Froholdt

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
speaking of centers we know nothing about: what happened to Lecitus Smith?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There seems a lot of certainty that Froholdt is going to suck while in another thread people are arguing nothing is absolute.

Froholdt is a guard by trade. He never played Center until last year. When the Brown's had a raft of injuries at the position they started working Froholdt out at center and the 4 games he played there last year were his first games there without much practice.

Petzing must have seen enough to think that with some more training at the position he could be good at it.

For those certain it's going to be bad consider Jake Brendel, the Niners starting Center. Brendel is a 30 year old former UDFA on his 5th team that before last year with the Niners had started 3 games in the league and played 250 snaps.

I'm sure Niners fans were much like us last offseason wondering why this no name scrub that bounced around the league was starting at C for them by design. He allowed 1 sack all year and the Niners went to the NFCCG.

Froholdt started 4 games at C last year and the Browns won 3 of them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goodyear Card

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
Who gets excited for centers? :)
If we signed a quality starting center. I would be excited. Froholdt was the Browns 4t center and he sucked. Now he is our #1 center. It is possible with our college coaches he can become a starter and I might win the lottery tomorrow. Not sure which is more likely.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Petzing must have seen enough to think that with some more training at the position he could be good at it.

For those certain it's going to be bad consider Jake Brendel, the Niners starting Center. Brendel is a 30 year old former UDFA on his 5th team that before last year with the Niners had started 3 games in the league and played 250 snaps.

I'm sure Niners fans were much like us last offseason wondering why this no name scrub that bounced around the league was starting at C for them by design. He allowed 1 sack all year and the Niners went to the NFCCG

Froholdt started 4 games at C last year and the Browns won 3 of them.
This is the worst attempted reasoning I've seen on this board in years - it doesn't matter how lucky the whiners got on some fluke find - it doesn't have anything to do with us - truth is Froholdt doesn't make sense unless the plan is to lose - just give it a rest already

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now a poster needs to watch tape to not like a player? lol He doesn't want to pimp Froholdt as a starter. I feel that's a reasonable take. And I didn't watch "tape" on him :)

I was making a point that a lot of people seem to have decided what he is without watching a single snap of him play. So I was just wondering what this rock solid opinion was based on.

OP
OP
Goodyear Card

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
What are you basing that on? How much Hjalte Froholdt Brown's tape have you watched?
It is in the link you posted.

The Browns at one point had their top three centers – Nick Harris, Ethan Pocic and Michael Dunn – all on Injured Reserve (and a fourth, rookie Dawson Deaton, was on IR from the preseason). Froholdt was forced to start four games at a position he had never played.

He had 7 sacks, tied for 1st in the league and 5 penalties, 13th in the league. on 592 snaps. Sorry, I don't have a link, this came from another poster. This might not be as important as the fact that the Browns won three of the four games, he started but is it possible other players were factors in the Browns winning and not that Froholdt started at center. I know the Browns are a pathetic organization, but it is hard to believe they would let a player go who was so important to their success.

I guess we will just have to disagree on this topic.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I was making a point that a lot of people seem to have decided what he is without watching a single snap of him play. So I was just wondering what this rock solid opinion was based on.
That no one else in the NFL valued him enough to give him a contract with more than two years and $2 million in guarantees.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison