Dallas @ Suns Game 1 (R2) Monday 5-2-2022, 7 PM

Reaction score
If the Mavericks want to play this small ball of theirs, don't suppose they could have a rebounding advantage.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton will need to work on his box outs and rebounding in the offseason. He’s better than this. He should be 11-12 RPG especially if James Jones is gonna stick with Crowder as the starting 4

Absolutely. I've been saying this drafted and I saw the 1st possessions of the summer league. He completely lacks the fundamentals and effort be a great rebounder. We give up a lot of offensive rebounds because we don't play a true 4 and Crowder isn't exactly a strong rebounder. But We would be fine if DA was a good rebounder. He constantly gets pushed or just walks himself far to low Delete under the basket. I don't know that I've never been this frustrated with another player like I constantly am with DA.

Physically except for maybe his hands he's almost a perfect center. He has some really good games, especially with his scoring within 15 feet. He just has a really soft touch on his shot and he's extremely efficient. That said his offense kind of reminds Boris Diaw. He constantly shies away from any sort of contact and gets pushed around by Guys he really should physically dominate. He has great feet on defense but overall frankly I think he's a bit overrated around here defensively. There's just too many plays where he's out of position and/or lacking attention or effort. That and I consider the defensive boards part of being a good defender and I would say he's very average there. Don't get me wrong. He's a good player. I just want him to be great and he's not.

I know this isn't the DeAndre Ayton chat, but I Haven't chimed in on this for a long time. It's been a while. We should beat this team in at most in 6 games, but as others pointed out guys like CP 13 get out of their slumps. Overall he was horrible in that last series and I kept hoping they would go more to Holiday who at least shoots efficiently and is a pest defensively. And I love CP 13. He's 1 of my favorite players on the team. I think it's going to come down to these "other" guys and Booker's health.

On a side note because somebody else mentioned the officiating, 1 of my pet peeves about the way the game is called is when the officials let the offensive player just ramrod his way through a defender standing there in solid position. Doncic constantly does this. He just drives his shoulder into a defenders chest over and over. It's the old, lazy Shaquille O'Neal "post up" move, and it should be an easy offensive foul call for the officials.

Okay, rant over and back to work. Go Phoenix Suns!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re one of those predicting the Suns will “destroy” the Mavs, you clearly haven’t been watching the Suns play over the past 3-4 weeks.
Now, if guys like Crowder, Cam Johnson and Cam Payne revert back to the level of play they were at for most of the regular season, and if Ayton decides not to allow smaller, athletic dudes (see Larry Nance, Jr) to out-hustle him, and if we can stop making loads of ridiculously STUPID FOULS, maybe we win this series 4-1 or 4-2.

Doncic, Finney-Smith, Brunson, Dinwiddie, Kleber and Bullock can all shoot the rock, and have been doing so far better than Crowder, Johnson and Payne.

This series is perfectly set-up for Ayton to dominate, as the Mavs are completely void of a true Center. Powell is a version of Nance, Jr though, and we saw when Nance did to Ayton…
But if there was ever a series where Deandre should put up ridiculous point and rebound totals, it’s this series!

Attachments

• phoenix-suns-suns.gif
    phoenix-suns-suns.gif
    861 KB · Views: 3

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone want to face Dallas without Ayton?
Ok then, he's our guy! I expect he will step up big in Dallas.
Suns in 5
All we need now is for Luka to say something stupid about the Suns to ignite the fire.
Then its Suns in 4

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the playoff officials.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn. The Suns were fined 25K for failing to report Booker's updated injury status prior to the last game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As far as I know Ayton had never come close to shooting 61.4% on his jumpers as a Sun. This % is even a step up from the regular season.
Dude 61% on jumpers is insane for any shooter. He could’ve been consider a good jump shooter and averaging 46% on jump shots.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he has shot 35% and lower till this season.

I am curious to know from what range we are talking about, because for Ayton's entire career he has been among the league leaders in shooting percentage on shots inside of 16 feet and a ton of those shots have been on the "soft jumpers" that drawn consternation when he could be attacking the rim.

His shooting stats took a dump in year 2, but in year 1 he was top 25 in the league in TS%, last year he was 7th, this year 5th. He has clearly made a leap this year from several ranges, bigger than I was aware of, but from 3-16 feet he has been pretty good his whole career.

As an aside, for his whole career his advanced stats are really impressive. We better resign him this summer.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s low for a center.
its too low for anybody to continue shooting the shot, so I don’t really care.

you better shoot at least 45% or you should not shoot mid rangers unless the shot clock is about to run out.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nick is calling it, Mavs in 6... but I say Suns in 5...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mainstreet what time and channel will the game be on?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard