Wk 17-Arizona Cardinals @ Dallas Cowboys Pre Game Thread. 12/27/21-01/01/22

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean I guess that’s kind of the magical thinking I’m taking about?

No one expected us to lose to a 1-11-1 team so we’ll definitely hang with a good team? Okay sounds good.

This is EXACTLY the point. Nobody really knows what will happen. So why not have some optimism against a team we seemingly play well against? Some teams just have other teams numbers.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I actually think we win. We tend to be a thorn in Dallas's side, and they are riding high off of last week.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did their play suffer as a result? Or did they leave the organization due to the fans? I mean that’s the premise being made here. That fans’ negativity somehow negatively impacts the product on the field.
I got ya Ouchie. I was speaking to the fact that players do pay attention to things being said in the media, sometimes to a fault. I can say the there were some players for the various 4 teams here that spoke of how much they hated the fans while hear, but I would agree that it's not a direct tie in to the on-field play.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Thanks for the debate. Enlightening.
Let me put it another way: if you’re the Cards’ staff, what needs to happen for us to win the game?

If it’s we force multiple turnovers and create none, that’s essentially magical thinking because you’re depending on your opponent to make unpredictable errors.

If both teams play their best game, who wins? I think it’s prolly Dallas close.

If both teams play their worst games, who wins? I’m guessing Dallas the other way because they can just settle for the run and we can’t stop it.

So we have to play our best game and Dallas has to play their worst game to win.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is EXACTLY the point. Nobody really knows what will happen. So why not have some optimism against a team we seemingly play well against? Some teams just have other teams numbers.
Majority here thought we'd get destroyed by the Rams in week 4.

All but punted on the Browns game as well.

So let em be negative. Means we're going to win.

This is a perfect setup for a Cowboys letdown game as well.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me put it another way: if you’re the Cards’ staff, what needs to happen for us to win the game?

If it’s we force multiple turnovers and create none, that’s essentially magical thinking because you’re depending on your opponent to make unpredictable errors.

If both teams play their best game, who wins? I think it’s prolly Dallas close.

If both teams play their worst games, who wins? I’m guessing Dallas the other way because they can just settle for the run and we can’t stop it.

So we have to play our best game and Dallas has to play their worst game to win.
Whet if we play good but not best and they play mediocre but not worst? :)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Something I feel like I have stated since both were drafted. The most natural role for Simmons was base S and nickel ILB and the most natural role for Collins was a 3-4 SAM and then a move piece in nickel (between DE and LB).

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whet if we play good but not best and they play mediocre but not worst? :)
I had to like this post, but what does it even mean? Are you speaking in riddles?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our ILB situation is weird.

I always thought Simmons was a safety and still think he should be.

I think Zaven can be good at ILB but said he might be more suited to OLB in the NFL with his size, speed and ability to drop into coverage.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am totally prepared for Vance not to have any other option than to play Collins at OLB and then have Collins break out and act like it was always the plan.
Yup, lol.

At least he would be breaking out at the right time at least.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
and what is really irritating is that with Collins, you only really had Golden as a player in front of him who you can split reps with naturally.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
as long as we get to the right place I guess. It just doesn't seem that tough to figure out with Simmons and Collins but we are screwing it up anyway.

Zaven has a lot of great attributes to play ILB but those attributes are even greater at OLB. And it's a much more valuable position.

When we picked him I assumed it was for an edge role.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting hard to keep up how many guys out with Covid now? Hump is out, but we get Hudson back. Is Golden going to play?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose