Suns @ Clippers Thursday WCF game thread 6-24-2021 - Game 3

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought they same thing myself.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Suns/Hawks Finals. A Booker/Young shootout would be some exciting basketball!

If we lose to the Clippers I'd love to see a Clippers/Hawks final. But if we advance, I want the easiest opponent and I've felt for some time that team is NOT the Hawks. Assuming Booker isn't too damaged to shoot straight, I think we are slightly better than any team left but I'd like our chances less with the Hawks than the Bucks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who would have thought that Devin Booker would be getting a facial instead of his girlfriend?

I've always thought if I needed a protective face mask I would wear something ferocious looking like a goalie in ice hockey.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We were all hoping for a miracle Monty.

Gina Mizell
@ginamizell

Monty on if he had faith on that final lob play: "I think God is more concerned with how we deal with both -- winning and losing. But I was praying. My shirt was wet and I was just thinking to myself, like Lord, please let me have (this)." #Suns

1:28 PM · Jun 23, 2021·Twitter Web App
I love monty, but I’ll never understand this. To give this to you would mean to take it from lue. A) what god does that?, and B) what god gives a crap about basketball?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've always thought if I needed a protective face mask I would wear something ferocious looking like a goalie in ice hockey.
That would be awesome. I believe they wear clear so as to avoid any distraction to themselves.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love monty, but I’ll never understand this. To give this to you would mean to take it from lue. A) what god does that?, and B) what god gives a crap about basketball?
That's what we do. We pray. We pray from our own perspective. That doesn't mean that God sees it the way we do. That is exactly what Monty is saying.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps this was just my impression but I thought he was shooting so poorly in that mask that he soon gave up on it?

My impression was he didn't feel comfortable in the mask or maybe it had something to do with shooting. I don't recall reading why he disposed of it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@AzStevenCal

I have a feeling Booker's nose will be a target for a couple of Clippers players.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we lose to the Clippers I'd love to see a Clippers/Hawks final. But if we advance, I want the easiest opponent and I've felt for some time that team is NOT the Hawks. Assuming Booker isn't too damaged to shoot straight, I think we are slightly better than any team left but I'd like our chances less with the Hawks than the Bucks.

Nah I want to be entertained. If the Suns are going to be the Champs they have to go through the Hawks. Sorry dawg but that's just the way it is...lol

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of teams have no answer for Cam Payne.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hope Booker wears a freakin catcher's mask, and returns the favor to Pat Beverly

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah I want to be entertained. If the Suns are going to be the Champs they have to go through the Hawks. Sorry dawg but that's just the way it is...lol

Not in my world. I want a championship, that's the way it is. I don't care if the team we play has to start the worst players on their roster, the championship means more than the route there. I just want the "the Suns never won it all" line to die an inglorious death. After that, I can once again shout out the "let the best team win" mantra but until then it's "let the Suns win" and nothing else.

As for being entertained, are you saying that if we finish off the Clippers and then sweep the Bucks by 50 points a game you WON'T be entertained?

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not in my world. I want a championship, that's the way it is. I don't care if the team we play has to start the worst players on their roster, the championship means more than the route there. I just want the "the Suns never won it all" line to die an inglorious death. After that, I can once again shout out the "let the best team win" mantra but until then it's "let the Suns win" and nothing else.

As for being entertained, are you saying that if we finish off the Clippers and then sweep the Bucks by 50 points a game you WON'T be entertained?

I want to see a Booker Young shootout. If the Suns are Champs then they'll beat either. After the Suns beat em we can revisit this conversation

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I will be perfectly content and entertained if the Suns go 15-0 in the playoffs and the rest of the games aren't even close.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to see a Booker Young shootout. If the Suns are Champs then they'll beat either. After the Suns beat em we can revisit this conversation

I'd love to see that in the playoffs. The 2022 playoffs. This year, I want the easiest path and IMO we match up slightly better against the Bucks. But regardless of how this goes down, it's not like I'm going to kick my dog if we have to face the Hawks. I just want every break we can possibly get.

<not that I'd ever kick a dog>

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard