is the exact symptom you are seeing. Our two new bench guys have been here for ONE GAME. I know it's not ideal but I think we will have a solid idea about who this team is another 15 to 20 games as we approach the end of the season.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont ever come at me like this again, I already DENOUNCED Ayton when during the snowed-in incident. Get with the program, or put me on ignore.
If you’re going to disappear for the overwhelming majority of the last 20ish games when we’ve played well, only to return and act hysterical when we lose on a buzzer beater to an All-Time Legend, you’re gonna get a little ribbing dude.

My advice? Switch to decaf.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you’re going to disappear for the overwhelming majority of the last 20ish games when we’ve played well, only to return and act hysterical when we lose on a buzzer beater to an All-Time Legend, you’re gonna get a little ribbing dude.
I DONT care what YOU personally think, I WILL post WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT, you can gladly put me on ignore if you dont like when and what I post, capise?

Dont think because I couldn't post on game threads I havent been paying attention.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was able to catch ONE game this week, and they lose like this?? YEs this is infuriating. A big game on a big stage. Not everyone can post on every single game threads nor watch it live and I get to watch this game live and they lose. YES it was hearbreaking. THis is the same poster who called out my fandom because I wasnt posting on the SUns forum regularly but no one can call him out on that.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So what’s your prediction for how far they go? Western conference finals? NBA finals?
I dont think this team could beat the THunder, Clips, and Nuggets, in a seven game stretch. Maybe the Kings. Maybe the Warriors but they are peaking at the right time.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont think this team could beat the THunder, Clips, and Nuggets, in a seven game stretch. Maybe the Kings. Maybe the Warriors but they are peaking at the right time.
We haven’t hit our peak yet, and peaking 30 something games before the end of the season isn’t the right time lol. Took an amazing shot from Curry and some terrible officiating not calling blatant fouls on GS to win this game by a single point. Also with Beal and KD not playing all that good. If anything it’s an indictment on Vogel not having Bol or KD OR DOUBLIG. Cody anyway you can, everyone in the freaking building knew who the ball was going to you have to make it nearly impossible for him to be the shooter! Single coverage with Beal diving for the steal was idiotic!

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
GS have much better inbounding sets than we do. Green faked a screen anticipating we wanted to switch everything, to generate hesitation with success. Beal paused and realized KD was not switching which already gave Curry space, and then he gambled and barely missed the steal. Yeah, Okogie may have reacted better in this case, but it's all hindsight. We lost due to lack of sufficient team D accumulated over the whole game.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was able to catch ONE game this week, and they lose like this?? YEs this is infuriating. A big game on a big stage. Not everyone can post on every single game threads nor watch it live and I get to watch this game live and they lose. YES it was hearbreaking. THis is the same poster who called out my fandom because I wasnt posting on the SUns forum regularly but no one can call him out on that.

With how contentious these threads can get if you don't think the Suns will win handedly each night out or buy into the latest excuse if they lose then I don't blame anyone for not wanting to participate in game threads. That's part of the reason I don't participate live often. I can't stress on the team and deal with the in fighting at the same time. I'll pop in after the game is over so I don't let emotions get the better of me.

That said, tough loss but not a bad loss. Tough to win in the bay area, especially with the Warriors gelling. You can't give Steph that clean of a look to win though. Let anyone else beat you.