What should be the asking price be for Hollywood?(Carolina)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sucky thing is we really have no idea what his value here is. Last year he and Kyler barely played together due to injuries, first Hollywood, then Kyler. And this year new offense, and no Kyler yet.

Dobbs is doing a nice job of place holder but he doesn't throw the ball downfield well enough to really take advantage of what Hollywood does. His YPC is actually UP this year but I think it would be better if Kyler were the QB.

But yeah I think there's a very real possibility we end up having to overpay him next year to keep him.
I don’t know if 11 games is barely playing…. After an entire training camp together and 11 games what more were you really gonna find out in the remaining portion of the season?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if 11 games is barely playing…. After an entire training camp together and 11 games what more were you really gonna find out in the remaining portion of the season?

Kyler played 11 games. Hollywood didn't play in all 11 of them. I think they played 8 games together last year and that includes the NE game where Kyler got hurt early?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler played 11 games. Hollywood didn't play in all 11 of them. I think they played 8 games together last year and that includes the NE game where Kyler got hurt early?
I mean just my opinion, but even after eight games together, they should have a pretty good idea of what you got. Hollywood was on a pretty decent pace. In the first four or five games.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder if maybe they would be interested in a veteran tight end !? Lol

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I mean just my opinion, but even after eight games together, they should have a pretty good idea of what you got. Hollywood was on a pretty decent pace. In the first four or five games.
I think this is accurate if we take away the fact that all of those games were coached by Kliff Kingsbury.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I would imagine the best we could get is a 4th or 5th. It's better than nothing, but as has been stated it could be beneficial to see what Kyler can do with him and the other receivers healthy.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Would you rather lose him for nothing or grossly overpay for a good WR, but not even close to being a difference maker?

Because those are the options in front of us.

Sign me up for trading him for a 3rd or higher. Can never have enough draft picks, but you can and this team HAS screwed up its cap on mediocrity plenty of times in the past.
Yeah, and apparently, these guys CAN draft.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure. If we had a #1 WR. But that ain’t Brown and unless you want to pay him as one, he’s an expiring asset.
The entire premise of this thread is that Carolina wants to trade for Brown so that Young has a #1 WR. Brown is also currently the #1 WR on the Cardinals in receptions and yards, and in the top 32 in the league in those categories, which makes him... a #1 WR.

I said nothing about paying him next year. I commented on trading him this year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Want a scorching hot take? Hollywood Brown isn't doing anything that Greg Dortch wouldn't do if given the same opportunity.

The Dortch takes round here are Walter worthy.

Do you think this staff who have no issue playing anyone, no matter the name on their shirt, if they are good enough have given zero offensive snaps to Dortch because he's as good as Marquise?

He can't take snaps off Rondale. Heck, he can't snaps off Pascal.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Dortch takes round here are Walter worthy.

Do you think this staff who have no issue playing anyone, no matter the name on their shirt, if they are good enough have given zero offensive snaps to Dortch because he's as good as Marquise?

He can't take snaps off Rondale. Heck, he can't snaps off Pascal.
Yep it's pure lunacy. I think Dortch can play, but he's a tiny possession receiver that only a very bad football team would start.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a deranged take. Of course he has. He's scored multiple long TDs. Dortch has 482 career receiving yards. Don't be ridiculous.
And he got 281 (80, 103, 98) of the 482 yards in 3 games. All three were loses with his best career game of 10 receptions and 103 yards in a 38-10 lose to the 49ers. Those are garbage time stats from McCoy and McSorley.

Career
27 games
52 receptions
482 receiving yards
2 TD

3 games
Record 0-3
28 receptions
281 yards
2 TD

24 other games
Record 8-16
24 receptions (1 reception a game)
201 yards (8 yards a game)
0 TD

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think it's important to note that this rumor is coming from a site that has displayed very questionable accuracy in the past. Like John Skelton level accuracy.

That being said, it would be tough to turn down Carolina's 2nd rounder.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're not trading K1's OU homeboy and best friend on the team. Lol...
Well, if they’re not trading him simply because he’s his ex college homeboy, and a friend, then their priorities are off and probably shouldn’t be in their positions…

And that’s not me advocating for a trade that’s just saying it’s the silliest reason ever not to…

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yep it's pure lunacy. I think Dortch can play, but he's a tiny possession receiver that only a very bad football team would start.

1) We are a very bad football team.

2) Hollywood is 5'9"; Dortch is 5'7". This is not a meaningful distinction.

3) Dortch and Hollywood's yards per target is almost identical, despite Hollywood having a 11.5 ADOT compared to Dortch's anemic 4.5.

Obviously because Dortch's snap count is so low, it's impossible to make much of a meaningful statistical case between them. My argument is not that Dortch should be starting over Brown; there's no reason for that. But I'd rather give Brown's snaps to Dortch this season when we're bad and collect a second-round pick from Carolina.

There's nothing special about Hollywood Brown, and he's had a ton of opportunities to show that there is.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) We are a very bad football team.

2) Hollywood is 5'9"; Dortch is 5'7". This is not a meaningful distinction.

3) Dortch and Hollywood's yards per target is almost identical, despite Hollywood having a 11.5 ADOT compared to Dortch's anemic 4.5.

Obviously because Dortch's snap count is so low, it's impossible to make much of a meaningful statistical case between them. My argument is not that Dortch should be starting over Brown; there's no reason for that. But I'd rather give Brown's snaps to Dortch this season when we're bad and collect a second-round pick from Carolina.

There's nothing special about Hollywood Brown, and he's had a ton of opportunities to show that there is.
That's fair!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The entire premise of this thread is that Carolina wants to trade for Brown so that Young has a #1 WR.

Nowhere does the tweet… you know… the entire premise of the thread… say anything that claims Brown is a #1 WR.

Nowhere in that tweet does is say Carolina considers Brown a #1 WR. Which is for good reason. Because he’s not.

Brown is also currently the #1 WR on the Cardinals in receptions and yards, and in the top 32 in the league in those categories, which makes him... a #1 WR.

You’re really gonna make this a semantics argument? This is beneath you, Dave. I guess the 32nd ranked running back is a legit #1 RB too and his value should be treated accordingly as a number 1.

I said nothing about paying him next year. I commented on trading him this year.

you can’t separate this season from what happens after when talking about an expiring asset.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Well, if they’re not trading him simply because he’s his ex college homeboy, and a friend, then their priorities are off and probably shouldn’t be in their positions…

And that’s not me advocating for a trade that’s just saying it’s the silliest reason ever not to…

All I'm saying is that it tips the balance some on the scales of whether to trade Brown or not.

Sure, if somebody wants to overpay for Brown, ARZ should take it. But Murray's friendship with Hollywood would make the required compensation higher, probably enough so that there won't be a deal.

I'll give you last word my friend! :)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
That's why a good organization (Ravens) were more than happy to take a first rounder for a guy they had no interest in paying.

Is there a person in the world that thinks "Hollywood" is worth top 10 WR money?