Niners at Cardinals gameday thread 11-21-22

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The only reason the offense is trash is because Kliff sucks at actual play calling. The play designs are usually really good...it just becomes easier to defend when you call sideline passes 90% of the time. The Cards need a play caller who won't just call downfield passes, but will insist on them, to open up the defense.
While I like the nuance you have mentioned here, there's another big reason the offense is trash this year.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I am always quoting you Russ sorry to be such a fanboy. :)

But I think you’re right (again) and that maybe Colt tightened up a little after the interception.

Did you get a chance to review that play? I’m traveling and I haven’t had a chance to look at again. In the game thread some people said good throw others said bad throw.

But again it was an awful spot for McCoy. Thrown to the wolves is a perfect way to say it, and I’m angry with our franchise at the moment.

To be clear I'm not criticizing Colt at a certain point it was obvious he was beat up and I have no idea why Kliff left him in. I honestly thought he was hurt BEFORE the cheapshot by Bosa, but after that he was clearly hurt. There was that weird play where he started to slide and then got hit you could see his head snap back and the announcers both commented.

Colt doesn't have a strong arm and the 49ers realized he wasn't going to go over the top due to that and lack of pass pro so they just teed off on our WR's and the run game. There were a few plays where Colt IMO just threw the ball quickly because he was going to get hit and if he'd have looked, Hop was open. But as we said in the game thread that's true of every QB in every game, just in this one it was literally the only chance we had, Colt had be damn near perfect to move the ball

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the throw was behind Conner, Conner got one hand on it and tipped it up while reaching back. Those things happen and Conner could have made a better effort to stop and try to move his body backwards, but it was a bad throw.
Ball should have been caught. No doubt.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I turned the tv off after the interception because I knew then the Whiners would win….did Colt get hurt? If so how bad? Or was he pulled? I saw McSorely took snaps at the stats.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those who might have missed, the imaginary face mask penalty on the Cardinals.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose