What should be the asking price be for Hollywood?(Carolina)

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A #1…at least
We're not getting a #1. He is a FA after this year. If the new team franchises him, it's $20 million. There is a decent chance he doesn't extend with a Carolina who is in a rebuild and Carolina isn't paying him $20 million. I'm not sure he makes sense for them, but we'd be lucky to get a 2nd, but a 3rd is more likely.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hollywood is a UFA at the end of the season -- probably wont get you a 1. Especially when Carolina doesnt have one next year.

odd that winless Carolina is looking to make a trade
Well, that’s what I’d ask for at this time. We are still weeks away from the trade deadline so we are in no hurry to trade anybody at this point.
Too many feel good things going on to trade away Brown especially after the way him and this offense has been clicking.

Reactions: PJ1

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're not getting a #1. He is a FA after this year. If the new team franchises him, it's $20 million. There is a decent chance he doesn't extend with a Carolina who is in a rebuild and Carolina isn't paying him $20 million. I'm not sure he makes sense for them, but we'd be lucky to get a 2nd, but a 3rd is more likely.
So u keep him and try to extend him if the price Is reasonable otherwise u get the third or fourth with thè compensatory pick

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that’s what I’d ask for at this time. We are still weeks away from the trade deadline so we are in no hurry to trade anybody at this point.
Too many feel good things going on to trade away Brown especially after the way him and this offense has been clicking.
They don't have one this year. They traded it to Chicago. I wouldn't want a 1st in 2025.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not trading him right now. We have draft choices up the kazoo.
Would you rather lose him for nothing or grossly overpay for a good WR, but not even close to being a difference maker?

Because those are the options in front of us.

Sign me up for trading him for a 3rd or higher. Can never have enough draft picks, but you can and this team HAS screwed up its cap on mediocrity plenty of times in the past.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Firstly, the Twitter account is always making stuff up. So this is almost certainly nonsense.

He only has 13 games left under contract so a new deal would need to be part of the trade.

His value really comes down to what that deal is, but I don't see it being more than a 4th.

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Would you rather lose him for nothing or grossly overpay for a good WR, but not even close to being a difference maker?

Because those are the options in front of us.

Sign me up for trading him for a 3rd or higher. Can never have enough draft picks, but you can and this team HAS screwed up its cap on mediocrity plenty of times in the past.
Let him play out the season. I would consider a trade for a 2nd at the trade deadline depending on where things are.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Lowest I'd go is a 2025 third; we have plenty of 2024 third-round picks to play with. I think if offered a second you'd have to jump at the chance. Don't have much use for a fourth round pick.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The point of the Panthers looking to trade for a #1 caliber WR is so that they can better support and evaluate Bryce Young.

Doesn't the same apply to the Cardinals with Murray this season... especially considering that Brown is his "buddy" with whom he has on-field chemistry as well?
Also, having Hollywood helps our future #1 Wilson develop.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lowest I'd go is a 2025 third; we have plenty of 2024 third-round picks to play with. I think if offered a second you'd have to jump at the chance. Don't have much use for a fourth round pick.
You don’t have much use for fourth round picks, but you were not happy the Cardinals traded a fifth for Dobbs??? Weird take…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The point of the Panthers looking to trade for a #1 caliber WR is so that they can better support and evaluate Bryce Young.

Doesn't the same apply to the Cardinals with Murray this season... especially considering that Brown is his "buddy" with whom he has on-field chemistry as well?
Sure. If we had a #1 WR. But that ain’t Brown and unless you want to pay him as one, he’s an expiring asset.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Sure. If we had a #1 WR. But that ain’t Brown and unless you want to pay him as one, he’s an expiring asset.
presumably if / when he leaves, he turns into a 2025 4th or 5th round pick

Jakester

Rookie
Reaction score
Throw in the fact that the cards will possibly get a comp 3rd if they let him walk next offseason (if we use Kirk as a barometer) I think they should only consider moving him for a 2nd or a 3rd plus another pick or two at the very least.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d rather have Hollywood for the rest of the year and collect a third-round comp pick value than a fourth.

I don’t really see how this take is inconsistent.
While I agree in theory we could
Easily sign someone ourselves this off season that negates the 3rd no?