Wk 16-Colts @ Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 12/20/21-12/24/21

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
This will be a great game and will, IMO, show to football fans everywhere if the Cards are as good as their record has insinuated all season or are exposed as a fun team but not strong enough to stand up to the grind of a 17 game schedule. The Colts are the perfect team to determine that. They are tough, throwback to the old way football was played. They are strong in the trenches and run the ball like a championship team should, shortening the game and the number of possessions their opponents have. They control the ball and time of possession. If the Cards have no answer to their run game, it will be ugly. If the Cards can stand up to their ground onslaught, and/or turn the game into a shoot out by building a big early lead, then there is hope that a Super Bowl is still very much within reach.

This is the kind of game that to me might show what position(s) the Cards' early draft picks need to address most. I keep leaning towards a monster DT, but this game could prove me wrong.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Have we ever thought about doing a zoom or Google Hangout during a game? Can host up to a hundred on zoom and 150 on Google Hangout.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe VJ can scheme up something to actually stop the run lol. I have no faith in VJ his defense is terrible and the biggest single reason this team has lost games! Back to back losses giving up 30 yeah let’s talk about Kyler or anything else besides the glaring problem of this team! Defense blows O line in shambles that’s the major difference between 7-0 Cards and now!
Yes, you NAILED it. No matter what happens the rest of this year, VJ has to be shown the door. Keim is SEETHING about how long it’s taken to develop his last 2 1st round picks. All the while, Hicks is still on the field. Bring in a DC that will utilize a player’s athleticism instead of needing him to have the IQ of a brain surgeon.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here's me watching the game Saturday:

You must be registered for see images attach

Just praying that we're competitive.
I’m shocked at how pretty much everyone has jumped off the bandwagon. Is there reason for concern? Absolutely. But the sky is not falling…yet. Beating a darn good Colts team will go a long way in exorcising the demons from these last two weeks, and I think that is exactly what they will do.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I’m shocked at how pretty much everyone has jumped off the bandwagon. Is there reason for concern? Absolutely. But the sky is not falling…yet. Beating a darn good Colts team will go a long way in exorcising the demons from these last two weeks, and I think that is exactly what they will do.

JosiahLee..did you watch the game against DET man? :)

"reason for concern" manifested itself after we were soundly beaten by the Rams. We are now in "alarmed" territory, and one blow-out loss to the Colts away from "full scale panic".

Sure, win on Saturday, and we're back in the saddle. Faith will be restored.

But DET, 1-11-1, ran us off the field man. They obliterated us. It was not a competitive game.

How confident are we supposed to be against a juiced up IND team, with a RB who just ran right through a Bilicheck defense?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"reason for concern" manifested itself after we were soundly beaten by the Rams. We are now in "alarmed" territory, and one blow-out loss to the Colts away from "full scale panic".

But DET, 1-11-1, ran us off the field man. They obliterated us. It was not a competitive game.

How confident are we supposed to be against a juiced up IND team, with a RB who just ran right through a Bilicheck defense?
We were not beaten to a pulp by the Rams. We outrushed, outpassed and wound up with 100 more yards. That game, we hung ourselves with turnovers and bad penalties.

Detroit.... beat us to a pulp.

Indy has to be feeling really good. Maybe a bit too good after throttling NE and getting 7 players on the Pro Bowl. Or, maybe not.

I have a feeling we are going to play a good game. Just a feeling. We will see.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were not beaten to a pulp by the Rams. We outrushed, outpassed and wound up with 100 more yards. That game, we hung ourselves with turnovers and bad penalties.

Detroit.... beat us to a pulp.

Indy has to be feeling really good. Maybe a bit too good after throttling NE and getting 7 players on the Pro Bowl. Or, maybe not.

I have a feeling we are going to play a good game. Just a feeling. We will see.

My hope is Indy is riding high and due for a fall, thinking we might be a pushover after losing to the Lions.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Who saw Detroit beating us to a pulp. I predict we will win Christmas day. Any given NFL game day.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I’ll say this about Detroit, that’s a pretty dang good 2-11-1 team. They lost five games by 3 points or less. When you step back from it, it was definitely a disappointing game, but not completely shocking. Again, not that it’s excusable but I understand why they came out flat. I really think they for caught looking ahead on the schedule and thought they could just show up and win.

Losses like that are humiliating, but they can serve their purpose. You better believe the Cards are now more motivated than they would have been. (It sucks that an embarrassing loss is what it took, but I really do believe they are going to bounce back).

Reaction score
I feel like i did before week 1 vs Tennessee
I see a lot of similarities ..
Everyone thought Tennessee was going to destroy us, and it was the opposite.
Tennessee had king henry. Who was going to run all over us,Indy has j Taylor and everyone is expecting j Taylor to run all over us.
The cards have to get off to a good start, and make the colts one dimensional, relying on carson wentz.
If this happens i am anticipating a convincing cardinals win.
If they play uninspired they will lose.

Score:
Cardinals 38
Colts 17

Watch everyone get back on the bandwagon….

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope we score on our opening drive. Reckon that will settle some nerves.

We've been edgy early in games lately. Forced to punt, no fluency. Feel like we've been off balance from the start and then played with a tinge of desperation throughout, trying to get back into it. Trying to force splash plays that aren't there, rolling the dice on fourth downs.

Bank some points. Breathe. Settle.

Not great that we're so fragile mind you. But we seem very much a confidence team at present. There were signs of resilience earlier in the season but that seems to have evaporated.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. Man this board has turned on a dime in the last 9 days.

He's 1-3 in his last 4. Those 9 days made a big difference.

I don't mind getting beat if you come up against a better team. I really don't. But there aren't many better teams than us this year. I still believe that.

I very much mind getting beat by inferior teams because we crapped the bed. I think we should have beat Green Bay, for obvious reasons. The Panthers debacle was unacceptable. The Rams home game was easily winnable but we shot ourselves in the foot time and time again and Detroit was just Panthers 2.0.

We lost them all because we are a weak team. Talented, but weak. And I just can't abide that at this stage of the season. There's really no excuse after they went through a similar thing last year.

Sadly, the source is Kyler. When the chips are down teams need their QB to step up. As Brady has always done. As Rodgers and Mahomes do. As Dak is doing now.

Kyler plays his worst football when we need him to perform the most. That's just the truth. He need's to grow up and get over it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's not losing. It's the manner of the defeats. Everyone can see the mental toughness is not there. Mistakes are appearing everywhere, especially at QB. Kliff isn't adjusting. Vance isn't adjusting.

We jumped off the bandwagon because the wheels have come off and it's about to overturn. Until they get the wheels back on I'm standing safely off to the side.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He's 1-3 in his last 4. Those 9 days made a big difference.

I don't mind getting beat if you come up against a better team. I really don't. But there aren't many better teams than us this year. I still believe that.

I very much mind getting beat by inferior teams because we crapped the bed. I think we should have beat Green Bay, for obvious reasons. The Panthers debacle was unacceptable. The Rams home game was easily winnable but we shot ourselves in the foot time and time again and Detroit was just Panthers 2.0.

We lost them all because we are a weak team. Talented, but weak. And I just can't abide that at this stage of the season. There's really no excuse after they went through a similar thing last year.

Sadly, the source is Kyler. When the chips are down teams need their QB to step up. As Brady has always done. As Rodgers and Mahomes do. As Dak is doing now.

Kyler plays his worst football when we need him to perform the most. That's just the truth. He need's to grow up and get over it.
We used to argue a lot, but you and I have been seeing eye to eye quite a bit in recent times.

AustrianCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
If Garcia and Hudson are out (have there been any news regarding his Covid status?) Harlow is the next man up at C, right?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We used to argue a lot, but you and I have been seeing eye to eye quite a bit in recent times.

This is just offensive :)

Here's the thing. I still believe this team is very talented. We have seen with some great results. That's not to say it's a perfect team, it has weaknesses but it's good enough to make a strong playoff run. They have outperformed most peoples pre season expectations.

But...

Talent and ability aren't all that is required to win games. I was hoping after last season the team (and especially Kyler and Kliff) would have learned from the late season debacle. I was hoping it toughened them up and taught them a lesson. But sadly we are seeing as instant replay of exactly what happened before and the clues were there all along.

On the road against Titans, Rams, Browns etc when expected to lose they thrive. Same in the Seahawks and Niners games with Colt at QB. Kliff especially thrives in these situations. His play calling and game planning is far superior when he feels like the underdog. On the road when expected to win easily they struggled vs the Jags and got owned by the Lions.

Put us at home in games we are supposed to win and we have been poor. Games in prime time we have been poor. Games with something on the line we have been poor.

Put the slightest bit of pressure on this team and it crumbles into dust. Although I may be harsh to the team here as I think 80% of the problem is Kliff and Kyler.