Hollywood Brown Arrested on Criminal Speeding Charges (126 MPH per Trooper)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also think a lot of us are just beyond sick and tired of bad news with this team. And there has just been a lot of it in the last 10 months… even for the Cardinals.

They were an absolute disaster to end last season.

Then they started the off-season by rewarding the people in charge of captaining that disastrous end to the season with double fisted 5 year extensions that a lot of us thought were really questionable. Then there was an embarassing war of words between the team and the agent for our QBOTF that dragged the team through the mud. Then the team did next to nothing in FA. Then one of the leaders of the team got busted for PEDs and got suspended for 6 games. Then one of their only FA signings killed someone else and himself in a criminal speeding accident. Then, even when they got Kyler signed to a deal, that deal became the mockery of the entire league for multiple news cycles. And now our only big ticket aquisition of the off-season just got arrested.

It’s just a bunch of really ugly news coming off the heels of an embarrassing end to last season.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I used to foolishly drive to laughlin and vegas going 120 in my turbo charged AWD Eagle Talon. This was when younger back in the 80s. Radar detector saved me a couple times. Got pulled over a different time but cop didn't write me up, I guess cause I was honest with him. Told him he got me and that I was going 72 in a 55 and was glad he clocked me when he did because I had just turned on the highway and hadn't even taken it out of 3rd gear yet. He walked me back to his car and showed me his radar gun reading 72. Just glad he wasn't a mile further down the road. Is so, he would have got me at about 100 or my radar would have gone off well in time for me to slow down.

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
They need to start putting these kids money in a trust until they prove they are mature enough to handle it and life in general. Nothing whatsoever matters to these guys. They know they will make 100 million plus by time they are 30, so they figure they will never have to pay much for any consequences in their life or take any meaningful responsibility. So they get fined several thousand, or sued for a million. They don't care at all. They will be given as many chances as necessary as long as they can play at a high enough level.

The NFL and other sports owners should simply take away their drivers licences and give each of their players access to a full time driver/chauffeured limousine as part of their contract and insist they use it to go anywhere they need or want to while under contract. That way also the owners will know where each goes and what he is up to each day and night.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Driving 126 mph down a public roadway endangering others is never OK. And no I never did something That blatantly stupid that endangers the lives of other people around me….

This is assuming there were others around him.

Most people won't do those kinds of speeds with other people around because someone might report it. But hit a stretch of empty road and maybe you think "let's see what this baby can do".

When your in your early 20's like is about pushing your boundaries and trying new things. If you are a pro footballer that can't get a way with most of what normal 24 year olds do you push the limits where you can. It's human nature.

One of the few areas young players can push the limits is with speed. I'm not saying it's smart, but 24 year olds aren't smart.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Even then it’s a bit frightening bc minute errors are magnified. Speaking from my 1993 RX-7 and 1991 carrera cabriolet experience (never max either out near 160mph as it simply got too harry around 120)(Haven’t pushed the Ghibli that far).
Wait, is this a thread to annihilate a young man, or a thread to show off your toys????

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Considering Ruggs and Gladney, let alone the dangers in driving, Brown should be completely ashamed. This has much more off the field implications than playing a game.

The end of last year was filled with so much frustration and disbelief. I wanted to reset this year with a little less investment as a fan. But this offseason is just another reminder of the pain and a joke it is to be a Cardinal fan.

On the bright side, luckily I am not a Browns fan. I would have rescended my fandom with them after the mess they created. I will say the Cardinals really do push my limits as as fan. It truly feels like a curse.

I never considered myself a masochist, but I digress.

You didn't 'digress' unless the next paragraph was going to outline a penchant for dog collars, handcuffs, whips and being scolded.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I used to speed a lot but now with the kid I have gotten used to doing no more than 10 over
Ten over is my limit too. Back here in the East at least, almost no law enforcement officer will pull you over for going ten or less over the speed limit. I believe and maybe Shane can confirm that they can set their radar to go off at a certain speed and it ignores anyone under that setting. I think the main reason is that the fine for 10 or under just isn't worth their time or the chase as the fine isn't big enough to bother with.
In Georgia they have what is called a super fine for anyone going 15 or more over the posted limit. The fine is like $400 minimum and I believe it goes higher for each mile above the 15 starting point, plus any other cost associated with the ticket so the fine plus cost usually runs over $500 or so by the time you're done.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
What I find most amazing is that the people who are going as fast as Brown was seem to believe that they are capable of controlling the vehicle at that speed. I guess they watch NASCAR and it looks easy for them so they can do it too. Complete idiots.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A good friend of mine came from an extremely wealthy family. I was 17 back in like 1975. He took his father’s Corvette to school when his Dad was out of town on business. He let me drive it home one day. We were on 81 in Syracuse, NY. There was a straight stretch of it where you could get a car moving pretty good. I remember getting it to 110 & then almost crapped my pants. I’ve never done that again.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Most people won't do those kinds of speeds with other people around because someone might report it. But hit a stretch of empty road and maybe you think "let's see what this baby can do".

When your in your early 20's like is about pushing your boundaries and trying new things. If you are a pro footballer that can't get a way with most of what normal 24 year olds do you push the limits where you can. It's human nature.

One of the few areas young players can push the limits is with speed. I'm not saying it's smart, but 24 year olds aren't smart.
The human brain isn't fully developed until 25 years old, meaning that he isn't a fully developed adult yet.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got popped in a rental car on the 101 doing 94, not by an officer, it was a camera. This was prolly 5+ years ago.

80-85 mph seems routine in the HOV lane.

On the interstate I keep it under 85.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I have many clients ( McClaren dealer ) that have gotten popped all around the country doing insane speeds. The ones that i hear about that are the worst are the incidents in residential areas.

Some cars are not made for the average driver, especially super cars. But who usually drives these ....? Super stars. ( who for the most part do not know how to handle the power )

Just my 2 cents

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have many clients ( McClaren dealer ) that have gotten popped all around the country doing insane speeds. The ones that i hear about that are the worst are the incidents in residential areas.

Some cars are not made for the average driver, especially super cars. But who usually drives these ....? Super stars. ( who for the most part do not know how to handle the power )

Just my 2 cents

It's natures way of keeping the A hole population down.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

At 7am in Phoenix metro area during a Monday and your going to try to make excuses that maybe nobody was around? Yea no…. Not buying that one little bit. You can’t excuse the inexcusable.

And at those speeds other cars come up on you exceptionally fast. So fast you can’t even remotely have enough reaction time to appropriately respond if evasive action is needed.

Plus he was just clocked at 126 much like Ruggs who murdered a women and her dog during a time of day when actually “nobody was around” (lotta good that did him yea)
Doing 127 at impact. But was seen doing speeds as high as 157. We don’t know Brown coulda been going even faster prior to being clocked.

There is just no excuse. For something that is supposed human nature I bet we have a lot of people around who have never even considered doing those speeds. Me being 1 even at 25 with my underdeveloped brain(give me a break)….

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At 7am in Phoenix metro area during a Monday and your going to try to make excuses that maybe nobody was around? Yea no…. Not buying that one little bit. You can’t excuse the inexcusable.

And at those speeds other cars come up on you exceptionally fast. So fast you can’t even remotely have enough reaction time to appropriately respond if evasive action is needed.

Plus he was just clocked at 126 much like Ruggs who murdered a women and her dog during a time of day when actually “nobody was around” (lotta good that did him yea)
Doing 127 at impact. But was seen doing speeds as high as 157. We don’t know Brown coulda been going even faster prior to being clocked.

There is just no excuse. For something that is supposed human nature I bet we have a lot of people around who have never even considered doing those speeds. Me being 1 even at 25 with my underdeveloped brain(give me a break)….

To be fair, I doubt many of us owned cars at 24 that could top 100.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They need to start putting these kids money in a trust until they prove they are mature enough to handle it and life in general. Nothing whatsoever matters to these guys. They know they will make 100 million plus by time they are 30, so they figure they will never have to pay much for any consequences in their life or take any meaningful responsibility. So they get fined several thousand, or sued for a million. They don't care at all. They will be given as many chances as necessary as long as they can play at a high enough level.

The NFL and other sports owners should simply take away their drivers licences and give each of their players access to a full time driver/chauffeured limousine as part of their contract and insist they use it to go anywhere they need or want to while under contract. That way also the owners will know where each goes and what he is up to each day and night.
Let's put your money in a trust too. We can find a nice honest politician to invest it for you. Sorry but you aren't guilty until proven that you are. You can't punish everyone for what the few are responsible for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA