Froholdt

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Yes. If you live in a fantasy land where this happens you can go on forever reaping multiple first round picks on this trade. The NFL is exactly like the stock market.

Again, it's more likely that we end up with picks 6 and 14 than 2 and 5 next year.

Yes, but if there are 40,000 entrants to the raffle, the improvement of chances is so extremely minor as to not functionally matter. I just don't get so many people counting their chickens before they've hatched.
The man just literally just said it can't go on forever. But that you can take advantage of it while you can. But yet he's living in fantasy land???

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Washington, Falcons, Bears and Texans are the only games I see us having a chance of winning. Does not mean we win all 4 games. I don't see us winning a division game. could happen but not likely. I see are upside at 2 wins.
We're not beating Houston next year, because we're going to the game. If we can keep @Buckybird away we might have a chance... :cool:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
did some reading on Froholdt. he was a late starter to football... came over as a transfer student.. in college they tried him at defense also. since he has been in the nfl he has been working his way off the practice squad...got some PT and a couple starts. Maybe petzig knows more about him and he is ready to be productive... or maybe he just likes the kids story and wanted to see him get paid. Guess we will wait and see.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While I agree the odds of roholdt being good are slim I think it's important to recognise that Kyler has played a tonne of productive football with garbage centers.

2019 - AQ Shipley - 57.6 PFF grade
2020 - Mason Cole - 54.4 PFF grade
2020 - Lamont Gaillard for 2.5 games - 48.1 PFF grade

Even when Hudson got here in '21 he only played 16 out of 32 games. He's had 5 games with Harlow at C and 11 games with Garcia at C the last 2 years and won more than 50% of those games.

Lamont Gaillard's only 2 career starts and 46 snaps in a 3rd game came in 2020 for the Cards and we won 2 of those games and lost the other by 3 points. And that 2020 roster was trash.

So yes, while I absolutely agree we probably need to upgrade at C I also think too much is being put into it. Like Froholdt at C automatically means the O line will be trash.

Kyler has more wins with bad centers (14) than good centers (11).

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
While I agree the odds of roholdt being good are slim I think it's important to recognise that Kyler has played a tonne of productive football with garbage centers.

Even when Hudson got here in '21 he only played 16 out of 32 games. He's had 5 games with Harlow at C and 11 games with Garcia at C the last 2 years and won more than 50% of those games.

Lamont Gaillard's only 2 career starts and 46 snaps in a 3rd game came in 2020 for the Cards and we won 2 of those games and lost the other by 3 points. And that 2020 roster was trash.

So yes, while I absolutely agree we probably need to upgrade at C I also think too much is being put into it. Like Froholdt at C automatically means the O line will be trash.

Froholdt IS trash at Center - that's undisputable - and because Murray has had garbage Centers in the past - that makes Froholdt okay? And the games Hudson started and missed, where's the win/loss record there (when Hudson was healthy)?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I think you're not understanding the point.
Again, my comprehension is fine. Kyler's won some games with bad Centers. Doesn't mean we should want a bad Center. He actually plays better under good Centers, like every other QB on the planet, and is less likely to be injured through contact or having to scramble this season. Are you understanding my point yet?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think the point was fairly clear.

Murray has mostly played with bad centers. It might not be the apocalypse that some are forecasting if Murray again plays with a bad center.
And I view it as excuse making for bad roster construction and inviting pressure up the middle in a year where that's a really bad risk to take. So he's played well--in stretches, not over a whole season, and he's still gotten injured quite a lot--with bad centers. It's pretty clear we need a center that's not on this roster.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
And I view it as excuse making for bad roster construction and inviting pressure up the middle in a year where that's a really bad risk to take. So he's played well--in stretches, not over a whole season, and he's still gotten injured quite a lot--with bad centers. It's pretty clear we need a center that's not on this roster.
Our new GM and his trusty side Sears are supposed to be all about the O-line - only reasoning I can think of is them trying to keep tank mode intact - and I get that. But I think they value quality Centers as much as some of us do, they're just waiting. which is fine, I like low draft picks too lol

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I think the point was fairly clear.

Murray has mostly played with bad centers. It might not be the apocalypse that some are forecasting if Murray again plays with a bad center.
Nobody said anything about an apocalypse but do your thing. Just saying Froholdt sucks and Gaines isn't even ready to suck.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Again, my comprehension is fine. Kyler's won some games with bad Centers. Doesn't mean we should want a bad Center.
Again poor reading comprehension.

No where is it stated that anyone wants a bad center.
He actually plays better under good Centers, like every other QB on the planet, and is less likely to be injured through contact or having to scramble this season. Are you understanding my point yet?
I get your point. You're just misrepresenting what he is saying.

The Cardinals center position isn't likely to be good, but there is precedence of it not being a total disaster either.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Again poor reading comprehension.

No where is it stated that anyone wants a bad center.

I get your point. You're just misrepresenting what he is saying.

The Cardinals center position isn't likely to be good, but there is precedence of it not being a total disaster either.
You need to stop with the comprehension comments

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I love this kind of misleading data. 14>11. True statement. 11/16=69%. 14/41=34%.

So good center equals winning 69% of games. Roughly a 12-5 record.

Bad center equals winning 34% of games. Roughly a 6-11 record.

Good talk.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I love this kind of misleading data. 14>11. True statement. 11/16=69%. 14/41=34%.

So good center equals winning 69% of games. Roughly a 12-5 record.

Bad center equals winning 34% of games. Roughly a 6-11 record.

Good talk.
But how many of those games was he missing his LT, LG, RG, and a slew of other players?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard