Wk 17-Arizona Cardinals @ Dallas Cowboys Pre Game Thread. 12/27/21-01/01/22

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I shouldn’t be surprised by the amount of magical thinking going on in this thread, but I am.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can only play who's on your schedule and we lost to the Lions and the backup Colts. Dallas has a good team, but not great... and dare I say for the most part if the Cards show up they are a good team too :)
We were the backup Cardinals against the backup Colts. So it all balanced out.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmmm. Maybe we will see Collins, Simmons and even Sack Allen on the EDGE this week. Especially if it means we can unlock Super Joe Walker for max snaps at ILB.
I would like to see more Kennard and Collins on the edge, i think our rush defense would look better
Vallejo is coming back and is better then walker
Unfortunately we have to watch Hicks playing 100 % of the snaps

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lions and Carolina were our two bad losses, the Colts and Rams are two of the better teams in the league period. No shame in losing to good team neither were blowouts we were in both games if we don’t shoot ourselves on the foot we win both of those, same for Greenbay. If we show up and play and don’t self destruct we can beat anyone.
Hmm the Rams and colts weren’t blowouts in a traditional sense but at games end we also didn’t really have much of a reasonably realistic chance to win either game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Especially with social media. Darius Slay, Miles Sanders, Danny Green. Just a few examples of players here in Philly who have responded publicly to fan criticism.
Did their play suffer as a result? Or did they leave the organization due to the fans? I mean that’s the premise being made here. That fans’ negativity somehow negatively impacts the product on the field.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm the Rams and colts weren’t blowouts in a traditional sense but at games end we also didn’t really have much of a reasonably realistic chance to win either game.
Rams no. But if Andy Lee had been holding for Prater, we'd been at minimum within one score at the end, and the Cards would have gone for a TD.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams no. But if Andy Lee had been holding for Prater, we'd been at minimum within one score at the end, and the Cards would have gone for a TD.
Make those kicks and all you need is another FG.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I shouldn’t be surprised by the amount of magical thinking going on in this thread, but I am.
What, because some of us actually think we have a chance in this game? If that is magical thinking, maybe fans were thinking the same thing in the opposite direction about the Rams and Lions games. We were supposed to smash an 0-17 Stafford team without Ramsey, right?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What, because some of us actually think we have a chance in this game? If that is magical thinking, maybe fans were thinking the same thing in the opposite direction about the Rams and Lions games. We were supposed to smash an 0-17 Stafford team without Ramsey, right?

Huh? People didn’t expect us to smash the Rams. At least no one outside of Arizona did.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ramsey missed the game.

For a second my brain went to Detroit when I read Stafford.

Doesn’t change the fact that people in general didn’t expect us to kill the Rams. That spread was at like 2.5 even without Ramsay and we had already proven that a raft of Covid losses could be overcome by good teams against us in primetime during the Pack game.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh? People didn’t expect us to smash the Rams. At least no one outside of Arizona did.
I saw quite a bit of it, especially considering the fact that we blew them out in LA for all intents and purposes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw quite a bit of it, especially considering the fact that we blew them out in LA for all intents and purposes.

You saw quite a bit... where? Outside this board? And we obviously weren’t the same team we were on that MNF game that we were early in the season when we rolled the Rams.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a second my brain went to Detroit when I read Stafford.

Doesn’t change the fact that people in general didn’t expect us to kill the Rams. That spread was at like 2.5 even without Ramsay and we had already proven that a raft of Covid losses could be overcome by good teams against us in primetime during the Pack game.

I didn't necessarily mean the public at large, but more the fans here. Most of the pundits did pick us to win the game, some by double digits.

The point of my original post was about why some of us (here) have optimism about this game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m talking about what actually happened. We didn’t have Lee. Lots of players missing games for lots of teams. They either overcome those losses or don’t. We didn’t. And we really didn’t have a reasonable chance to win that game at the end as a result of that failure. Surely we aren’t the only team to have lost their holder for a span this season.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Lions and Carolina were our two bad losses, the Colts and Rams are two of the better teams in the league period. No shame in losing to good team neither were blowouts we were in both games if we don’t shoot ourselves on the foot we win both of those, same for Greenbay. If we show up and play and don’t self destruct we can beat anyone.
That’s the nfl. Every team has had bad games. And from week to week perceptions can change completely. Every team deals with injury and COVID protocol. So you can say anyone is overrated if you pick holes in their results. Dallas lost to both TB and KC this year so I think those are the only two games I look at and I say they have something left to be desired. But I also think Dallas has played a relatively firm schedule considering they drew those two on the road and drew the Patriots on the road as their extra game. A win over AZ would be one of Dallas’ best wins especially with potential home games on the line.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I mean I guess that’s kind of the magical thinking I’m taking about?

No one expected us to lose to a 1-11-1 team so we’ll definitely hang with a good team? Okay sounds good.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And they probably kick another FG instead of going for it on fourth down. Can’t remember exactly when it occurred but I think first half .

I remember clearly that a fan behind us a bit was using some choice words in letting KK know he should kick the 40ish yard FG not knowing that the holding issue was happening.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson