Suns @ Warriors Saturday game thread 2-10-2024

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently the #6 seed facing Denver the #3 seed. That's a 5-game max series.
If we were talking about a healthy clippers team I might agree, but that was a six game series last year when they were arguably better and we were definitely not as good not to mention ravaged with injuries.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drink the kool aid all you want. This team is significantly underperforming. Not only that they are not build for the playoffs.

-Not physically dominant
-Bad defense
-No depth
Dude...they are 12-4 their last 16. That's one of the best clips in the NBA. I get it, we think we should play better in games like this. Had Durant or Beal played better we win. Let's not exaggerate.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns only committed 1 more turnover than the Warriors. Three point shooting and rebounding is what hurt the worst.

Phoenix was out rebounded by 9 and the Warriors made 6 more threes.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We still HAVE to add a player to get to the minimum 14 required by the NBA. We have two spots open. We could get a couple more bench help guys.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What was Beal thinking is all I keep wondering. Simple basketball, you keep yourself between the shooter and rim.

Lob to Bol would have been my go-to. Just have him stand there under the goal and Green might mug him. There’s no one tall enough to guard that.

Beal wasn’t even screened. He’s out there doing cardio.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We still HAVE to add a player to get to the minimum 14 required by the NBA. We have two spots open. We could get a couple more bench help guys.

The Suns could use another big man. A backup point guard wouldn't hurt either.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns only committed 1 more turnover than the Warriors. Three point shooting and rebounding is what hurt the worst.

Phoenix was out rebounded by 9 and the Warriors made 6 more threes.
Our defense was atrocious for long stretches as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious, is Curry allowed to squat and cheer at the crowd like that without a technical. This is ridiculous.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Calm down, we lost by one on a miracle shot by Steph Curry. And that's with 2 of the big 3 having bad games. Geez.
So what’s your prediction for how far they go? Western conference finals? NBA finals?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest, even if Beal stayed in front of Curry, he still probably hits that shot. We saw him do it during the game.

Almost doesn't count, but that was so close to a steal or batting the ball away by Beal.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Beal wasn’t even screened. He’s out there doing cardio.
Beal wasn't even close on the steal attempt. We should have had our best defenders out there. At the very least Okogie. Come on now. JO was a menace on D tonight. I get showing respect to the players on the court, but not inserting your best defender to guard Curry in this situation is madness. There's a very good chance we'd be celebrating a W right now.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dude...they are 12-4 their last 16. That's one of the best clips in the NBA. I get it, we think we should play better in games like this. Had Durant or Beal played better we win. Let's not exaggerate.
Yeah but 10-12 on the season against teams currently with a top 8 seed in each conference.

This team has major red flags regardless of record. Honestly I’d rather have a roster like the Lakers come playoff time.

It seems like the games we win are the perfect storm of Beal, Booker & KD ALL hitting their shots. Seems unsustainable, especially come playoffs. This team is way too finesse.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Considering how poorly Durant, allen, Bradley Beal, and Gordon shot in this game and all the turnovers in the first half I can't believe we only lost by a crazy three-point shot like that.
Yeah that’s how you have to look at it.

we actually played a good 4th quarter, so that is progress.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. ITS NOT GOOD TO BEat the Warriors, Thunder, Nuggets, and CLippers in a seven game stretch. This team is fools gold and I HATE WHAT I SAW. We are mid-tier, not elite. We are old, cant press, cant defend. THis is horrible.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Beal wasn't even close on the steal attempt. We should have had our best defenders out there. At the very least Okogie. Come on now. JO was a menace on D tonight. I get showing respect to the players on the court, but not inserting your best defender to guard Curry in this situation is madness. There's a very good chance we'd be celebrating a W right now.

Yeah even if Beal is out there there should’ve been more length than Gordon who was on Kuminga.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah but 10-12 on the season against teams currently with a top 8 seed in each conference.

This team has major red flags regardless of record. Honestly I’d rather have a roster like the Lakers come playoff time.

It seems like the games we win are the perfect storm of Beal, Booker & KD ALL hitting their shots. Seems unsustainable, especially come playoffs. This team is way too finesse.
Exactly, I dont care about the record or the win streak, when IT COUNTS, they lose. AND LOSE. This team wont make it out of the first round without home-court advantage. The deep Chris Paul led forth quarter SUns are a thing of the past. Now we got old, turnover proven showboat, cant beat good teams Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors have won 6 of their last 7 games and the loss was to the Hawks in OT.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
The same old main problem on D, we stand around in noman's land after Warriors off. rebounds or scramble situations. Lack of communication or awareness to react on that particularly from Allen got them several open made shots. On the last 3 by Curry, Beal was having a mental blackout to go for steal instead of normal defense.
On offense our big-3 and Nurk got too personal to force 1on1 successes. KD failed too many times against both Wiggins and Peyton. And they knew KD's traits and are well prepared to disrupt our plan, and we had one pass to him with a TO, even when he was already closely double teamed before the pass. Beal got 2 OF calls by going at Poz. It appears Kerr really closely prepared their young players for how to behave in those anticated isos. I don't understand why KD never go to low post when iso small players like Peyton.
RO is not athletic but is a savvy defender and good ball handler. I'd not put him into the starting lineup. But our chance depends on everyone raise their team defense to acceptable say JO and RO level.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen