Mavericks @ Suns Tuesday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-10-2022 - Game 5

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why anyone would want to mess with Biz. He is chiseled.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Only way we get Foster is a game 7..it's in the stars...that's why we need to end this in Dallas

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul had 7 points, 10 assists, 1 steal and 4 turnovers.

Bottom line, Chris Paul will do whatever it takes to win including guarding a much bigger player in Luka Doncic.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shamet and Biz were important in this game. Against the Warriors, Holliday will be necessary. He could be a defensive help against their speed.

Got to get there first.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kinda glad he realized he had to play Biz for some toughness and hustle..he waited to long to play Frank vs Milwaukee and I believe it cost us a game. Great adjusting

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s funny how when you trust the very thing that got you here things feel good again. Glad Monty went deeper in the bench. I am still hoping Holiday gets some time.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the key is USE the damn bench! They were huge all season now Monty short rotation just wearing the starters out and letting know one else get any rhythm! Stop being stubborn Monty and play some guys geesh Dallas looks like the deeper team because Kidd is actually using them trying to keep guys fresh legs!!!!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We may win this series, but this version of Cp3 will not win us a chip.

Silly rabbit, chips are for kids.

ChampionSHIPS, are our ultimate prize.

Also, if the opposition is so focused on stopping Paul that the rest of the team is free to attack then... yeah, we can win a championship with this squad.

Also also, if it is not already clear. Calling titles "chips" really irks me, like.. really really irks me. Irrationally so.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It’s funny how when you trust the very thing that got you here things feel good again. Glad Monty went deeper in the bench. I am still hoping Holiday gets some time.
I get Monty was late sitting Payne… of course, that has nothing to do with why we’re now entering a Game 6 however…
But how bout we just trust the NBA Coach of The Year, his staff and James Jones when it comes to the rotation? I mean, I wouldn’t mind seeing Holiday as well, wherever Monty believes it makes most sense.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get Monty was late sitting Payne… of course, that has nothing to do with why we’re now entering a Game 6 however…
But how bout we just trust the NBA Coach of The Year, his staff and James Jones when it comes to the rotation? I mean, I wouldn’t mind seeing Holiday as well, wherever Monty believes it makes most sense.
Because the very definition of insanity is doing the thing that has not been working over and over again. When is the proper time to critique? When we get bounced? Please. Monty gets credit for FINALLY making the adjustment. He should have done it sooner. I trust NOW that he will do what he needs for the rest of this series.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because the very definition of insanity is doing the thing that has not been working over and over again. When is the proper time to critique? When we get bounced? Please. Monty gets credit for FINALLY making the adjustment. He should have done it sooner. I trust NOW that he will do what he needs for the rest of this series.
the other side of that is "when it works, keep fixing it until it's broken."

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good game last night, joined the game late so i didnt want to check my phone or the forum for spoilers, but caught up in the second half.

Monty, same as the Pels series, adjustments in game 5. Effective but a couple of games late. Still no Holiday though, he could provide some full court pressure on Luka.

What still bothers me was someone was attached to cp3 all night, even before the in-bounder had received the ball from the ref. C'mon suns(coach) wake up and do the same to Luka.

Luka is wearing down, several players had cupping performed. We just need to keep grinding on him as they do to cp3. Cp3 energy and turnovers are apparent because of what the mavs are doing to him.

Chriss is still a punk, he still looks like a man-child. These all seem like moves a young Kidd would have done. He was so hot headed sometimes.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the other side of that is "when it works, keep fixing it until it's broken."
Except it hasn't worked so that doesn't apply. This is more like keeping what we have done all season long. Funny how the first game we do that this looks like the old Suns.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose