Wk 16-Colts @ Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 12/20/21-12/24/21

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I’ll say this about Detroit, that’s a pretty dang good 2-11-1 team. They lost five games by 3 points or less. When you step back from it, it was definitely a disappointing game, but not completely shocking. Again, not that it’s excusable but I understand why they came out flat. I really think they for caught looking ahead on the schedule and thought they could just show up and win.

Losses like that are humiliating, but they can serve their purpose. You better believe the Cards are now more motivated than they would have been. (It sucks that an embarrassing loss is what it took, but I really do believe they are going to bounce back).

While I agree DET is not the 2018 Cardinals, I also don't think we should try to rationalize what we saw last Sunday. It was scary.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is just offensive :)

Here's the thing. I still believe this team is very talented. We have seen with some great results. That's not to say it's a perfect team, it has weaknesses but it's good enough to make a strong playoff run. They have outperformed most peoples pre season expectations.

But...

Talent and ability aren't all that is required to win games. I was hoping after last season the team (and especially Kyler and Kliff) would have learned from the late season debacle. I was hoping it toughened them up and taught them a lesson. But sadly we are seeing as instant replay of exactly what happened before and the clues were there all along.

On the road against Titans, Rams, Browns etc when expected to lose they thrive. Same in the Seahawks and Niners games with Colt at QB. Kliff especially thrives in these situations. His play calling and game planning is far superior when he feels like the underdog. On the road when expected to win easily they struggled vs the Jags and got owned by the Lions.

Put us at home in games we are supposed to win and we have been poor. Games in prime time we have been poor. Games with something on the line we have been poor.

Put the slightest bit of pressure on this team and it crumbles into dust. Although I may be harsh to the team here as I think 80% of the problem is Kliff and Kyler.
Ready to be disgusted? I agree totally.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's not losing. It's the manner of the defeats. Everyone can see the mental toughness is not there. Mistakes are appearing everywhere, especially at QB. Kliff isn't adjusting. Vance isn't adjusting.

We jumped off the bandwagon because the wheels have come off and it's about to overturn. Until they get the wheels back on I'm standing safely off to the side.

I think the K1 criticism is getting a little out of hand. Let’s be honest, he’s been running for his life the last couple of games. Combine that with a pretty poor run game, a defense that’s given up 30 in back-to-back games and I don’t think K1 is our main problem right now.

Now regarding the coaching, I’m definitely in agreement that they were extremely out coached in Detroit and that the issues start with them.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the K1 criticism is getting a little out of hand. Let’s be honest, he’s been running for his life the last couple of games. Combine that with a pretty poor run game, a defense that’s given up 30 in back-to-back games and I don’t think K1 is our main problem right now.

Now regarding the coaching, I’m definitely in agreement that they were extremely out coached in Detroit and that the issues start with them.
He’s def a part of the problem. He’s just not playing well. And as many have pointed out he runs often times when there is no need. He could just slide up on the pocket many times. But no he always spins out and runs for the sidelines.

Listen I’m happy to have him he’s a really good player. But he’s def having his issues that are 100% part of the problem right now.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
I really hope Hudson can play on Saturday. Otherwise I fear that Buckner might destroy our game like Donald did...

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hoping that somehow, some way they keep the Colts under 300 yards rushing. Other than that, I have no hope they will win this game.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Hoping that somehow, some way they keep the Colts under 300 yards rushing. Other than that, I have no hope they will win this game.
i just see no way they even come close.... team is lost, qb and coach and lost, and Indy just beat the Pats soundly showing they are one of the toughest teams to win against today.

losing last week was one of the worst losses in team history in the super bowl era.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just see no way they even come close.... team is lost, qb and coach and lost, and Indy just beat the Pats soundly showing they are one of the toughest teams to win against today.

losing last week was one of the worst losses in team history in the super bowl era.

Yeah. That was an all time kick in the nuts.

But you don’t have to look far for another one. Go back to last year where we had a chance to punch our ticket to the playoffs against that JV squad for the Niners who were down to their 3rd string QB, WR, RB, no Bosa and a rash of other injuries... and just got dominated. At home. Look back at the game threads. People were despondent.

That’s what the Detroit game felt like. Just that kick in the balls where we realized something was really broken inside this team. That what happened last year was happening again. I think it will take a remarkable performance to overcome the cloud hanging over this team’s head. If Kliff and Kyler CAN pull off the W, it will undoubtedly be the best win of their careers.

Can they do it? I honestly don’t know but I’ll be in my Cards gear ready to watch on Saturday.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is just offensive :)

Here's the thing. I still believe this team is very talented. We have seen with some great results. That's not to say it's a perfect team, it has weaknesses but it's good enough to make a strong playoff run. They have outperformed most peoples pre season expectations.

But...

Talent and ability aren't all that is required to win games. I was hoping after last season the team (and especially Kyler and Kliff) would have learned from the late season debacle. I was hoping it toughened them up and taught them a lesson. But sadly we are seeing as instant replay of exactly what happened before and the clues were there all along.

On the road against Titans, Rams, Browns etc when expected to lose they thrive. Same in the Seahawks and Niners games with Colt at QB. Kliff especially thrives in these situations. His play calling and game planning is far superior when he feels like the underdog. On the road when expected to win easily they struggled vs the Jags and got owned by the Lions.

Put us at home in games we are supposed to win and we have been poor. Games in prime time we have been poor. Games with something on the line we have been poor.

Put the slightest bit of pressure on this team and it crumbles into dust. Although I may be harsh to the team here as I think 80% of the problem is Kliff and Kyler.
While I don’t agree it’s 80% (I think vance is a larger part of it, as is the lack of talent along the defensive line and the injuries to the offensive line) I’m glad to see you’re not in the all kliffs fault or all kylers fault. There’s plenty of blame to go around.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

This is not true. There were a myriad of plays where he had plenty of time and just didn’t make the read/throw.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The defense gave up 30 because the offense was off the field so much the defense was gassed.

I don't think the K1 criticism is out of hand. In the biggest game of the year that would have sealed the division and the playoffs in prime time he threw and EZ pick and worse of all with all the time in the world he threw one of the worst passes he's ever throw straight into the hands of a linebacker to give them a 3 yard field. It was awful.

He needs to get his **** together. He's been bad. He's been indecisive. He's been holding onto the ball too long and he's been sailing passes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s def a part of the problem. He’s just not playing well. And as many have pointed out he runs often times when there is no need. He could just slide up on the pocket many times. But no he always spins out and runs for the sidelines.

Listen I’m happy to have him he’s a really good player. But he’s def having his issues that are 100% part of the problem right now.

Teams have super cottoned on to the spin outs too. Where those spin outs often saved his ass more times than not they now turn into 12 yard losses.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. That was an all time kick in the nuts.

But you don’t have to look far for another one. Go back to last year where we had a chance to punch our ticket to the playoffs against that JV squad for the Niners who were down to their 3rd string QB, WR, RB, no Bosa and a rash of other injuries... and just got dominated. At home. Look back at the game threads. People were despondent.

That’s what the Detroit game felt like. Just that kick in the balls where we realized something was really broken inside this team. That what happened last year was happening again. I think it will take a remarkable performance to overcome the cloud hanging over this team’s head. If Kliff and Kyler CAN pull off the W, it will undoubtedly be the best win of their careers.

Can they do it? I honestly don’t know but I’ll be in my Cards gear ready to watch on Saturday.

Yup, that's what I meant when I said above this was an instant replay of last year. So much went our way on paper. We played a bunch of backups and injury hit teams and still managed to throw it all away.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The defense gave up 30 because the offense was off the field so much the defense was gassed.

I don't think the K1 criticism is out of hand. In the biggest game of the year that would have sealed the division and the playoffs in prime time he threw and EZ pick and worse of all with all the time in the world he threw one of the worst passes he's ever throw straight into the hands of a linebacker to give them a 3 yard field. It was awful.

He needs to get his **** together. He's been bad. He's been indecisive. He's been holding onto the ball too long and he's been sailing passes.
I’d agree if the defense weren’t giving up first down after first down on the first series of the game. Doesn’t make them escape any type of blame. Just watched the Saints absolutely do pretty much nothing on offense against the Bucs the whole game, but their defense held their own & had a masterful performance.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I’d agree if the defense weren’t giving up first down after first down on the first series of the game. Doesn’t make them escape any type of blame. Just watched the Saints absolutely do pretty much nothing on offense against the Bucs the whole game, but their defense held their own & had a masterful performance.

A pass rush that can execute goes a long way in stopping those chain moving first downs ( like we saw in detroits opening drive ). This defense plays so much better when JJ, Chan, Golden, even Kennard were in the backfield creating tackles for loss and turnovers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave