Colts @ Cardinals postgame thread.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Lol... we can “probably” beat a pathetic Seattle team. Yay.
Can we? I don’t think so, especially if a potential playoff berth for Big Red is on the line. Seahags would be fired up to beat our ass & knock us out. I’d take gum chewing Petey over incompetent Kliff for all the marbles any day.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we? I don’t think so, especially if a potential playoff berth for Big Red is on the line. Seahags would be fired up to beat our ass & knock us out. I’d take gum chewing Petey over incompetent Kliff for all the marbles any day.
Regardless of how we do in Dallas, the hometown fans want to see another home win badly. Otherwise, we finish 3-5 at home and that's just pathetic.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless of how we do in Dallas, the hometown fans want to see another home win badly. Otherwise, we finish 3-5 at home and that's just pathetic.

No. Hanging that banner WIN AND WE’RE IN! Again will be pathetic.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You saw the graphic.
Two missed fg’s
Missed extra point.
147 penalties.
A safety
An og that moves 3 times
A center that rolls the ball to your qb
Questionable reffing

Even very good teams can’t overcome crap like this. It seems different players take turns screwing up.

Backing into the playoffs as a wild card does not bode well or fill your fandom with confidence.

Watching the Packers beat us with a depleted team was illuminating.

The Packers didn't play particularly well and had a weak line up in but they simply didn't stuff up.

Took care of the small things which meant the big things looked after themselves. We're routinely botching the small things

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know Kyler's comment about not watching much game film has been analysed to death... and here's some more

I wonder when he made the comment? When we were 7-0? Or during our 3-5 run?

I also wonder if that attitude - I'm already good enough, I don't need to pore over mountains of tape seeking that 0.01% improvement - is prevalent across the board?

We know that D Hop barely needs to train. JJ Watt doesn't need to play preseason games.

But they've earned the right to prepare themselves in this way. Through years of experience and elite performance they know what is best for them.

Inexperienced players/coaches perhaps don't have that self awareness, though maybe like the cache that picking and choosing brings.

Have we practised our snaps to death? Have we practiced our kicks/holds to death? The boring stuff. Especially with new personnel.

Have we closely analysed these inexperienced back ups who are coming in against us?

Are we dotting every i and crossing every t? Or do we believe that maybe we're just better? When we were sailing at 7-0 who was going to question anything.

I'm a believer that under pressure, teams will fall back to the standard of their training/preparation. Has our preparation been as sloppy as the on-field stuff we are seeing?

Those two months of "can do no wrong" football may have done more harm than good.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team is pure ass and full of *******. Especially Kliff and Kyler (I suspect one is effecting the other).

What an embarrassing defeat against a team ravaged by COVID in prime time. Just terrible.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you want a tiny sliver of light this team is far more likely to win a road game as the 6th seed with no expectations than a home game as the 4th seed with the expectation to win.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I mean, not to put lipstick on a pig, but at least we were competitive tonight.

Taylor had a 108 yards, but did not dominate the game, and we actually had the lead in 2nd half.

I'm not saying be happy with the performance, but we looked better than we did vs. DET. By quite a lot.

So there's a glimmer of hope.
You must be registered for see images attach

Geeze dude, be more Pollyanna! This was an absolute **** show and no bones about it.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Collins and Simmons simply have to play. The alternatives of Walker or a Vallejo are not fixing anything, at least you have the slight possibility of a splash play with the young guys due to their athletic ability

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Backing into the playoffs will lead to us making the same dumb lame duck decision with Stiff that the Bears did with Nagy last year.

The writing is on the wall. If the Bidwills refuse to read it, we’re looking at a dark year of football ahead.
Backing into the playoffs when we had the late season collapse does not inspire good things

MB needs to wake up and do what's right for the team

Forget about anyones feelings

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'll be honest, these last three games have pretty much sapped all desire I have to even watch football for the rest of this year. And I mean football at any level. I have a very little faith that this current Cardinals team can pick themselves up off of that and salvage the season. I have never ever felt that way before.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Kyler had a 30 second post game interview.
I really have no problem with that. It's kind of a catch 22 at this point for him. He sits and takes all the questions and gives the same answers that he's given before, and gets roasted by people on this board or by the media.. He cuts his interview short and gets roasted by this board in the media. It's like some people are expecting him to have a Denny green sound bite. It's obvious that he's angry and embarrassed, and he's doing his best to not lose it in front of the public. That's just how I see it.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At the end of the day your 10-5

You can’t really fire a head coach that’s 10-5 nobody would ever take your job ever again
If they keep losing, sure you can. If they don't make it to the championship game, or maybe the SB???

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
And PS, for those roasting Vance Joseph and blaming the defense... Sure there's been questionable calls on the defensive side, but this team wins the last three games outright if the offense is just 80% of what it was at the beginning of the year. The defense has played well enough in all three games, regardless of the final score, for the Cardinals to win.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'll be honest, these last three games have pretty much sapped all desire I have to even watch football for the rest of this year. And I mean football at any level. I have a very little faith that this current Cardinals team can pick themselves up off of that and salvage the season. I have never ever felt that way before.

I think what makes this painful is Kliff/Keim/Kyler will all survive for another two seasons. And I feel what 2022 and 2023 will offer Cardinals fans is not going to be pretty. That is what makes this thing so much more disappointing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I sadly feel the same way. Watching games earlier in the year was fun because they all had meaning with us in the running. Now I don’t even want to keep watching us, much less anything else.

The second consecutive second half season collapse has been awful.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
At the end of the day your 10-5

You can’t really fire a head coach that’s 10-5 nobody would ever take your job ever again
What was Tony Dungy's record with Tampa Bay? Sure Tony Dungy finally won a super bowl with the Colts and Peyton Manning, but you can't argue the fact that there are just some head coaches who can get you to the top of the mountain, but can't quite get you over the top. In baseball, think of Buck showalter.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And PS, for those roasting Vance Joseph and blaming the defense... Sure there's been questionable calls on the defensive side, but this team wins the last three games outright if the offense is just 80% of what it was at the beginning of the year. The defense has played well enough in all three games, regardless of the final score, for the Cardinals to win.
VJ cannot stop the run. This is year 3. Time for another coach.