What should be the asking price be for Hollywood?(Carolina)

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe, but maybe we won’t for any number of reasons. We’ll see.
Inquiring minds want to know. What other FAs beside Brown do we have that teams will be paying big money for.

What other rules allow us to get a decent FA class and still get a comp pick for Brown.

If Monti has another FA like this past year then we will all be darksiders.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Hollywood is a UFA at the end of the season -- probably wont get you a 1. Especially when Carolina doesnt have one next year.

odd that winless Carolina is looking to make a trade
They say when you push it back a year the pick loses a round of value.
So trade him for a 2025 first...equivalent to a 2024 2nd.

But I think we plan to keep him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I guess the Cardinals could use their almost $70 million on re-signing players or after the initial wave after players no longer count?

I doubt that.
They could trade Kyler and have to eat all of the cap hit. That's the most obvious way this happens.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The point of the Panthers looking to trade for a #1 caliber WR is so that they can better support and evaluate Bryce Young.

Doesn't the same apply to the Cardinals with Murray this season... especially considering that Brown is his "buddy" with whom he has on-field chemistry as well?
I think it's pure fantasy that the Cardinals would trade him when they still need to evaluate Murray.

Hollywood had played pretty well in this system and I'm excited to see what he can do with Murray.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sucky thing is we really have no idea what his value here is. Last year he and Kyler barely played together due to injuries, first Hollywood, then Kyler. And this year new offense, and no Kyler yet.

Dobbs is doing a nice job of place holder but he doesn't throw the ball downfield well enough to really take advantage of what Hollywood does. His YPC is actually UP this year but I think it would be better if Kyler were the QB.

But yeah I think there's a very real possibility we end up having to overpay him next year to keep him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The sucky thing is we really have no idea what his value here is. Last year he and Kyler barely played together due to injuries, first Hollywood, then Kyler. And this year new offense, and no Kyler yet.

Dobbs is doing a nice job of place holder but he doesn't throw the ball downfield well enough to really take advantage of what Hollywood does. His YPC is actually UP this year but I think it would be better if Kyler were the QB.

But yeah I think there's a very real possibility we end up having to overpay him next year to keep him.
I thought it was interesting watching Brown run a deeper route against the Niners and not making the catch and then a play or two later watching a similar route where Wilson made the catch after putting a stutter step on the DB.

Brown will never be the player he was in college, but I think he can be used better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison