Colts @ Cardinals postgame thread.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I mean, not to put lipstick on a pig, but at least we were competitive tonight.

Taylor had a 108 yards, but did not dominate the game, and we actually had the lead in 2nd half.

I'm not saying be happy with the performance, but we looked better than we did vs. DET. By quite a lot.

So there's a glimmer of hope.
Dude. "Competitive" is Taylor running for over 100 yards when they were missing almost all of their offensive line? Because the score was maybe within range at some point?

That's more optimistic than Annie singing about the sun coming out tomorrow.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Dude. "Competitive" is Taylor running for over 100 yards when they were missing almost all of their offensive line? Because the score was maybe within range at some point?

That's more optimistic than Annie singing about the sun coming out tomorrow.

Yeah, but we had a few guys out too.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
No one cares. Good teams overcome adversity while bad teams make excuses out of the adversity.

Dude, I'm not making excuses for this loss. The Colts beat us fair and square, and they were the better side.

All I'm saying is that there were signs of life tonight, unlike what we saw against DET.

Get Conner and Hudson back, move Garcia back to RG, and we can probably beat SEA in the season finale.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Dude, I'm not making excuses for this loss. The Colts beat us fair and square, and they were the better side.

All I'm saying is that there were signs of life tonight, unlike what we saw against DET.

Get Conner and Hudson back, move Garcia back to RG, and we can probably beat SEA in the season finale.
We are going to make the playoffs. But being dependent on all of your players being healthy is just showing you are a fraud. No top team is healthy. The legit teams figure it out and the pretenders/frauds don't. We are a fraud and pretender until we can win something.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree that you must fire VJ, but can't understand why you say "you obviously can't fire Kliff". Kliff needs to the first shown the exit door with VJ right behind him.

At the end of the day your 10-5

You can’t really fire a head coach that’s 10-5 nobody would ever take your job ever again

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
We are going to make the playoffs. But being dependent on all of your players being healthy is just showing you are a fraud. No top team is healthy. The legit teams figure it out and the pretenders/frauds don't. We are a fraud and pretender until we can win something.

Yeah. It seems like our depth was tested pretty good during the 7-0 start, but we were able to overcome injuries early in the year.

But this team, especially K1, K2, and VJ are all wearing the "pretenders" tag right now. No question about that.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You saw the graphic.
Two missed fg’s
Missed extra point.
147 penalties.
A safety
An og that moves 3 times
A center that rolls the ball to your qb
Questionable reffing

Even very good teams can’t overcome crap like this. It seems different players take turns screwing up.

Backing into the playoffs as a wild card does not bode well or fill your fandom with confidence.
This is it in a nutshell. Yes, we got hosed by the officials. But, we had ample opportunities to overcome that & did not. Kingsbury looks clueless on the sideline. He needs to win one of the regular season games AND a playoff game to keep his job. And VJ should be fired no matter how we finish the season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lol... we can “probably” beat a pathetic Seattle team. Yay.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We are witnessing one of the greatest regular season collapses in sports history. It's incredibly surreal to watch. Yet, in some ways, it makes complete sense.

We are essentially down to having the same personnel as last year at this point. Keim's roster of band aids looked unstoppable when they were all fresh and healthy at the beginning of the season, but now they are showing their age and durability issues. He pretty much sold us a lemon that looked great pulling out of the lot but is seriously breaking down now that it's trying to get home.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are witnessing one of the greatest regular season collapses in sports history. It's incredibly surreal to watch. Yet, in some ways, it makes complete sense.

We are essentially down to having the same personnel as last year at this point. Keim's roster of band aids looked unstoppable when they were all fresh and healthy at the beginning of the season, but now they are showing their age and durability issues. He pretty much sold us a lemon that looked great pulling out of the lot but is seriously breaking down now that it's trying to get home.
Cardinals season in 15 seconds:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is it in a nutshell. Yes, we got hosed by the officials. But, we had ample opportunities to overcome that & did not. Kingsbury looks clueless on the sideline. He needs to win one of the regular season games AND a playoff game to keep his job. And VJ should be fired no matter how we finish the season.
The emphasis on Kingsburys appearance and mein on the sideline is mystifying to me. Do you really care that much and think that a more demonstrative coach would translate to more wins?

I think players and staff like and respect that he’s calm on the sideline and has their backs in the media—taking the blame for them and pointing the finger at himself as ultimately responsible.
Maybe not an exact comparison, but...

Maybe Jim Caldwell would be a good successor for Kingsbury.

Josh Jones, man. What an indictment of this coaching staff.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The emphasis on Kingsburys appearance and mein on the sideline is mystifying to me. Do you really care that much and think that a more demonstrative coach would translate to more wins?

I think players and staff like and respect that he’s calm on the sideline and has their backs in the media—taking the blame for them and pointing the finger at himself as ultimately responsible.

Maybe Jim Caldwell would be a good successor for Kingsbury.

Josh Jones, man. What an indictment of this coaching staff.
I'd take Caldwell in a heartbeat. @DVontel will probably hate on me for this a bit, haha. But, at this point...

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
At the end of the day your 10-5

You can’t really fire a head coach that’s 10-5 nobody would ever take your job ever again
The Chargers did. Marty Schottenheimer had a 14-2 record and was sacked before the next season. Kingsberry is no Schottenheimer….

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Playoffs could be goin bye be if cards dont wake the f up

What teams are cards pullin for tom?

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
One thing to remember is that winning games in September is very different than doing so in December, January, and February. Not only because of the weather, but because the intensity ratchets up significantly. It’s a big reason why good, but playoff inexperienced teams get blown out in the first playoff game because the players might never have experienced it like a Patriots player, for instance.
Kingsbury doesn’t know how to get your players ready for this, and it maybe just a flaw in his personality? My guy is different, because he’s all about intensity, but he s also stubborn about adjusting his offense during the playoff season. That’s why Bellicheat abused him in the Super Bowl, along with some critical injuries that year..

What’s sad is that the Packers stole one tonight. Rodgers didn’t look that good and the Browns had the game in the final minute, if not for their garbage HC and QB combo. I think the Rams and the Cards are too far behind to get the #1 Seed now, but damn. I hate those chokers (Browns).

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
Playoffs could be goin bye be if cards dont wake the f up

What teams are cards pullin for tom?
We clinch if the Vikings lose OR Eagles lose OR Saints (Monday) lose. Only one has to lose for us to get in.

However, we don’t really want the Vikings losing to the Rams. Though, to be honest, since I’m not expecting much from this team in the post-season, I’ll just breathe a sigh of relief if we get in, even if it means the Rams win.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We clinch if the Vikings lose OR Eagles lose OR Saints (Monday) lose. Only one has to lose for us to get in.

However, we don’t really want the Vikings losing to the Rams. Though, to be honest, since I’m not expecting much from this team in the post-season, I’ll just breath a sigh of relief if we get in, even if it means the Rams win.

Backing into the playoffs will lead to us making the same dumb lame duck decision with Stiff that the Bears did with Nagy last year.

The writing is on the wall. If the Bidwills refuse to read it, we’re looking at a dark year of football ahead.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard