Hollywood Brown Arrested on Criminal Speeding Charges (126 MPH per Trooper)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This forum is filled with old fogies who never did stupid things in their early 20s.

I bet you guys are real fun at parties, drinking your O'Douls and yelling at young people to get off your lawns. Probably eat at the Cracker Barrell at least once a week.

This happens at least once a year that I SMDH at how disconnected this board is from how young people think and act.
Equating that with extremely reckless driving?

Pretty disgusting honestly.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This forum is filled with old fogies who never did stupid things in their early 20s.

I bet you guys are real fun at parties, drinking your O'Douls and yelling at young people to get off your lawns. Probably eat at the Cracker Barrell at least once a week.

This happens at least once a year that I SMDH at how disconnected this board is from how young people think and act.
Dude… I was a massive partier and absolute terror on the road in my 20’s (never mixed the two). But had one summer where I got a criminal speeding ticket at a speed trap by Buckeye (25 over), got another speeding ticket, backed into Ouchie’s car and hit a FREAKING house.

But I never drove 125 mph… sober. That’s completely insane. Trying to make any defense of driving that reckless is a joke no matter how old or young you are.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Driving 126 mph down a public roadway endangering others is never OK. And no I never did something That blatantly stupid that endangers the lives of other people around me….

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

you're chalking this up to him being young and driving a little too fast? 126mph on a public road? :doi:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I used to speed a lot but now with the kid I have gotten used to doing no more than 10 over
Ditto. Kids changed it for me. Though truth be told I don’t think I ever really went over 15 over the speed limit anyway. I may accelerate quickly, that’s more fun than just cruising at high speeds.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Dude… I was a massive partier and absolute terror on the road in my 20’s (never mixed the two). But had one summer where I got a criminal speeding ticket at a speed trap by Buckeye (25 over), got another speeding ticket, backed into Ouchie’s car and hit a FREAKING house.

But I never drove 125 mph… sober. That’s completely insane. Trying to make any defense of driving that reckless is a joke no matter how old or young you are.
Not making a defense.

Never did that.

#strawman

More or less, pointing out that kids make mistakes and you read people on this thread destroying the kid. I bet the majority of the posters would have said you were a piece of crap back then too. You weren't.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have been over 100. Like you said, it is pretty darn scary... it was in a Toyota Camry. I was in a car not really designed for those speeds.

I'd probably feel comfortable above 100mph if I were driving high end sports car.
Even then it’s a bit frightening bc minute errors are magnified. Speaking from my 1993 RX-7 and 1991 carrera cabriolet experience (never max either out near 160mph as it simply got too harry around 120)(Haven’t pushed the Ghibli that far).

Attachments

• 84D5F4B0-F9C3-4B2D-9123-12FEA7416D05.jpeg
    84D5F4B0-F9C3-4B2D-9123-12FEA7416D05.jpeg
    424.1 KB · Views: 6
  • CCD264A8-E802-47E4-B346-F3B92DBFE391.jpeg
    CCD264A8-E802-47E4-B346-F3B92DBFE391.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

To hear you say it you’d have to believe that every young person is a totally irresponsible dangerous idiot. Not really the case.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

My NEW car. The RX7. Within like two weeks of having bought it. First big purchase of my adult life. He’s lucky to be alive.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not making a defense.

Never did that.

#strawman

More or less, pointing out that kids make mistakes and you read people on this thread destroying the kid. I bet the majority of the posters would have said you were a piece of crap back then too. You weren't.
No, no, he was. He was a total mess. I loved him anyway, but total mess.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Driving 126 mph down a public roadway endangering others is never OK. And no I never did something That blatantly stupid that endangers the lives of other people around me….
I get that. Many young 20 year olds don't get that.

You must be registered for see images attach

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right...and he grew up.

I've known tons of people over the years that took stupid risks like this. Most grew out of it. No reason to attack his overall character.
There’s no need to excuse away behavior that legit puts other people lives in danger. Age is irrelevant it’s ignorant and stupid at any age.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Right...and he grew up.

I've known tons of people over the years that took stupid risks like this. Most grew out of it. No reason to attack his overall character.
You should reach out to Ruggs and let him know that it's okay to be young and stupid.

Better yet, the Reed family. I bet they would totally feel okay once you explain that plenty of people do dumb stuff.

Before you jump on the "but he was drunk," if he was sober it would still be wrong.

Plenty of people get involved in accidents through no fault of their own by negligent drivers. Clearly you have never had that happen to you or anyone you know. Not actually causing an accident is not a good excuse.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dayman

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

His teammate just died doing the same thing a couple months ago. This isn't about the youthful indiscretions of a 25-year-old. This is about being a straight up idiot if he learned nothing from that incident.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not making a defense.

Never did that.

#strawman

I might not have been a piece of crap, but I was definitely a mess. And I still never did anything as irresponsible as drive 125 mph. That’s beyond stupidity… especially after having seen a teammate just kill someone and themselves doing the same thing.

And if I’m being totally honest… I was being a piece of crap and needed to get my ish together.

So does Hollywood before he does something that gets someone hurt. No one’s saying the kid should be cut or in jail or for life or anything like that. Just calling him what he is right now… a freaking idiot. Why that in any way needs to be rebutted by anyone is beyond me.

Last edited:

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I think we’ve all hit at least 100. There’s a time and a place I suppose, but 125 on any highway with an on ramp is bs. You just can’t process things fast enough (this is why people who race for a living keep that **** for the closed track).

Not a good way to re-start your career with the new org/fan base/media/state.

He should probably get his hammy right and ass back on the field.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ditto. Kids changed it for me. Though truth be told I don’t think I ever really went over 15 over the speed limit anyway. I may accelerate quickly, that’s more fun than just cruising at high speeds.

Even then it’s a bit frightening bc minute errors are magnified. Speaking from my 1993 RX-7 and 1991 carrera cabriolet experience (never max either out near 160mph as it simply got too harry around 120)(Haven’t pushed the Ghibli that far).
:shrug:

:lol:

...dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose