I am not saying Colt is great (he is not) but..

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right but the point I'm making is Colt didn't look better than Kyler because Conner got more carries. Conner got more carries because we had the lead, because Colt played well.
Point being we ran it and weren’t third and long constantly as it seems we are when he throws sideways screens constantly when Kyler playing and puts us behind the sticks continuously…

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed with the bolded here. Nobody is saying Colt is the better QB. The sensible takes are that it's really troubling that KM can't get this offense going while CM could. Which is indeed troubling.
That’s exactly what some people are saying! Lol. Reading some of these pasta are ridiculous he played well against a team phoning it in that’s all beat up. Yes I know the defense isn’t beat up but they hardly played like the defense that usually kills us, nothing you can say would convince me their D line played their usual game yesterday. Colt had a good game great but he is not better and would lead this team no where in the long term. He did his job and filled in for an injured QB that has more talent than he EVER has, having said that of course he should use Colt and learn as much as he can. Many QBs aren’t in their prime early in their careers it takes years sometimes for them to learn to read and have a grasp of NFL defenses…

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That’s exactly what some people are saying! Lol. Reading some of these pasta are ridiculous he played well against a team phoning it in that’s all beat up.
The Rams defense HASN'T been phoning it in. They are mostly healthy.
Yes I know the defense isn’t beat up but they hardly played like the defense that usually kills us, nothing you can say would convince me their D line played their usual game yesterday.
Nothing can convince you? Then what's the point of talking to you?
Colt had a good game great but he is not better and would lead this team no where in the long term.
Colt is 3-1 as a starter for the Cardinals. Why can't Murray do the same thing over the same stretches that McCoy played?
He did his job and filled in for an injured QB that has more talent than he EVER has, having said that of course he should use Colt and learn as much as he can. Many QBs aren’t in their prime early in their careers it takes years sometimes for them to learn to read and have a grasp of NFL defenses…
No one is saying that McCoy is more talented than Murray. What people are saying is that McCoy is much better at the intricacies of playing QB: presnap reads, pocket maneuverability, going through his progressions. Kliff's system is a QB friendly system. As others have shown, there are plenty of WIDE OPEN receivers every week, so you know there are plays to be made. Colt is just doing a better job of playing to the system and not making mistakes.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
NO he didn’t just play that team get serious, back up Qb with zero offense and a D that hardly played a similar game lol their Dline was destroying us last game unlike this game they seemed to occasionally try if that. Your telling me our banged up line is stopping Donald lol he was going thru the motions out there…
GIVE ME A break! I would like you to ask Donald if he was just "going thru the motions" out there. And see what kind of an answer he gives you! I bet you wouldn't like the answer he gives you.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Rams defense HASN'T been phoning it in. They are mostly healthy.

Nothing can convince you? Then what's the point of talking to you?

Colt is 3-1 as a starter for the Cardinals. Why can't Murray do the same thing over the same stretches that McCoy played?

No one is saying that McCoy is more talented than Murray. What people are saying is that McCoy is much better at the intricacies of playing QB: presnap reads, pocket maneuverability, going through his progressions. Kliff's system is a QB friendly system. As others have shown, there are plenty of WIDE OPEN receivers every week, so you know there are plays to be made. Colt is just doing a better job of playing to the system and not making mistakes.
Don’t talk to me then I don’t care lol. I’m not some delusional fan that thinks we played a good team yesterday! The Rams barely showed up yesterday…

Reactions: urs

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
GIVE ME A break! I would like you to ask Donald if he was just "going thru the motions" out there. And see what kind of an answer he gives you! I bet you wouldn't like the answer he gives you.
Sure because they would actually say they weren’t going all out because the O was pathetic and they knew they had little chance to win lol… good one ask him hahaha

Reactions: urs

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Some of you may be too young (or too old) to remember, but it was just 3-4 decades ago when owners and coaches wondered and debated whether black players were smart enough to ever QB an NFL team. For some reason the sum total of this thread reminds me of that stereotypical debate from last century of the physically superior yet less smart, lazy, unreliable black QB (KM) compared to the less athletic, yet more studious, aware, reliable white QB (CM).

I am glad I lived long enough to see the progress we have made in our backward thinking country, yet horrified that I have lived long enough to see things reversing in the hearts and minds of the right wing "Make America White (I mean Great) Again" populace.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Don’t talk to me then I don’t care lol. I’m not some delusional fan that thinks we played a good team yesterday! The Rams barely showed up yesterday…
Good or bad is irrelevant. Kyler has played good teams and bad teams and has largely been bad against both. Colt wasn't bad and had the offense relatively humming. This says a lot about how Kyler has been doing with the same offense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Some of you may be too young (or too old) to remember, but it was just 3-4 decades ago when owners and coaches wondered and debated whether black players were smart enough to ever QB an NFL team. For some reason the sum total of this thread reminds me of that stereotypical debate from last century of the physically superior yet less smart, lazy, unreliable black QB (KM) compared to the less athletic, yet more studious, aware, reliable white QB (CM).

I am glad I lived long enough to see the progress we have made in our backward thinking country, yet horrified that I have lived long enough to see things reversing in the hearts and minds of the right wing "Make America White (I mean Great) Again" populace.
Bro take this to P&R.

Plenty of liberal minded people are questioning Murray's mental make up and NOT because of the color of his skin. I find your post highly insulting.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
No one is saying the Rams are good, but Murray struggles to do what Colt easily did yesterday.

I'm a huge Murray fan and I tend to believe he will figure it out in the long run, but he's played like butt most of the year.

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score
The fact that people are debating if the Cardinals are better off with a career backup QB clearly shows how bad of a decision it was for the front office to give Kyler top 3 QB money and a 5 year deal. The reality that some do not want to come to terms with is that Kyler will never live up to his first overall draft pick / 230 million dollar price tag. We simply have a highly overpaid gadget player as our franchise QB.

urs

All Star
Reaction score

I've been told that pointing out people using notoriously racist stereotypes in regards to our black QB is off limits.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There will never be equality until you can criticise someone for their performance and attitude without someone playing the race card.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Yeah, no, just no lol Trying to cry "They'we mean to poow wittle Kywer Muwway because wace" is ridiculous and troll-worthy. Kyler has earned all the criticism he's getting through poor play and not being prepared for games. Race has got nothing at all to do with it.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Yeah, no, just no lol Trying to cry "They'we mean to poow wittle Kywer Muwway because wace" is ridiculous and troll-worthy. Kyler has earned all the criticism he's getting through poor play and not being prepared for games. Race has got nothing at all to do with it.

Yeah. I have no idea where even race came into the picture.

Who else in here wouldn't take the other black OU QB in Jalen Hurts this VERY instant for KM AND CM? How about Lamar Jackson? Hell, I'd even take Geno Smith over KM right now. Even though KM *should* have a better potential, between GS and KM, there's only one of them that is proving it on the field.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kyler seems to have lost the local press. Here is Greg Moore arguing that Colt should be the new starter, and Kyler should take his time coming back from the injury and use the time to learn...

“The execution side of what we did offensively worked. There’s a lot that played into it. I thought the offensive line did an outstanding job … I was playing with four guys I’ve never played with before. I just wanted to take care of them. They took care of me and played outstanding.”

-Colt McCoy

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“The execution side of what we did offensively worked. There’s a lot that played into it. I thought the offensive line did an outstanding job … I was playing with four guys I’ve never played with before. I just wanted to take care of them. They took care of me and played outstanding.”

-Colt McCoy
That's a true leader of men

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Whatever flaws Kyler has in his preparation, body language, technique...

Should have been being ironed out by the coaches from Day 1 onwards. That's their entire job.

Kyler's got enough talent to get by as is (and get us some wins) even with some flaws in his make-up. So we as an organisation have allowed his shortcomings to fester.

Weak coaching staff. Not astute enough to know what's missing from his game. Not demanding enough.

And if he can't do it (or won't do it) then don't contract him.

We've gone all in on Murray (rightly or wrongly) which means new coach/offensive coordinator required.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Warning sent

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Whatever flaws Kyler has in his preparation, body language, technique...

Should have been being ironed out by the coaches from Day 1 onwards. That's their entire job.

Kyler's got enough talent to get by as is (and get us some wins) even with some flaws in his make-up. So we as an organisation have allowed his shortcomings to fester.

Weak coaching staff. Not astute enough to know what's missing from his game. Not demanding enough.

And if he can't do it (or won't do it) then don't contract him.

We've gone all in on Murray (rightly or wrongly) which means new coach/offensive coordinator required.
This is hilarious. Murray is a highly paid professional athlete. His coaches have better things to do than become body language doctors.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That’s exactly what some people are saying! Lol. Reading some of these pasta are ridiculous he played well against a team phoning it in that’s all beat up. Yes I know the defense isn’t beat up but they hardly played like the defense that usually kills us, nothing you can say would convince me their D line played their usual game yesterday. Colt had a good game great but he is not better and would lead this team no where in the long term. He did his job and filled in for an injured QB that has more talent than he EVER has, having said that of course he should use Colt and learn as much as he can. Many QBs aren’t in their prime early in their careers it takes years sometimes for them to learn to read and have a grasp of NFL defenses…
Wrong, pasta is always great :)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not some delusional fan that thinks we played a good team yesterday! The Rams barely showed up yesterday…
Strawman. Who is actually saying the Rams are a good team? The vast majority have made no such argument.