2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

this kid is so stupid good, poised... so far beyond his years. He's essentially this generation's Magic Johnson. Actually, even that's not right because he's so much better of a scorer than Magic was at his age.

my crusade against taking him 1st has to be the dumbest sports take I've ever had. Even bigger than JOSH MCCOWN IS THE ANSWER.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No player gets as much grief from fans as Westbrook. I don't get it. He's been in a few altercations of sorts with fans in numerous cities. He's not the instigator either. He's probably one of.the last NBA players I'd want to.fight also, definitely the last guard. The dude is built like a human pitbull and plays like one too.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this kid is so stupid good, poised... so far beyond his years. He's essentially this generation's Magic Johnson. Actually, even that's not right because he's so much better of a scorer than Magic was at his age.

my crusade against taking him 1st has to be the dumbest sports take I've ever had. Even bigger than JOSH MCCOWN IS THE ANSWER.

Don't feel bad about it. NOBODY thought he would be this good - Nobody.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kendric Perkins on the first take this morning, brings up officiating in the Jazz Grizzly series. SMH

no one has the guts to bring the Lakers up in the same topic.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Don't feel bad about it. NOBODY thought he would be this good - Nobody.
yeah I knew he would be good and likely the best player in his draft(maybe with my homer glasses on). But did I know he would be this good this quick? No. Thats what is crazy, think how good he will be in his prime years. If he starts to improve his free throw shooting, he could average about 3-5 points more per game.

When he was drafted I was living in England so I didn’t get the national take. I think him being international might have had something to do with not being taken at 1? all of the Dallas media were raving about him being a steal and the best player in that draft. an amazing player who would probably be even a bigger star than dirk. It was hard for me to believe that, but seeing dirk progress in his career, I knew it could happen again for Dallas getting a great player from Europe. Unlike dirk when luka was drafted, luka already had moved away from his home country and played pro basketball in a foreign country for multiple years. He already got himself acclimated to traveling and learning a new language/culture. So luka was nba ready day 1, which is why he is so comfortable already. It’s funny seeing him constantly yell at the clips players that thought they could bully him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No player gets as much grief from fans as Westbrook. I don't get it. He's been in a few altercations of sorts with fans in numerous cities. He's not the instigator either. He's probably one of.the last NBA players I'd want to.fight also, definitely the last guard. The dude is built like a human pitbull and plays like one too.

I think the Westbrook hate from the fans has a lot of racism to it. He’s not a cheap shot artist. He doesn’t talk a lot of smack. He’s just a force of nature and I think his ferocity threatens a lot of pathetic white people who just want their athletes to shut up and dribble.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I
I think the Westbrook hate has a lot of racism to it. He’s not a cheap shot artist. He doesn’t talk a lot of smack. He’s just a force of nature and I think his ferocity threatens a lot of pathetic white people who just want their athletes to shut up and dribble.
he does take a lot of abuse and doesn't get the full respect that he deserves as being one of the very best players over the last 10 years. I mean you could easily make the case that he is better than KD.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Just don't understand fans that do stuff like dump things or spit on players. Guessing alcohol was involved, but even if so it's just despicable behavior.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I bet the Heat wish they had Jae Crowder back.
Heat's moves this year were all about clearing up as much cap space as possible next off-season. They were never going for the title this year.

Whether it was a good move to let Crowder go or not depends on how they make out in free agency.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Heat's moves this year were all about clearing up as much cap space as possible next off-season. They were never going for the title this year.

Whether it was a good move to let Crowder go or not depends on how they make out in free agency.
Wasn’t that space for giannis?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is pretty bad for this to happen. Three Jazz fans were banned.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

if the Clippers get swept, I won’t be surprised to see Riley convince Kawhi to come to South Beach. There’s no way the Clippers stick together if this ends up the debacle it looks like so far.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard