Dallas @ Suns Game 1 (R2) Monday 5-2-2022, 7 PM

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Friends...... In town and bringing my nephew to his first playoff game. If anyone can get me in to the presale early, you would be a legend. I'll buy the first round. Hit me up!

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Yeah... I know we will probably be fighting the refs yet again as they try their best to make this into a series, but the only way I can see this being even remotely competitive is if the Suns are so overconfident they literally don't even try... which is highly unlikely after the opening round struggle with NO.

Depending on how blatant the officiating is, I can see this being anywhere from a Suns sweep to maybe Suns in six games. But I do fully expect the NBA refs to be fighting us every step of the way.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I respect Mavs but think Suns have all the answers. Crowder was useless on D vs Pels cuz cant slide his feet but will be a great defender for Lucka to body up. Mikal can take little Brunson outta the game. They play good D have shooters but no inside game. I see Suns have the rebounding edge. Home court. Suns in 5 or easy 6. Better team than Pels but much better matchup for Suns.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I respect Mavs but think Suns have all the answers. Crowder was useless on D vs Pels cuz cant slide his feet but will be a great defender for Lucka to body up. Mikal can take little Brunson outta the game. They play good D have shooters but no inside game. I see Suns have the rebounding edge. Home court. Suns in 5 or easy 6. Better team than Pels but much better matchup for Suns.
what are you smoking? defense is literally the only thing he did well in that series!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schedule is out. We go every other day straight through Game 6 and then mercifully there’s three days between 6 and 7 if necessary. That’s gonna be a lot of wear and tear on CP3 and Book with not much time between games.

Meanwhile, I bet the Warriors get multiple three day breaks in their second round series just like they got THREE of them in their first round series.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Good thing Luka isn’t freakishly athletic. Crowder might actually be useful this series.

Reaction score
what are you smoking? defense is literally the only thing he did well in that series!
Yeah--I don't think Crowder would generally be considered a good defender, as I've always heard he is (and the Suns defense wouldn't be so good) if he didn't move his feet well. And if he was useless on defense against his target, why did he keep starting and play heavy minutes?

Generally, you could ask the Miami Heat the same thing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yah, as I said yesterday, I think the Mavs for US are a better matchup. Would sure like to see Jae Crowder hit a few shots. Book was really off, as was to be expected. So far, the Tree Trio of Ayton, McGee, and Byambo is holding up, but we still give up way too many rebounds.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
If you’re one of those predicting the Suns will “destroy” the Mavs, you clearly haven’t been watching the Suns play over the past 3-4 weeks.
Now, if guys like Crowder, Cam Johnson and Cam Payne revert back to the level of play they were at for most of the regular season, and if Ayton decides not to allow smaller, athletic dudes (see Larry Nance, Jr) to out-hustle him, and if we can stop making loads of ridiculously STUPID FOULS, maybe we win this series 4-1 or 4-2.

Doncic, Finney-Smith, Brunson, Dinwiddie, Kleber and Bullock can all shoot the rock, and have been doing so far better than Crowder, Johnson and Payne.

This series is perfectly set-up for Ayton to dominate, as the Mavs are completely void of a true Center. Powell is a version of Nance, Jr though, and we saw when Nance did to Ayton…
But if there was ever a series where Deandre should put up ridiculous point and rebound totals, it’s this series!

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If you’re one of those predicting the Suns will “destroy” the Mavs, you clearly haven’t been watching the Suns play over the past 3-4 weeks.
Now, if guys like Crowder, Cam Johnson and Cam Payne revert back to the level of play they were at for most of the regular season, and if Ayton decides not to allow smaller, athletic dudes (see Larry Nance, Jr) to out-hustle him, and if we can stop making loads of ridiculously STUPID FOULS, maybe we win this series 4-1 or 4-2.

Doncic, Finney-Smith, Brunson, Dinwiddie, Kleber and Bullock can all shoot the rock, and have been doing so far better than Crowder, Johnson and Payne.

This series is perfectly set-up for Ayton to dominate, as the Mavs are completely void of a true Center. Powell is a version of Nance, Jr though, and we saw when Nance did to Ayton…
But if there was even a series where Deandre should put up ridiculous point and rebound totals, it’s this series!
So you’ve already set up the “Mavs will outplay us” narrative. ;)

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah--I don't think Crowder would generally be considered a good defender, as I've always heard he is (and the Suns defense wouldn't be so good) if he didn't move his feet well. And if he was useless on defense against his target, why did he keep starting and play heavy minutes?

Generally, you could ask the Miami Heat the same thing.

We need new smilies for WTF, or OMG to insert here. Or maybe a "like" button for strong disagreement. I don't know what you have "heard". Try watching. He is a hell of a defender, can defend multiple positions, and often gets under the skin of the opposing players, killing them with frustration. Shades of Rodman in some ways. He is also the leader of our D, barking out directions, making sure everyone is where they are supposed to be. He's our middle linebacker. And although it is frustrating when he goes on a brick streak, I love the energy and passion he shows on D.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

But if there was even a series where Deandre should put up ridiculous point and rebound totals, it’s this series!

Not one game did Larry Nance jr out play Ayton. Don’t confuse flash plays for the whole game Ayton was really good last night

Ayton was really good in this series. This was probably the most physical match up we will have.

Reaction score
We need new smilies for WTF, or OMG to insert here. Or maybe a "like" button for strong disagreement. I don't know what you have "heard". Try watching. He is a hell of a defender, can defend multiple positions, and often gets under the skin of the opposing players, killing them with frustration. Shades of Rodman in some ways. He is also the leader of our D, barking out directions, making sure everyone is where they are supposed to be. He's our middle linebacker. And although it is frustrating when he goes on a brick streak, I love the energy and passion he shows on D.
Oh, you misunderstood my comment. I was also expressing doubt at someone's idea that Crowder was "useless on defense" against someone. His defense is evidently so good that the Suns are willing to put up with his low scoring and average rebounding. If he just rebounded more, he'd be the Suns' Dennis Rodman without the stupid-looking hair. And as everyone knows, Dennis Rodman was a basketball genius.

No--no. Here's a more relevant comparison: you make Crowder sound like Shawn Marion. Now there was a Dennis Rodman, sort of.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Not one game did Larry Nance jr out play Ayton. Don’t confuse flash plays for the whole game Ayton was really good last night

Ayton was really good in this series. This was probably the most physical match up we will have.
Nance schooled Ayton on the boards last night. Thankfully, it didn’t matter in the end. I really don’t believe this is debatable…

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nance schooled Ayton on the boards last night. Thankfully, it didn’t matter in the end. I really don’t believe this is debatable…

Nance had 8 rebounds
Jonas had 8 rebounds
Ayton had 7 rebounds

I mean 8-7 doesn’t seem like getting “schooled” we spent this whole series talking about Jonas vs Ayton now Ayton is responsible for Nance to? Isn’t that Crowders guy?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Ayton is going to get pulled away from the basket on defense. Rebounding will need to be a group effort.

On offense, Ayton is going to need to punish those dudes. He and JaVale should be able to stay with their shooting 5's on defense though. This will be a "we lost a game or two because they shot 65% from the three point line" type of series. I really like our chances.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

But if there was ever a series where Deandre should put up ridiculous point and rebound totals, it’s this series!
Powell is more traditional than nance. He doesn’t have nance’s range or handles. But he is a long athletic hustler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA