Hollywood Brown Arrested on Criminal Speeding Charges (126 MPH per Trooper)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, is so-called 'criminal' speeding on the books in every state or a federal statute and is it above 85mph?

If not, and if neither drugs nor alcohol is involved, I can't see why NFL discipline gets involved beyond perhaps a cautionary letter.
In Arizona, criminal speeding is defined as exceeding the posted speed limit by more than twenty miles per hour in any location.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
God dang u idiot get a nice trade to play next to kyler and u get a freaking ticket....

If u want to go for a freaking drive hire a dang driver so not fault if get pulled over

He better not get a suspension from this lol

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean I set it at 65 and I'm done. With my subaru now and adaptive cruise control it's even better I set 3 car lengths and it does the braking and acclerating.

When we go to Sacramento now there are long stretches on 5 where the limit is 70 and I almost feel like I'm speeding when I bump it up. I used to drive way too fast but not anymore. indirectly it was because I bought a boat and I couldn't tow it with my 88 Mustang so I bought an SUV to tow it and sold the Mustang.

on my 3rd SUV, each one progressively better mileage and significantly better cruise control.
I am a pretty patient person, but not that patient...

I find that driving the speed limit just causes road rage for other people. I'd rather stay level or just faster than most of the other drivers on the road.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a pretty patient person, but not that patient...

I find that driving the speed limit just causes road rage for other people. I'd rather stay level or just faster than most of the other drivers on the road.

I'm not on the freeway that often and when I am it's quite easy to go 65 and not be a problem because I'm in commute traffic and there's enough lanes I can stay to the right.

When we go to Sacramento is the only time it's ever an issue as there's 2 lanes for several parts of the drive and staying in the right is tough. But the truck drivers usually solve that for me by driving in both lanes and slowing everyone down.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In Arizona, criminal speeding is defined as exceeding the posted speed limit by more than twenty miles per hour in any location.
So he literally could have been going 86 miles per hour or in Phoenix, with the flow of traffic. Most freeways in Portland are 50mph or 55mph and rarely do you see anyone going over 65.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t really understand either Canada has speeding ticket fees as well….

Our police don't have ticket 'quotas' to fill because the constabulary is under-financed.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I’m betting he was either doing in excess of 100 in which case I have no issue with an arrest.

He was doing between 85-100 and the cop was ******** Niners or Rams fan….

Or he was doing over 85 and became irate and had major major attitude???

Only option I can really think…..

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our police don't have ticket 'quotas' to fill because the constabulary is under-financed.
When I was still in Phoenix I was pulled over for going 87 on the 17 and the Officer said it was close enough to my birthday to let me off with a warning.

Last edited:

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a cop in the United States for 24 years and never once was advised of a quota to fill? Never not once…. Many many states the implementation of them is straight up illegal.

And I’m willing to bet where “quotas” are an issue that you have the same issues in Canada. Meaning areas with lots of traffic related issues and pressure comes from the top(political)to get it fixed. So when numbers are down Top heavy supervision leans on the rank and file to bring the numbers up.

If you truly believe numbers related policing doesn’t exist in Canada I have swamp FL. I’d like to sell ya. I have Ben to classes with many Canadian LE over the years and our issues are hardly differing on a massive scale. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard