RB Conner re-signs with Cards

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conner is one of the first guys to ever parlay one of KeimTime’s one year prove it deals into a multi year contract.

Good for him. Not sure the contract is good for the Cards as I think it’s an overpay and that last year was the exception to the rule for TDs and health. but I think I’ve gotten over getting too invested in the arguments about it and will just hope for the best at this point.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
22nd in DVOA and success rate—both significantly lower than Edmonds.

Easily replaceable by a rookie as a runner.

He was #1 in receiving DVOA among running backs, but he had 40 passes. Steep price to pay for less than three targets a game.

That leadership was extremely valuable during our second-half collapse.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Time to go watch some eartz conor cards higlights and a little 420 green puff :)

Hope few more good signings this next week

Goooo Cards

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Huge overpay, should have drafted a young guy and ran him into the ground over the 4 year rookie deal. Bad cap allocation here.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I expect we'll target a RB mid-late rounds, and I know we'd be foregoing bigger needs taking him in the 3rd or maybe even 2nd if we wanted to make sure, but the RB coming out in the draft that I think would be the best fit for the Cards is James Cook out of UGA.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This board is going to be hilariously confused when Conner isn’t getting force-fed TDs with a few a yards while still putting up a low YPC next season.
Truth. This is the worst way to allocate your cap and build a team. Keim has learned absolutely nothing.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You think God didn’t drop a few F-bombs when it created Earth? I mean... that happened in 7 days. Had to crack a few eggs while making that omelette.

Pretty sure God said LFG on the 6th day also. Genesis 2:7 "then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a Cardinal and he was James Conner LFG!!!. "

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Pretty sure God said LFG on the 6th day also. Genesis 2:7 "then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a Cardinal and he was James Conner LFG!!!. "
1:1

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At first i thought we paid him too much even if i like him but after the Kirk deal im extremely pleased to have him for a 25%of Kirk contract, he has also better hands
Another team making an insane deal doesn’t justify making this FO making one.

I think it’s hilarious how some here who claim to want Keim gone or dislike him are happy with this & the Ertz deals.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think it’s hilarious how some here who claim to want Keim gone or dislike him are happy with this & the Ertz deals.
On paper i don't like paying them so much for multi-years, but looking at others deals...
we have several holes and few draft picks
Something has to be done

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
What does this mean? I don’t know if you think it is a good or bad deal for the Cards?:shrug:
It’s a good deal for Cards and he got basically the same money for an average run of the the mill blocking TE.

Attachments

• 02EED712-446E-4C91-9BB4-41E6BCA50B24.jpeg
    02EED712-446E-4C91-9BB4-41E6BCA50B24.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 4

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

At least with Ertz i feel like the position scarcity and time it takes to develop rookies is a valid argument to pay him. None of those things are true with RBs.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson