Suns @ Mavericks Sunday game thread 3-5-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imo there’s no doubt the last drive by doncic was an offensive foul. And book was clearly talking to the ref. Was he saying something doncic wouldn’t like? Clearly. But he wasn’t going at doncic. Doncic rushing him fact to face and initiating contact should’ve been an immediate technical on him. Book getting one too was a joke.

Yes. Doncic is the one who initiated physical contact with Booker.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to think that but I just can't imagine the refs adjusting for the golden boy.
Oh I'm sure you're probably right. But Monty Williams (despite how we torch him on this forum) is very well respected throughout the league and with the media. So I figure if Coach went ballistic and got himself tossed, it might be like that scene in Blazing Saddles where the Governor says "we've gotta protect our phony baloney jobs" and start pretending there's actually two teams on the court.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Luka games are always called with the offense making space by ramming into defenders. Just think, without having that move in his arsenal, Luka cannot score. You can't have a game where the main star cannot score "because of the refs." So I have noticed the Mavs games are always called differently.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker is a great closer.

KD is other-worldly.

for that, we gave up Mikal (with Okogie sliding into his role) and Cam. We could use Cam Johnson right now. That shooting would be a real help.

Worry about the picks later.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker is a great closer.

KD is other-worldly.

for that, we gave up Mikal (with Okogie sliding into his role) and Cam. We could use Cam Johnson right now. That shooting would be a real help.

Worry about the picks later.

I wouldn't dismiss giving up Mikal Bridges so casually.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jock Landale played well surprised Ayton came back in so soon. Dallas loses big if Hardaway Jr. doesn't go off and I'm surprised Irving didnt take the last shot. After playing one QT Doncic is gassed the rest of the game. He sits in the box on defense is there not a 5 second rule? Feels good to be a Suns fan.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We win this with Mikal? I think score is flipped with him...with KD we see why the trade was made

A trade is evaluated over the course of years. Tell me what you think about 8 years from now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I wouldn’t minimize Kevin Durant so casually either.
It’s very confusing to me… especially after actually seeing how incredible he is on the court, at both ends… while completely ignoring the fact that this team with Mikal and Cam got humiliated at the end of last year and had been mediocre with Booker/Mikal/Ayton at the beginning of the year and then became absolutely atrocious when the team was leaning on Mikal, Cam and Ayton. Not just bad, but 5-17 AWFUL.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s very confusing to me… especially after actually seeing how incredible he is on the court, at both ends… while completely ignoring the fact that this team with Mikal and Cam got humiliated at the end of last year and had been mediocre with Booker/Mikal/Ayton at the beginning of the year and then became absolutely atrocious when the team was leaning on Mikal, Cam and Ayton. Not just bad, but 5-17 AWFUL.

We were 13-4 with Cam and Mikal in the lineup and on a 9-2 run at the time of the trade.

We gotta win a title, if we don't win a title in the next couple years an early March win back in 2023 isn't going to make me swoon when I think back.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard