Wk 17-Arizona Cardinals @ Dallas Cowboys Pre Game Thread. 12/27/21-01/01/22

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cowboys going to be looking for revenge after MNF last season. That was tied for largest loss in AT&T stadium. Got to think that's bulletin board material for them.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Kyler is undefeated in AT&T Stadium
I wonder how many games that he played there in high school.....It will be interesting to see him face off against Micah Parsons. I've been waiting for this matchup all year. Parsons has been an eraser for QB's that like to scramble out of the pocket, but Murray is the fastest one that he will have faced to this point.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I wonder how many games that he played there in high school.....It will be interesting to see him face off against Micah Parsons. I've been waiting for this matchup all year. Parsons has been an eraser for QB's that like to scramble out of the pocket, but Murray is the fastest one that he will have faced to this point.
I don’t think kyler can outrun parsons.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Plenty of moron Cowboy fans out there (even on the media side) that overrate that team year in and year out. Not saying it can't happen, but we'll have to wait and see.
true, I wouldn't pick a double digit win for dallas. I think 3-4 points will separate these two, but it's the NFL so who really knows... especially with covid. It's possible AZ could win by double digits. As far as moron cowboys fans...on the same token there have been plenty of cowboys fans who stopped believing in that team since Jimmy Johnson left. The overrating comes from their popularity around the country and the media exploits that, but it does not account for a lot of fans that know that the cowboys haven't been elite for many years now. I do think this cowboys team is a lot better than they have been in recent years particularly because of their defensive improvements. but that doesn't mean they will win in the playoffs, as their defense still has yet to dominate a championship caliber team. Proof will be in what happens come playoff time and what they've done in the past won't mean anything.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I don’t think kyler can outrun parsons.
it's probably close between those two. Dallas would not have as many wins as they have without Parsons on their team with the amount of QB pressures or sacks that he has forced in critical moments. He's still young though so I'm sure he's going to have some difficulty in this game and in the playoffs.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let’s be honest there little 4 game won streak is against terrible teams! Dallas is very much overrated shoot the Skins almost came back on them a few weeks back. They have beaten up on ****** division teams, when and who is the last good team they have beaten??

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Let’s be honest there little 4 game won streak is against terrible teams! Dallas is very much overrated shoot the Skins almost came back on them a few weeks back. They have beaten up on ****** division teams, when and who is the last good team they have beaten??
Patriots and chargers are probably the only good teams they’ve beaten all year and both of those games were close.

Most of the others are around .500 and are all kind of equal in my opinion, except the giants. They beat the Vikings and I think Minnesota are probably one of the better .500 teams in the league if you look at the way they play close games. I don’t think Washington were that close to beating Dallas. games were over in the first quarter of both of those games. but Washington were playing good defense on their win streak and before they got decimated by injuries and COVID in the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
You can only play who's on your schedule and we lost to the Lions and the backup Colts. Dallas has a good team, but not great... and dare I say for the most part if the Cards show up they are a good team too :)

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can only play who's on your schedule and we lost to the Lions and the backup Colts. Dallas has a good team, but not great... and dare I say for the most part if the Cards show up they are a good team too :)
Lions and Carolina were our two bad losses, the Colts and Rams are two of the better teams in the league period. No shame in losing to good team neither were blowouts we were in both games if we don’t shoot ourselves on the foot we win both of those, same for Greenbay. If we show up and play and don’t self destruct we can beat anyone.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the team was 10-5 on a 3 game winning streak vs 10-5 on a 3 game losing streak, you may have a better chance of not showing everything. Now you just need to win, or come damn close in order to get some confidence back before the playoffs.
Exactly, "not showing" is not an option for this team IMO. Pull out all stops and adjust accordingly if we see them again.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree Phoenix is soft. But fan bases do effect players in my opinion Don’t have to agree.
Especially with social media. Darius Slay, Miles Sanders, Danny Green. Just a few examples of players here in Philly who have responded publicly to fan criticism.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson