RB Conner re-signs with Cards

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I did same in my madden 22 make believe ps5 franchise lol panned out well 1 deep poff run

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another team making an insane deal doesn’t justify making this FO making one.

I think it’s hilarious how some here who claim to want Keim gone or dislike him are happy with this & the Ertz deals.

I preferred Chase to Conner strictly as a player, younger, better speed but the Cards need a guy who can get the tough yards as long as we insist on not using Kyler under C we're going to need a RB who can get 1 yard when you need it and Conner can do that.

With Ertz to me it's pretty simple, at a certain point you have to field a roster. you can't just look at every position and say too old, not a good enough blocker etc you can't go into next year with Maxx coming off injury(if we keep him) and a guy from Austria who's never played an NFL play as your TE's. Zach had more catches in 11 games than Green had in 15, the only guy on the roster who caught more, Kirk, is gone. I'm sure they knew that when they signed Ertz. So they made a decision we have to have another guy besides D Hop that Kyler trusts to throw to we can't go into next year with D Hop and Moore as the only trusted receivers on the roster. One thing we've seen in this offense is there's lots of adjustments, Kyler makes a read and and the WR has to be on the same page, when it works it's fun to watch, when it does't you lose to Green Bay because AJ Green is looking the wrong way. So you get a guy like Zach who picks up the offense fast, and does very well in it, and he wants to stay, you keep him. We lost 2 of Kylers favorite guys in Kirk and Chase so keeping guys he trusts to throw to like Ertz and Conner has value.

We need another WR, if we keep Maxx we're probably set at TE.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Good signing! You never have enough guys who produce when it counts the most. If it’s true they’ve got Williams on the way they only lack Brewer from landing their must re-signs.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I expect regression but there’s something about having Murray/Conner in the RZ or a 3rd/4th and 1 situation that gives me comfort. He ain’t seeing that third year though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. Don’t have to be fast to pick up 2 yards! My point is many are asking how we replace Edmonds. Eno and Ward are at least similar. However, I think a bigger need is depth behind Conner and his style.
The same way we replaced Drake... with someone else. Drake/Edmonds types are much easier to find in the league and in the draft. Even Eno might work in a pinch.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The same way we replaced Drake... with someone else. Drake/Edmonds types are much easier to find in the league and in the draft. Even Eno might work in a pinch.
I agree. My point is we need to find a guy that is similar to Conner as a 3rd or 4th rb.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. Don’t have to be fast to pick up 2 yards! My point is many are asking how we replace Edmonds. Eno and Ward are at least similar. However, I think a bigger need is depth behind Conner and his style.
Ward & especially Eno are much closer to Conner than Chase, lol. Both are bruiser types, but lack the quickness & burst Chase brought.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ward & especially Eno are much closer to Conner than Chase, lol. Both are bruiser types, but lack the quickness & burst Chase brought.

Eno is smaller and lighter than Chase and has an almost identical 40 time...how is he a bruiser?

Jonathan Ward was 195lb in college. That's 10lb lighter than Chase at 1" taller.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. My point is we need to find a guy that is similar to Conner as a 3rd or 4th rb.
We don't have that kind of luxury. We have too many holes to fill on the team elsewhere, including a back that is not like Conner.

If only we could draft better...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard